More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie you Watched?

Go down 
+38
bitchcraft
Richard Hannay
Manhunter
SJK91
MBalje
Blunt Instrument
Louis Armstrong
Vesper
Seve
Hilly
Ravenstone
Klown
Drax
tiffanywint
Satorious
G section
CJB
HJackson
GeneralGogol
Moore
lalala2004
Lazenby.
Mr. Trevelyan
Chigawa
Salomé
bondfan06
Prince Kamal Khan
Fae
trevanian
Tubes
James. C
Control
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Fairbairn-Sykes
FourDot
colly
The White Tuxedo
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:23 pm

MANHATTAN is Allen's best film, by far.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:17 am

Chigawa wrote:
Anyone else even like this movie?...it seems to be a ;love it or hate it' kind of thing. It may be cheesy, but I can honestly say I love it on the audio/visual artistic merits alone.
MOULIN ROUGE is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:30 am

Arkadin wrote:
Chigawa wrote:
Anyone else even like this movie?...it seems to be a ;love it or hate it' kind of thing. It may be cheesy, but I can honestly say I love it on the audio/visual artistic merits alone.

God help us. :x
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:34 am

Sharky wrote:

I agree.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:46 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
Sharky wrote:

I agree.

Put me down for that too, but with Interiors nipping at its heels.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:48 am

I didn't know what to make of INTERIORS. I liked the acting, though.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:52 am

Has anyone watched "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger"?

I hope it was better than that piece of shit "Match Point".
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:53 am

I wanna see PLAY IT AGAIN, SAM.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:03 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
Has anyone watched "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger"?

I hope it was better than that piece of shit "Match Point".

No, but I think Match Point is a few notches above piece of shitdom. It's an interesting variation on An American Tragedy, and would makes for a neat companion piece with A Place in the Sun.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona was horrid though. The only Allen film I've seen that I hated. I even preferred Whatever Works, purely by virtue of the fact that it's a Larry David vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:15 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Great to see you, Chigwa!

I finally made it through...

Annie Hall (1977; dir. Woody Allen)

It only took me three times, but I watched the whole thing.

laugh It only goes on for about 90 minutes!

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Okay, I admire Woody Allen. I really like the film HANNAH AND HER SISTERS. But I created this mathematical formula that says that the more Woody Allen is in one of his films, the less I like that film.

I can understand that. He works better in small doses for me, just as a side character in a huge ensemble. He can grate a bit after a while otherwise, with the odd exception. Hannah And Her Sisters, perfect example of Allen used in the correct dosage and a damn good film.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:36 am

Lazenby. wrote:
Hannah And Her Sisters, perfect example of Allen used in the correct dosage and a damn good film.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:13 am

Red Riding Hood.

So much regret. Probably the worst movie of the year, and it's only March. I didn't think it would be good, but it was so much worse.....

Anyone have an antidote?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:58 am

lalala2004 wrote:
Anyone have an antidote?

Try Neil Jordan's Company of Wolves.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:52 am

Sharky wrote:
STARDUST MEMORIES is also pretty great.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 12:32 pm

FourDot wrote:
Vicky Cristina Barcelona was horrid though.

Yep. I was laughing through it, it was that terrible.
Back to top Go down
Chigawa
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Chigawa

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Arkadin wrote:
Chigawa wrote:
Glad I'm not the only one here who thinks so :) I'm not a fan of Baz Luhrmann by any means but this movie blew me away. On a similar note...has anyone seen the classic version directed by John Huston? It's on Youtube in full length and I've been wondering if it's worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Chigawa
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:39 pm

The Huston film is a totally different story - it's a biopic of Henri-Tolouse Lautrec.

It's not perfect, but certainly worth watching. Most certainly for Ferrer's performance, which is heartbreaking.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Arkadin wrote:
Chigawa wrote:
For sometime I've been confused by this man Harms. He seems to have a reasonable knowledge of film yet his judgement is appalling. If no one has any objection I would like to admit him to my clinic for a series of tests and experiments.
Back to top Go down
Chigawa
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Chigawa

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:49 pm

FourDot wrote:
The Huston film is a totally different story - it's a biopic of Henri-Tolouse Lautrec.

It's not perfect, but certainly worth watching. Most certainly for Ferrer's performance, which is heartbreaking.
I figured as much, thanks for the input FourDot. :)
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:12 pm

ambler wrote:
Arkadin wrote:
Chigawa wrote:
For sometime I've been confused by this man Harms. He seems to have a reasonable knowledge of film yet his judgement is appalling. If no one has any objection I would like to admit him to my clinic for a series of tests and experiments.

Subject him to Von Trier ad infinitum, sans DOGVILLE.

That'll do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:30 pm

ambler wrote:
Comparing the two of us, you're far more of the "odd man out" than I am in terms of critical consensus. Not that majority means rightness, mind you, but it does determine what constitutes normality.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Arkadin wrote:
[ MOULIN ROUGE is wonderful.

Arkadin wrote:
ambler wrote:

Comparing the two of us, you're far more of the "odd man out" than I am in terms of critical consensus. Not that majority means rightness, mind you, but it does determine what constitutes normality.

Elton John, George Michael, Heinrich Himmler, Harmsway, God, Mummy.

That's some consensus.

Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Friends convinced me to watch The Hangover with them.

(I myself was a little tipsy, for I agreed.)

I don't really see what people see in the film. I didn't really think it was that funny. I mean it had some moments, but I hear everyone raving about it, I just don't see it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:08 pm

ambler wrote:
Elton John, George Michael, Heinrich Himmler, Harmsway, God, Mummy.

That's some consensus.
And one fascinating cocktail party.
Back to top Go down
Chigawa
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Chigawa

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Don't forget Chigawa...

Actually I've always got the impression Moulin Rouge was pretty well received. I've read enough glowing reviews to consider it so, and a 7.7 IMDB rating isn't bad at all (not that it's anything to go by). I don't see where the hate comes from, it's extremely well made on both sides of the camera. The musical numbers (most of them anyway) pack real punch, sung amazingly by the real cast no less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx5H-49dgvo&t=4m32s

Honestly, I think that's quality entertainment. Creative, powerful, tragic, and even operatic. You don't see that anywhere else.

Last edited by Chigawa on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie you Watched?
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next