More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?

Go down 
+19
lachesis
groucho070
Prince Kamal Khan
6of1
Harmsway
Napoleon Solo
G section
tiffanywint
Makeshift Python
CJB
Loomis
Louis Armstrong
Gravity's Silhouette
Perilagu Khan
saint mark
MBalje
Santa
GeneralGogol
Lazenby.
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

This Week's Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?
Yes, but only for the next film
Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_lcap15%Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Yes, for the next film and more
Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_lcap54%Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_rcap
 54% [ 22 ]
Yes, but only if the next film is a big improvement
Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_lcap15%Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Yes, but only if they change the style/tone of his films
Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_lcap5%Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
No, I've disliked him all along
Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_lcap7%Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
No, QOS has put me off him
Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_lcap0%Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No, the next film should be his last
Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_lcap4%Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 41

AuthorMessage
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Empty
PostSubject: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:43 am

CR went down well with both the general public and many of the Bond diehards, despite initial complaints and protest groups following the appointment of Craig. But QOS took a fair amount of flak from the fanbase and a few critics, though the public still gave Craig his second massive hit as Bond and got their explosions and quick-cut modern action stuff.

So, is Craig still the right man for the job? Do you want him to stay on for the next film and more? Or are you happy with him but feel the next film should be his last? Or did you never want him as Bond in the first place? Or did you like him initially but now no longer want him?

Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:32 am

I think he's the right man for the job and I got a feeling he understands what the weaknesses of his two films have been. Another 2-3 films are in order, I say.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:54 am

I like him and thought I would want him to stay on for a long time but my attention span is short and I feel my mind starting to wander to other potential Bonds. I don't like to see the actors change too often, though. Makes Bond look like a lost cause. If the next film is anything like QoS I'll be glad to see him go. If the next film is good then I'd like to see at least one more for him. I'm easily persuaded.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:58 am

Yes, for the next film and more

QOS deliever some big inprovements, so long stil this happend and with respect from his side too i wish to see Daniel Craig in Bond 24 & Bond 25.
I believe it is possible Bond 23 can deliever also with more CR elements if some things from CR be inprooft.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:16 am

I think that after Bond23 DC will walk himself, unless they offer him a shedload of money on nr. 24 and I guess he'll want more imput. ANd EON will go along with that depending on the outcome of nr. 23.

It might just be easier for them to find themselves a new 007.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:42 pm

A well-constructed poll.

I voted to bring him back as long as the style of B23 changes. And by that, I mean that B23 needs to be depoliticized and reacquainted with that old Bondian wit. Mutatis mutandis, I'll welcome him back with open arms.

Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Cr-torture05
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:01 pm

I voted for "Yes, For the next film and more" only because, even though he's not my favorite and doesn't come close, it's good for business to have some stability and a recognizable face and the appearance of success. I don't want to see the value of the brand degraded by him being let go, or leaving, after a bad film (as was the case with AVTAK and LTK). I think it helps long term prospects when the current Bond and the current films are successful and manage to keep viewer interest high.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Where's the disembowelment option?
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:33 pm

I voted "Yes, for the next film and more".

Realistically, I think he'll make two more. Ideally, I'd want him to make three more. (But if I was running the show, he'd have the role as long as he wants it.)

Why? Because

a.) He's awesome
and
b.) I dread to think who might replace him. I do have problems with CR and QoS, but Craig's not one of them. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, and all that.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:36 pm

I've always loved Craig as Bond (even though I don't much like QUANTUM OF SOLACE as a film), and I hope he'll do BOND 23 and BOND 24 - and I reckon that's what will happen.

Assuming BOND 25 comes out in 2019, well, Craig will be 51 and knocking on a bit, so it'll probably be time for a new Bond actor by then.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:06 am

I voted "Yes, but only if his next film is a big improvement." The "change the style/tone" option would also have been acceptable. I can't see him doing more than another one or two films in any case.

Realistically speaking, even if they change the actor, Babs and the current team will still be shoveling the same crap to us.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:04 am

Loomis wrote:
Assuming BOND 25 comes out in 2019, well, Craig will be 51 and knocking on a bit, so it'll probably be time for a new Bond actor by then.
I wouldn't mind that, if it would mean the producers scaling the OTT action back to accommodate Craig's age. Hey, whatever it takes.

It is funny to imagine Craig's Bond as an old man, though.

Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Qos_0710
"What the hell happened, Bond? Only ten years ago, you were a hotheaded rookie. When you can't do parkour anymore, it's time to go."

Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Qos_0711
"But James.. considering you've aged so rapidly, how about keeping me company in my retirement? Is your instrument still as blunt as I remember?"
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:52 am

I think it was Tom Mankiewicz that told EON to not just keep Craig as long as they can but rather lock him up and throw away the key.

Other than that, improve the flicks and keep them consistently good. I'd like to see Craig in a minimum of four flicks, the maximum being five.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:27 am

"No, the next film should be his last", but only because its simply not good form to dump him now. Wait till the film has finished its theatre run and then start the search for a proper Bond.

I can offer this sample casting-call. Happy to help.
===
Looking for a new James Bond. Male caucasion.

Age 28-32. No exceptions. We want you to be able to grow in the role and if need be, gracefully retire in mid-forties. Although if you are as good as Sean, you can have the role as long as you want.

6'-6'3. No exceptions whatsoever.

