More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film

Go down 
+29
j7wild
Hilly
Makeshift Python
lachesis
Vesper
TedHeath
Loomis
Control
trevanian
Louis Armstrong
Seve
The White Tuxedo
Chief of SIS
coco1997
Harmsway
bitchcraft
Gravity's Silhouette
Santa
Satorious
Toppers
MBalje
lalala2004
retrokitty
Salomé
colly
CJB
Largo's Shark
GeneralGogol
Perilagu Khan
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:19 pm

And no, I don't mean Kylie Minogue's bare bottom or Scarlett Johannson getting autoerotic, although those are certainly worthy choices. No, I mean buildings, structures, natural scenery and vistas. I'll start off with this little gem from Singapore. It's the Singapore Flyer, an observation vehicle in, well, Singapore.

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Gallery-Singapore-Flyer-T-005
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Valencia´s City of Arts and Sciences. It looks a bit shabby in person but it could look very cool in a film - plus I could be there for the filming ;)

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Cac_1_10

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Cac_2_10

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Cac_310

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Cac_410
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 3:00 pm

That's very cool, Santa. I've been intrigued by pics of it before.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:42 pm

I'd like to see Bond running up The Leaning Tower of Pisa. Or a scene similar to the one in TSWLM, where Bond has to meet up with M in Mi6's Italian branch, which is secretly working out the one place so obvious no one would bother to look (The Leaning Tower).
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:23 am

Bond needs to get his ass to Dubai's Burj Khalifa...tallest tower in the world.

http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Burj-khalifa-top-02

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Burj+Khalifa+(24)

But no bedding of the hot Djinn until they're safely back in the west.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:55 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Didn't M:I 4 pretty much claim this 'un already?
Back to top Go down
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:58 am

Unfortunately "Mission: Impossible 4" got to the Burj Khalifa before Bond.

EDIT: Harmsway beat me to the punch.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:00 am

Awww fuck, I didn't know :roll:
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:38 pm

If we don't mind another trip to South America and another crater lake, here's Laguna Quilotoa in Ecuador. Perhaps the thirsty Bolivians could get their agua here.

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 2399
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:53 pm

In the spirit of Miss Booty's suggestion, I give you the highest swimming pool in the world, situated on the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore.

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Article-1289194-0A2C9449000005DC-36_964x512

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 1+web+Marina+Bay+Sands+Hotel+Towers

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Marina-Bay-Sands-Hotel

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Luxury-hotel-of-the-Marina-Bay-Sands-in-Singapore1

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Article-1289194-0A2C913D000005DC-353_964x478
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Very cool, Shark. And I'm beginning to sense a Singapore trend here.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Unfortunately someone has already been there and done that...

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 101120029.5_mn
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Singapore looks like a top candidate.

I think I've just found our Garden of Death. It's called the Nine Hells of Beppu. Throw in some of those giant hornets, along with some deadly frogs, spiders, plants and that skull-faced balloon, and we've got a winner.

"Described as an apocalyptic place, by writers in the Edo Period, where gruesome scenes of torture through boiling took place, the area around Beppu has become a popular attraction for tourists, ever since the city was founded, in 1924. With steam coming out through every available crack, Beppu seems like a city that’s cooking over an open flame.

This city of steam, located on the east coast of Kyushu Island, has 9 geothermal hot-spots, known as jigoku (hell). They are, by far, Beppu’s main attractions, drawing-in over 12 million tourists from Japan and beyond, every year. Named because of their resemblance to the Buddhist vision of hell, each of these nine ponds has its own special feature:"

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Umi-jigoku-ocean-hell

Umi Jigoku (Sea Hell)

One of the most beautiful ponds in Beppu, Umi Jigoku features a pool of turquoise water that resembles the sea. Its waters are 120 meters deep and 90 degrees Celsius hot, enough to cook eggs in.

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Enfer1

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 2076289810098743989S425x425Q85

Oniishibozu Jigoku (Shaven Head Hell)

This particular jingoku features pools of boiling gray mud, making bubbles that are said to look like the shaved heads of Buddhist monks.

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 3082364233_134299fc6d

Shiraike Jigoku (White Pond Hell)

Surrounded by lush vegetation, the White Pond Hell is filled with boiling water, colored white by the excess calcium.

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 1.1302638526.yama-jigoku

Yama Jigoku (Mountain Hell)

A mud volcano spouted out so much mud that it eventually turned into a small steamy mountain, surrounded by small ponds.

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 2661032542_3cc732282a

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 1528221044083336595S425x425Q85

Kamado Jigoku (Cooking Pot Hell)

A collection of boiling hot ponds featuring a bright red demon statue as the cook.

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 2094495070102574938S425x425Q85

Oniyama Jigoku (Devil’s Mountain Hell)

Home to about 100 hellish crocodiles, the Devil’s Mountain Hell features steam so strong, it can pull one and a half train-cars.

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 44623664_e0b61c9fa9_o

Kinryu Jigoku (Golden Dragon Hell)

A dragon statue with steam coming through its mouth that seems to be flying when water spouts out at sunrise. This jigoku heats the entire nearby greenhouse.

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 44623016_58fa7dc9fc_o

Chinoike Jigoku (Blood Pond Hell)

The most popular of all nine ‘hells’, the Blood Pond is also the most photogenic. The large quantity of ferrous minerals on the bottom of the pond gives it a bright reddish color.

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 1507919889077820609S425x425Q85

Tatsumaki Jigoku (Spout Hell)

The Spout Hell is actually a boiling geyser blowing hot water 20 meters into the air, every 30 minutes.

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 4702_10

Pudding, made by hot spring steam, are sold at some hells. Contains high sulfur content."
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 pm

Amazing. That seems the very image of Fleming's Garden of Death, sans the castle, of course.

I'm beginning to pine for a Far Eastern Bond adventure featuring Singapore and Beppu for B24.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:29 am

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Ciutat+de+les+Arts+i+les+Ciències&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=647

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciutat_de_les_Arts_i_les_Ciències
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Santa already posted that Tux, but I'd agree, it'd be a great setting.

I think I posted that before on old MI6, showing the works of the architect - Santiago Calatrava.

Here's a good interview with him:

Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:38 am

Sharky wrote:
Singapore looks like a top candidate.

I think I've just found our Garden of Death. It's called the Nine Hells of Beppu. Throw in some of those giant hornets, along with some deadly frogs, spiders, plants and that skull-faced balloon, and we've got a winner.
Nice.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:00 pm

OK, with that swimming pool and the garden of death, Singapore is my #1 preference now.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Garden of death's Southern Japan, General.

Though I agree. Singapore would be great for the first or second act, while Beppu could be the third.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:53 am

A project I've had on the backburner is a serious attempt at adapting COLONEL SUN as an alternate 1992 Dalton film centered in Japan, and I've looked at Okinawa as a major location. Hiroshima as well. Another possibility in Japan is Hokkaido.

I think Red Square would be cool to see. I'd like to see Bond in Moscow. I like Moscow and Buenos Aires would make a neat combo, though I dunno how Argentina would fare considering history.

I like the idea of Argentina. Of course, we just went to South America.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Argentina would seem to be an obvious choice--it's large both geographically and population-wise--but I don't know whether it has many picturesque sites. You just don't hear of people going anywhere in Argentina for vacations and sightseeing.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:11 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Argentina would seem to be an obvious choice--it's large both geographically and population-wise--but I don't know whether it has many picturesque sites. You just don't hear of people going anywhere in Argentina for vacations and sightseeing.

Which is a big reason why it could make for a great Bond location. Maybe not a lot of North American tourists go down there, but Buenos Aires is a fairly important and well-known city. They also have quite the femme fatale as president.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:36 am

Dallol, Ethiopia:

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Dallol-minerals-974674-sw

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Dallol_04_compact

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Ja_286

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 V4_hp3

Quote :
Drive about five hours out of Ethiopia's population center until the ground gets too rugged to proceed, then get out and travel by camel-back into one of the cradles of human civilization in the Danakil Desert. If you survive somehow, you'll find a nightmare of salt flats, active volcanoes, regular ground-shattering earthquakes and a little town called Dallol--affectionately known by the local Afar people as "the Gateway to Hell."

This is the region of the world where human life began, and life has been comparatively smooth sailing for those of us who escaped this hellhole. It's officially the hottest inhabited place on Earth, with an average annual temperature of 94 degrees (Fahrenheit). If that doesn't sound as bad as you imagined, consider that it's just an average, offset by lower temperatures in winter. The summer gets up to 148 degrees (Fahrenheit), which makes 94 sound like a winter wonderland. Bring your mittens!

Lifestyle

In the 1960s, an American company set up a mining community in the Dallol region in order to mine the mineral, potash. It is in the nature of Americans that they hear a place described as an "uninhabitable, volcanic, wasteland" and feel they can just come in and show the locals how it's done. After a couple of years of trying to mine what is basically the lava planet from Revenge of the Sith, the contractors came to the conclusion that potash, an ingredient for goddamn fertilizer, was probably easier to come by in the world.

The local Afar people, on the other hand, have lived and worked here for thousands of years, and through the blistering heat and ridiculously harsh conditions they've adapted to become some of the most badass people on the planet. They make a living hacking at the ground with giant axes all day long in order to backbreakingly liberate tons of one particularly valuable resource... table salt.

Yes, that's where it comes from.

When they're not risking their lives so that you can have a side of fries with your Double Cholestrol Burger, the people of Dallol have to contend with one of the Earth's most volcanic regions, producing lakes of potent acid that run underneath the ground, just waiting for you to step on a weak point and get yourself dissolved. As if that's not bad enough, the region is subject to continuous earthquakes. We're not exaggerating when we say "continuous"--Dallol lies on a fault line, where the ground is constantly moving apart, exposing surface dwellers to the molten core of the planet. Last but not least, the Afar people deal with something they call the "fire wind," a scorching sandstorm that has been likened to being inside a fan-forced oven.

But, hey. Salt, right?

Read more: The 6 Best Towns To Live in (If You Have a Death Wish) | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article/184_the-6-best-towns-to-live-in-if-you-have-death-wish/#ixzz1YdXi96PP

http://www.cracked.com/article/184_the-6-best-towns-to-live-in-if-you-have-death-wish/

Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:42 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Andes-patagonia-argentina
Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Fitz-roy-mountain-argentina
Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Argentina-fitz-roy_7500_600x450
Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Cerro-Torre-Los-Glaciares-National-Park-Patagonia-Argentina

possibly more Lord Of The Rings than James Bond?

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Beautiful_Country_Argentina_Salta_Iguazu

surely you've heard of Iguasu?
that island in the middle would make an ideal location for a super villain's lair

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 7-817-250424588_c22d82b1a4
Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Argentina-history

something old

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Stock-photo-the-sphere-architecture-of-the-galileo-galilei-planetarium-in-buenos-aires-argentina-20441635
Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Buenos-aires-argentina-architecture

something new

Last edited by Seve on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:54 am

Looks like there's sights aplenty for the odd kitchen sink drama. Patagonia gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film   Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sights You'd Like to See in a Bond Film
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next