More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted

Go down 
+10
Santa
Hilly
Perilagu Khan
danslittlefinger
GeneralGogol
Gravity's Silhouette
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Fort Knox
j7wild
Largo's Shark
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Empty
PostSubject: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:28 am

Quote :
According to press reports in the country, the 23rd James Bond production will also be taking in the scenery of Istanbul, Turkey, when Daniel Craig suits up as 007 for the third time.

Director Sam Mendes is reportedly keen to use the city’s historical neighborhood Sultanahmet Square, and has received permission from Turkish Culture Minister Ertuğrul Günay.

“Shooting will start within the next few months. We have discussed the issue and rather than closing the square completely, some parts could be partially closed from time to time for the filming,” Günay said, adding that it would be difficult to close the whole square. “We have to consider our tourists, but we can accommodate foreign film production companies that want to use Turkey as a platform.”

Two James Bond films have featured Istanbul: most notably "From Russia With Love" (1963), and to a lesser extent "The World Is Not Enough" (1999).

The major confirmed location for Bond 23 is India, with South Africa and China also rumoured.

Filming at Pinewood Studios is scheduled to start in November 2011, with the film's UK release just under a year later on 26th October 2012.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=9681&t=mi6&s=news

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Attractions-sultanahmet-square

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Flickr-3829589397-image

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted 4797674031_e8b8e811c4

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Sultanahmet_3

Last edited by Sharky on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:33 am

How about somewhere different for a change?

Bond has been to Istanbul at least twice!

How about Greece or Australia?
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:56 am

You may have a point there j7wild, and we've yet to see Bond down under.

BTW, welcome to the forums.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:58 am

Nothing in Australia is worth having the Bond team here unfortunately. Let's try Canada, Denmark or The Seychelles please.

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:09 am

j7wild wrote:
How about somewhere different for a change?

Bond has been to Istanbul at least twice!

How about Greece or Australia?

Or Norway. Or Savannah, Ga or Charleston Sc. or San Antonio TX. or Aruba.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 2:56 pm

I like this news. Istanbul has been featured twice already, but it's such a fascinating city that it can come across differently on screen at least a dozen times. Venice has been visited thrice by Bond as well.
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:56 pm

Over the moon about this, know Istanbul quite well, many friends there, I tell you, I'm determined to see at least one Bond movie filmed, I might take a trip. :cheers:

Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:27 pm

the Seychelles?

I always wanted to go there myself!!
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:49 pm

With the increasing radical Islamization of Turkey, this may be a case of filming while the filming's good. Might not be long before western film crews will not be safe there. That said, surely there are fascinating and more unique places to film in Turkey than Istanbul. Ankara? Ismir?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
With the increasing radical Islamization of Turkey, this may be a case of filming while the filming's good. Might not be long before western film crews will not be safe there. That said, surely there are fascinating and more unique places to film in Turkey than Istanbul. Ankara? Ismir?

There's also the cave houses of Cappadocia.

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Cappadocia

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Cave-hotel-cappadocia

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Dome-cave-church-goerem-cappadocia-4

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Cappadocia-cave-resort-2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Cappadocia2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Cappadocia_79-t

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Cappadocia-20jpg

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted 2994969257_45d43cccce

I believe the production designers on the original PLANET OF THE APES were said to be inspired by these, when designing the ape village for the Hollywood lot.

Another benignly bizarre wonder is the Pamukkale ("cotton castle") salt waterfalls.

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Pamukkale2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Pamukkale-turkey-travel-tours

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Beautiful+place+1

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Pamukkale-big2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Pamukkale_turkey_973537

Looks like a giant wedding cake. You could stage a pretty amazing fight sequence on that, with some stunning helicopter shots (a la.YOLT).
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 10:59 pm

There ya' go. You've just demonstrated more originality and ingenuity than Eon, if they really do take Bond back to Turkey and confine him to Istanbul. I mean, how hard can it be to come up with evocative, captivating locations Bond has yet to visit? There's a whole big world out there and globetrotting Bond has only seen a tiny fraction of it. No need at all to retrace his steps again and again and again.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Must be a way of putting the Bond films in such capable hands. Probably involves assasination of some kind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Sharky wrote:
Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Cappadocia-cave-resort-2

I could so spend an hour in that bath with Daniel Craig.
Back to top Go down
00Twelve
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
00Twelve

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:56 am

Istanbul, take #3. Well, alright. New Bond's not been here, the location wasn't really used for anything interesting in TWINE, there's lots of lovely scenery to take in. Interesting globehopping going on here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.felixleiter.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:22 pm

Istanbul is a very interesting city - will be curious to see just how much it features and what they do with it (JB's not exactly known to linger much...)
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:49 pm

Sharky wrote:
Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:

There's also the cave houses of Cappadocia.