Preferably a full head of dark hair. If not, no problem. We've had success with toupees (Sean) and hair-dye (Rog) in the past, nothwithstanding our last actor.

Candidates must be happy to play Bond as James Bond (you know the guy from FRWL, GF and TB) In fact, it is quite acceptable not to have read any Fleming, possibly preferable (Dalton). Just be sure to have watched these 3 films. That's more important.

Candidates also, must agree to not formally endorse any political causes or social movements that Sean wouldn't approve. Eg Dressing in drag to beat-the-bra for radical feminist agit-prop is not good. Putting on a frock and frillies, just for fun though is quite fine. We don't mind a little kink in our Bond.

p.s. If you have to ask who this Sean-person is, please don't apply. The Bourne casting-office is only a few blocks over.

====As an aside I would like to congratulate myself for having been promoted to Field Operative with this post number 1000. It will be good to get out of the cramped analyst-quarters and get into the field, do some some fighting, spying, boozing and carousing, all in the name of Queen and country of course. Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? 3012860531
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Craig has a good understanding of Bond, the writers do not. Keep Craig, sack the writers. Job done.

With the backing of a quality script, a decent haircut (stop chopping and changing) and a significant cut in bulkiness (he doesn't need to look like Arnie), he could well go on to be the best Bond of all IMO.
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:39 am

I'm not sure. Part of it depends on whether Bond 24 really does come two years after Bond 23. That may be what MGM wants (that was part of its business plan as presented in bankruptcy court) but I'm not sure Eon is up to that kind of pace. Regardless of actual age, will Craig look craggier if Bond 24 doesn't come until 2015 or later?
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Loomis wrote:
I've always loved Craig as Bond (even though I don't much like QUANTUM OF SOLACE as a film), and I hope he'll do BOND 23 and BOND 24 - and I reckon that's what will happen.

Yep.
Back to top Go down
6of1
Cipher Clerk
6of1

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Love Craig as Bond, hope he feels inclined to stay.

That said I fear further films won't come as fast as fans would like. So I think the next one after 23 will most likely be his last. Ok, it depends how he's going to age and whether plastic surgery can help his looks. But I'd be surprised if he should stick around much longer after 24. Also it will perhaps be time to haul in a new generation to a new Bond.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:27 pm

I voted "Yes, but only if the next film is a big improvement." CR is incredible but QOS squandered a lot of the good will CR generated. More CRs, less QOSs regardless of the actor playing Bond, please.
Back to top Go down
groucho070
Cipher Clerk
groucho070

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:03 am

Yes, if only the next one is a big improvement. Only good thing in QOS is him. If the next one stinks, unfortunately, that'll effect the way I see the character. Then, Dan is out. If it can deliver something as good as CR (which is not all that awesome tome), then Dan can go on in another two.
Back to top Go down
http://grouchydays.blogspot.com
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:57 am

All in all I'd like to see him do one more after this one, hopefully he will be allowed a bit more fun (at least ic...it is a job he chooses after all) for the next two pictures, he can do intense and errr, well it would be nice to give him the oppertunity to do something else. Changing the lead too often isn't good for the seires imo but Connery, Moore and Brosnan all did one too many imo and I think he'd be wise to call it quits after Bond 24.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:49 am

6of1 wrote:

That said I fear further films won't come as fast as fans would like. So I think the next one after 23 will most likely be his last. Ok, it depends how he's going to age and whether plastic surgery can help his looks.

I've always thought he was an incredibly wrong and wrongheaded choice, and even his talent as an actor doesn't offset that,though parts of QoS are okay. My wife is convinced he has had plastic surgery at least twice just since CR, and figures if he plays it another few years, he'll be sanded smooth as a baby's bottom. But that still doesn't address the sallow.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:17 pm

Yes - and more.

Maybe only another two, though. I always think Bond actors hang around too long. It starts getting embarrassing. Having said that, Dalton should have done Goldeneye. He didn't do enough Bond films.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:28 pm

In a sense I hope DC sticks around for a good, long time. Not necessarily because I'm tits-over-teacups about the bloke, mark you, but because I fear who Micolli will cast next.
Back to top Go down
6of1
Cipher Clerk
6of1

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:25 pm

trevanian wrote:
6of1 wrote:

That said I fear further films won't come as fast as fans would like. So I think the next one after 23 will most likely be his last. Ok, it depends how he's going to age and whether plastic surgery can help his looks.

I've always thought he was an incredibly wrong and wrongheaded choice, and even his talent as an actor doesn't offset that,though parts of QoS are okay. My wife is convinced he has had plastic surgery at least twice just since CR, and figures if he plays it another few years, he'll be sanded smooth as a baby's bottom. But that still doesn't address the sallow.

No, I don't think he's already had any surgery, don't want to spread crappy rumours here, tons of that shit already clog up the net. But of course he might get some help in the future, it's almost a necessity since HD and Blue Ray deliver such incredible detail.

Nor am I concerned about a future actor. Whoever they cast, it's not such a great deal to me any more. It's a temporary thing anyway, almost a minor detail in an overall not-too-important piece of popular entertainment. If it's somebody you don't agree with - so what? Chances are ten years onwards it will be somebody else again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?   Previous Debate:  Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond? Empty

Back to top Go down

Previous Debate: Are you in favour of Craig staying on as Bond?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: SPECTRE (2015)-
Jump to: