More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal

Go down 
+10
GeneralGogol
bitchcraft
saint mark
jaguar007
Louis Armstrong
6of1
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal Empty
PostSubject: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Great journalism there at the beginning. That clip with Dench really told us a lot.

Anywho, I like the sound of Eve. Could be a welcome opportunity to lighten things up.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 5:08 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Great journalism there at the beginning. That clip with Dench really told us a lot.

Anywho, I like the sound of Eve. Could be a welcome opportunity to lighten things up.

There's something about Bernice Merlot....something ultra-exotic and ultra-glamorous that I feel like we haven't seen in a while. Not that the past few Bond Girls haven't been attractive, but they've just felt more down to earth and grounded. Merlot seems like a nice change of pace.

Also, Naomi is growing on me.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 5:15 pm

it's Marlohe, not Merlot
Back to top Go down
6of1
Cipher Clerk
6of1

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 5:18 pm

j7wild wrote:
it's Marlohe, not Merlot

I suspect it's intention, not dyslexia.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:

There's something about Bernice Merlot....something ultra-exotic and ultra-glamorous that I feel like we haven't seen in a while. Not that the past few Bond Girls haven't been attractive, but they've just felt more down to earth and grounded. Merlot seems like a nice change of pace.

Also, Naomi is growing on me.
I'm expecting Merlohe's character to be more like a Solange than a Camille. Couldn't say what her fate will be - she could very well be the sacrificial lamb - but I dig it. QOS lacked that truly glamorous Bond girl and it seems like we have one here.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Absolutely. She thinks she's Bond's equal, but she's not. Maybe they'll make light of the 'Bond's equal' archetype. I can't see them writing a legitimate 'equal agent' for Craig, anyways. His Bond is far more strong and driven than any other, so it would never fly. I can see a sort of Fields or early-Vesper relationship happening here, where Bond dismisses Eve and simply toys with her instead of taking her seriously. Could be fun.
Back to top Go down
jaguar007

jaguar007

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 5:59 pm

6of1 wrote:
j7wild wrote:
it's Marlohe, not Merlot

or spellcheck
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 6:29 pm

I have a feeling she's going to be another Rosie Carver!!

Whiny and Annoying and Weak!!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 6:31 pm

j7wild wrote:
I have a feeling she's going to be another Rosie Carver!!

Whiny and Annoying and Weak!!
That actually doesn't seem all that unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 6:47 pm

jaguar007 wrote:
6of1 wrote:
j7wild wrote:
it's Marlohe, not Merlot

or spellcheck

None of the above. It's laziness.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:10 pm

A good merlot is not something to made fun of.

A good Merlohe, most of us have yet to see her at work. ;)
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:13 pm

saint mark wrote:

A good Merlohe should go down smoothly, with a nice aftertaste.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
saint mark wrote:

A good Merlohe should go down smoothly, with a nice aftertaste.

We will see.

She does have something glamorous that has been lacking from the Craig era women (with the exception from Catarina Murino who was kinda :5*: )
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 8:10 pm

I'm kinda liking Naomie more and more these days.... ❤
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:51 pm

:scratch: I wonder why some people fear she'll be a Rosie Carver. She seems classier than Rosie or Halle Berry. Again... I've no idea why I'm comparing her to those two. In any case, I like the idea of Bond having a junior field agent, like Paula in TB. Only Bond should bang her. Hopefully there will be a third Bond girl too - a blonde or a redhead. Craig deserves it.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:55 pm

GeneralGogol wrote:
:scratch: I wonder why some people fear she'll be a Rosie Carver. She seems classier than Rosie or Halle Berry. Again... I've no idea why I'm comparing her to those two. In any case, I like the idea of Bond having a junior field agent, like Paula in TB. Only Bond should bang her. Hopefully there will be a third Bond girl too - a blonde or a redhead. Craig deserves it.

Rosie Carver was a bozo and Jinx simply watched too many Saturday morning cartoons.

I think Naomie will actually have a thinking girl's role.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:01 pm

Well, you can count the Bond girls who actually WERE Bond's equal on one hand (Bouvier... err... someone else...), but to have the actual filmmakers be aware that a character presented as Bond's equal isn't actually his equal is positively revolutionary.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Jack Wade wrote:

laugh
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Berenice is a striking woman, and the name Berenice Marlohe is equally striking. Sounds almost like a name Fleming would have conjured up.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Berenice Marlohe seems very enthusiastic. I'm very excited to see her as a Bond girl. Naomi is growing on me also. As long as she doesn't become Moneypenny. But I don't think she will, given that she wants to be Bond's equal, but really isn't... So i don't think that she will go from 'I'm like a OO agent' to 'Ill settle to be a personal assistant'.

Judi also hints that the plot line is half true... How curious...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal   Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal Empty

Back to top Go down

Eve (Naomi Harris) will NOT be Bond's equal
Page 1 of 1