More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Go down 
+13
dr. strangelove
Blunt Instrument
Makeshift Python
bondfan06
Salomé
Jack Wade
Louis Armstrong
bitchcraft
The White Tuxedo
Control
Tubes
GeneralGogol
tiffanywint
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Empty
PostSubject: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:38 am

If anyone needs to know, I will be boycotting the new Transformers film because Michael Bay, the big wussy, ditched Megan Fox.
As the Mail scribe below points out, neither Fox nor her replacement can act, (in fact the new underwear model replacement makes Fox look like Katherine Hepburn) but this franchise is Fox's baby. It's her showcase. I only watched the first two Transformers films for Megan.
Harrumph!

====From the Daily Mail..............."Never thought I'd find myself sticking up for the ungracious Megan Fox who appeared in the first two Transformer pictures, but she's a helluva better actress than the comely Rosie Huntington-Whiteley who comes to this movie direct from a Victoria's Secret runway. OK, that's not saying much as Fox isn't a great thespian, but she can utter lines better than Huntington-Whiteley does in Transformers: Dark of the Moon, the third in director Michael Bay's series of sci-fi epics featuring the heroic Autobots and the nasty Decepticons.For those of you who have been living on a planet far, far away, you should know that Fox was dismissed from Dark of the Moon before shooting began for dissing Bay in a magazine interview"

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Article-0-0C97F82D00000578-113_468x286

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2008520/Transformers-3-Dark-Moon-review.html#ixzz1QSXkihjS
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 6:15 pm

This premiered in Moscow last week, and the reviews are pretty amusing so far. Here are some of the Russian excerpts:

"Dark Side of the Moon is a patriotic film: no part of the epic series about transforming autos has excluded a frame of the proudly fluttering American flag, and the threequel obviously was no exception."

"The side of earthlings is of course represented not only by the positive autobots, but also by the armed forces of the USA - in all their politically correct glory. Add to this the passionate shots of the marines, the flying paratroopers, the head of Lincoln's Monument destroyed by an evil robot, and the city of Chicago obliterated to its foundations - and the star-spangled banner will automatically play in your ears."

"Do not forget that, unlike most films in the Moscow International Film Festival program, "Transformers" is a spectacle movie, a predictable commercial success. and at the same time, undoubtedly, an auteur film. In the sense that hardly anyone other than Michael Bay is able to make a three-hour blockbuster, in which one of the major roles will be played by a monstrous hybrid of a water supply hose, an electric drill and a ventilator..."
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:15 pm

I thought Fox was canned because she was a massive diva. Comparing Bay to Hitler just pushed everything over the top.

I'll probably see it. Can't say I'm optimistic about it's quality, but maybe 3D forced Bay to finally use longer shots and looser editing.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Actually I may have to re-consider. If Fox was a real diva/bitch then Bay may have been right to say, the hell with her.Still I really did enjoy Fox in both of the first two films, and wish she was still around but if she talked/behaved her way out of a job- c'est la vie. Meanwhile if the former Soviet Union is ragging on the film for reveling in US patriotism and glorifying the flag - then that almost makes the film must see. I am now lifting the boycott, seeing as the Russians are not impressed.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:21 am

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: the next worst "actress" ever.

In all honesty, though, I'd rather see this instead of:
Captain America
Green Lantern
Cars 2
Harrey Potter Part 2
Cowboys and Aliens
Conan the Barbarian
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Glee 3D

In other words, when this shit is one of the best things happening for the summer movie season, you know Hollywood's gone down the hole.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:30 am

I think CAPTAIN AMERICA may hold some promise.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:49 am

It won't be the same without Megan but I'll still see it....my daughter will be thrilled. I was worried the 3D glasses might hurt her eyes but she's a little Transformer all by herself...and she's taking us to see it with her money... ☀

Got to make some time to get reacquainted with the first two movies.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:35 am

Yeah, Captain America looks like it could be fun.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:58 am

Saw this tonight. I'd say it's about on par with the first one. The 3-D is truly awesome — the first flick since "Avatar" that is truly a must-see 3-D experience.

And yeah, the new girl is pretty terrible. Wooden and not that attractive. Mind you, I was not that fond of Megan Fox, but I'd rather watch her than this new chick.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:55 am

She's only a couple years older than me (and a few others around here), but looks just as rugged as the rest of those Victoria's Secret broads. That coke's really taking a toll on them.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:36 am

How are Malkovich and McDormand... do they get more than two minutes of screentime?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:55 am

I was going to go back to the boycott because the movie is in 3d with no 2d option that I can see, however if the 3d is worth paying for, for a change than I might reconsider.

Problem is 3d is usually a colossal waste of time. They bump the ticket prices up 3 bucks a pop. You have to wear clunky glasses. The screen is darker and the 3d is generally meh.

Only two films have I seen in which the 3d was worth the extra price. Those being Avatar and the Nicholas Cage/Amanda Heard, camp, action, horror gorefest, Drive Angry.
In Drive Angry the filmmakers actually made an effort to exploit the 3ds effects. A flying sword almost poked my eye out. It wasn't just the usual atmospheric 3d.

