More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person

Go down 
+6
lalala2004
CJB
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Largo's Shark
bitchcraft
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person Empty
PostSubject: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:39 am

I do not mean CGI bullshit like Brozzayawn para-surfing on a glacial tidal wave without getting his hair wet.

I mean a stunt incorporating a real stunt-person/stunt-team.

There are many that come to mind but the one I found the most nerve-wracking was the real Kanaga running over the backs of real crocodiles in Live and Let Die.

Coming a close second...the corkscrew car flip in The Man With The Golden Gun.

I think the Roger Moore films have the best and most sentimental stunts of all.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:55 am

My personal favourite is Bond climbing onto the Disco Volante with Barry's epic 007 theme (Bob Simmons?), whiling going at God knows how many knots. Either that, or George Leech jumping onto the sharks (for only about £400 quid IIRC) earlier in the film.

Other than that, easily the legendary parachute drop off Mount Asgard .
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:35 am

God, there are plenty of them, but the biggest standouts for me would be:

Rock climbing fall (FYEO)
Ski jump (TSWLM)
Corkscrew Car Turn (TMWTGG)
Hanging onto the plane (OP)
Cargo net fight (TLD)
Mid fall fight (MR)

The last one particularly. Imagine choreographing that? Not to mention the risk is tripled, as didn't they have to perform it three times?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 11:27 am

Most of what happens during LTK's tanker chase looks pretty bloody dangerous.

Also, an honourable mention for GE's bungee jump.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:25 pm

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:41 am

Ski jump + Union Jack parachute. Iconic and spectacularly done.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:43 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Coming a close second...the corkscrew car flip in The Man With The Golden Gun.

That's my number 1. I can't get over how amazingly REAL that stunt is.

Stupid whistle....
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:18 am

Have to say probably the MR pre-titles mid air action. Both for the stuntwork and the filming of it.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:11 am

colly wrote:
Have to say probably the MR pre-titles mid air action. Both for the stuntwork and the filming of it.
Yes this stunt work was exceptionally well done and with no CGI. I think such skydiving stunt work was groundbreaking for the time.
It seems Eon wanted to capitalize on the new Christopher Reeve Superman craze so they figured this was how they would have Bond fly.
The scene has been mimicked in films since, most notably I think in the 2008 Get Smart remake, in which Max, 99 and a Jaws/ripoff character all fall out of an airplane and virtually mimic the MR scene, including Jaw's absurd landing.

===My favourite stunt has always been the LALD boat chase jump in which the boat that misses creates one of "them there new car-boats", laugh after Bond's car sails over the roadblock.

I'm still amazed that they pulled off the corkscrew car-jump in TMWTGG and the motorcycle jump in TND looked pretty dangerous as well, without any wiggle room for error.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:23 am

tiffanywint wrote:
colly wrote:
Yes this stunt work was exceptionally well done and with no CGI. I think such skydiving stunt work was groundbreaking for the time.

There's a film called THE GYPSY MOTHS from 1969 thats got similarly awesome skydiving shots... but the MR stuff is still amazing to me.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:09 pm

1. Corkscrew Car Flip

2. Union Flag Ski/Parachute - specifically because I still hold my breath when the ski hits the parachute

3. Goldeneye Dam Bungee Jump

4. Cargo Net

5. There's a bit in OHMSS where Bond rolls head first down a set of steel steps. He does a similar move in Goldeneye. It's simple, but effective. I just like it.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Another one - the cable car jump from OHMSS.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Martin Grace deserves a mention here for, amongst other stunts, hanging on for dear life on Octopussy's circus train and nearly getting killed in the process.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person   Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Bond stunt done by an actual stunt-person
Page 1 of 1