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Cappadocia

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Cave-hotel-cappadocia

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Dome-cave-church-goerem-cappadocia-4

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Cappadocia2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Cappadocia_79-t

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Cappadocia-20jpg

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted 2994969257_45d43cccce

I believe the production designers on the original PLANET OF THE APES were said to be inspired by these, when designing the ape village for the Hollywood lot.

Another benignly bizarre wonder is the Pamukkale ("cotton castle") salt waterfalls.

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Pamukkale-turkey-travel-tours

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Beautiful+place+1

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Pamukkale-big2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Pamukkale_turkey_973537

Looks like a giant wedding cake. You could stage a pretty amazing fight sequence on that, with some stunning helicopter shots (a la.YOLT).

Ya know, I'd still really love to see these locations in SKYFALL.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:56 pm

I think I like the cave houses more than the saltfalls. Although the saltfalls would look good if shot right.

Somehow, though, I doubt SKYFALL will shoot there.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:01 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/film/2012/01/18/james-bond-on-a-budget-skyfall-being-filmed-in-bognor-regis-after-cuts-115875-23705143/

Not really knowing much about the media in England, I don't know what to make of THE DAILY MIRROR. But considering everything I know about BOND 23 I learned from the Internet and the rumors turned out to be true, I'm not going to be so quick to dismiss this article. Something tells me that somewhere in the story there is a kernel of truth:

His car’s an Aston Martin, his martini is shaken not stirred and his suit’s perfectly tailored – but perhaps not for much longer.

James Bond producers have had to slash their budget and are shooting in Bognor Regis after scrapping plans to head for six different exotic countries to make the next 007 film Skyfall.

Instead of distant locations such as India, China and Bali, they are using various UK beaches. Skyfall will also rely heavily on special effects and advanced sets at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire.

A source said: A source said: “To say some of the cast and crew are a bit gutted is an understatement.

“Originally six different countries were selected to film certain scenes but after several technical and financial problems, it was decided to scale back and just use Turkey as the sole foreign location.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/film/2012/01/18/james-bond-on-a-budget-skyfall-being-filmed-in-bognor-regis-after-cuts-115875-23705143/#ixzz1jwc2Vigo
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Not really knowing much about the media in England, I don't know what to make of THE DAILY MIRROR.

The Daily Mirror's one of the vilest rags we've got, and is perniciously anti-Bond. The "James Bland" article after Craig was cast was from them, and they'll do anything to humiliate EON.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Sharky wrote:
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Not really knowing much about the media in England, I don't know what to make of THE DAILY MIRROR.

The Daily Mirror's one of the vilest rags we've got, and is perniciously anti-Bond. The "James Bland" article after Craig was cast was from them, and they'll do anything to humiliate EON.

That should make it the flagship paper for many on BaB.

:)
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Sharky wrote:
they'll do anything to humiliate EON.
Is there a particular reason for their dislike of EON and Bond? I know they don't like Daniel Craig because he doesn't think much of tabloids (which they have interpreted as a challenge to their collective manhood), but what about Bond? Do they just not like EON because so many other tabloids do, or is this some long-standing grudge, like EON black-listing them after they broke an embargo years ago?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Sharky wrote:

The Daily Mirror's one of the vilest rags we've got, and is perniciously anti-Bond.

Oh, so it's edited by Barbara Broccoli then.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:29 am

There are quite a few stories now about the Bognor Regis location. I've written a blog about it on my site - http://www.filmnav.co.uk/2012/01/21/from-bognor-regis-with-love/
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Sorry, willy, but there are four major points in the stories that prove just how rubbish they are:

1) They claim filming was going to take place in Bali - but there were never any plans to shoot there.
2) They claim shooting in Shanghai has been scrapped - but Daniel Craig is believed to be there right now.
3) They claim shooting in India has been scrapped - but we know it was dropped back in September.
4) They claim shooting will instead take place in Bognor Regis - but the local government has said they have received no requests for filming permission.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Sorry, willy, but there are four major points in the stories that prove just how rubbish they are:

1) They claim filming was going to take place in Bali - but there were never any plans to shoot there.
2) They claim shooting in Shanghai has been scrapped - but Daniel Craig is believed to be there right now.
3) They claim shooting in India has been scrapped - but we know it was dropped back in September.
4) They claim shooting will instead take place in Bognor Regis - but the local government has said they have received no requests for filming permission.

Supposedly many of the Shanghai scenes have been doubled in the UK, but no doubt certain cover and establishing shots will need to be done in Shanghai. Maybe Craig is over there for a few days to do these scenes, who knows.

India has been scrapped, dropped, whatever. I don't see what your point is. This is confirming that India has been dropped as a location, regardless of whether it was back in September or not.

I doubt Bognor Regis or EON will want everyone knowing a Bond shoot will be taking place on their beaches if it has to be a private location scene, so I would take whatever the local government says with a pinch of salt.

Either way, I'm not bothered by this story. All I care about is the end film. If we get something as decent as CR, but filmed on a shoestring budget with Withernsea or Skegness doubling up as Barbados, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted Empty

Back to top Go down

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next