3d waste of time films for me were :
Narnia Dawn Treader ( just awful, may as well have been in 2d)
Green Hornet
Tron
Thor

But if Dark of the Moon was indeed made with the 3d in mind, then it might be worth it, as Avatar was.
But I really wish the 3d would be ditched for everything other than full blown 3d effect films.
Make 3d the exception, and not the norm for action blockbusters.

Damn. Its not going to be the same without Megan Fox and her tight jeans, tight tops and gratuitous posing.
Fox caught a case of the Lazenbees I guess.Why can't these people behave. :cherry:
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:40 am

Mr. Brown wrote:

Captain America

I'd rather see Captain America. In fact, I will probably see it. For two reasons, I like the idea of a period piece superhero movie and I have a weakness for Chris Evans... :oops:

Last edited by Salomé on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:42 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
She's only a couple years older than me (and a few others around here), but looks just as rugged as the rest of those Victoria's Secret broads. That coke's really taking a toll on them.

"Cocaine is a helluva drug." ;)
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Salomé wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:

Captain America

I'd rather see Captain America. In fact, I will probably see it. For two reasons, I like the idea of a period piece superhero movie and I have a weakness for Chris Evans... :oops:

Hm. Apart from your weakness for Chris Evans and the idea of a period piece, what else grabbed you with the film's trailer? All I recall is a bunch of explosions and bad one-liners. We've been seeing this in summer blockbusters for years. Not to mention that Chris Evans, as solid as his abs may be, is one of the worst actors working in Hollywood today. I'm starting to think that they could dress Leif Garret up as a popular comic book hero, and fan boys would jizz about it.

Regardless, I'd see it before seeing the next Harrey Potter children's film.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:36 pm

GeneralGogol wrote:
How are Malkovich and McDormand... do they get more than two minutes of screentime?
McDormand gets quite a bit of screentime. I'd say Malkovich gets a little less.

They're not really anything to write home about, but that's because of the script. Their characters are pretty silly.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Salomé wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:

"Cocaine is a helluva drug." ;)

laugh

For Rosie:

Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:00 pm

I understand we're talking about Michael Bay here, but I don't see the allure of this new girl. Sure, she has a nice body, but her face doesn't compare to Megan Fox's. I expected better from Michael Bay.
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Ebert loved it.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110628/REVIEWS/110629981
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:34 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
I understand we're talking about Michael Bay here, but I don't see the allure of this new girl. Sure, she has a nice body, but her face doesn't compare to Megan Fox's. I expected better from Michael Bay.

I thought Fox wasn't much attractive. Looks too much like a Bratz doll. The new girl though isn't an improvement nor a step down.

I hope Bay is completely done with these toy flicks. I'd like to see him go back to doing fun old fashioned action flick with a charismatic cast like THE ROCK, one of the few flicks I actually enjoyed watching with Nic Cage.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Jack Wade wrote:

I think he simply got used to Rosie after boning her in between shooting Victoria's Secret commercials. No tedious casting couch required.

Just a matter of convenience.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:21 am

Thought the first film was a decent enough bit of blockbuster sci-fi fun nonsense, but utterly loathed the second.

I turned 40 back in March ... it didn't leave me feeling too old to go and and see the likes of Thor or X Men : First Class, but it definitely does with this.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:25 am

bondfan06 wrote:
Ebert loved it.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110628/REVIEWS/110629981
Not surprising. Ebert has a notorious grudge with 3-D and "Dark of the Moon" isn't worth your time or money without it.

Makeshift Python wrote:
I thought Fox wasn't much attractive. Looks too much like a Bratz doll. The new girl though isn't an improvement nor a step down.

I hope Bay is completely done with these toy flicks. I'd like to see him go back to doing fun old fashioned action flick with a charismatic cast like THE ROCK, one of the few flicks I actually enjoyed watching with Nic Cage.
Different strokes. Granted, I do think Megan Fox is overrated in the looks department, but even so, I don't think the new girl holds a candle.

Mr. Brown wrote:
I think he simply got used to Rosie after boning her in between shooting Victoria's Secret commercials. No tedious casting couch required.

Just a matter of convenience.
Wouldn't be surprised at all if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:09 am

Michael Bay truly is the luckiest man in the world. Film explosions by day, bone supermodels by night. Something to aspire to, really.

Oh, and the movie was entertaining. Surprised me, considering that I hated the last one with the power of a thousand suns.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:11 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Thought the first film was a decent enough bit of blockbuster sci-fi fun nonsense, but utterly loathed the second.

Me too. I really enjoyed the first one, but the second was complete trash. Just got my tickets to DARK OF THE MOON for tomorrow in 3D and I'm pretty excited. The space-race concept seems really cool to me.

The new girl....just...no. She looks like the most generic Barbie-doll, dumb blonde bimbo you could find. Very disappointing casting decision, if you ask me. Fox, even though she looked a bit like trailer trash, has a pretty sexy allure going on, and she's got a killer body. I'd take her over this new chick any day of the week.

...also, a lot of this was filmed in Chicago, so I'm pretty excited seeing my city on the big screen. I have a bunch of friends who work downtown that got to watch during filming. My brother's girlfriend even got to talk to Shia for a brief moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: Dark of the Moon   Transformers: Dark of the Moon Empty

Back to top Go down

Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next