More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy

Go down 
+37
00Beast
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
lachesis
Louis Armstrong
Santa
saint mark
j7wild
RobDudley
Gravity's Silhouette
dr. strangelove
Klaus Hergesheimer
Loomis
Harmsway
UndiscoveredCountry
Lobelia Overhill
Blunt Instrument
Tubes
Vesper
G section
Largo's Shark
SJK91
trevanian
Hilly
Control
FourDot
Chigawa
Drax
CJB
Salomé
bondfan06
The White Tuxedo
lalala2004
Fairbairn-Sykes
James. C
Makeshift Python
Lazenby.
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:22 am

They're now out of print and with the news of the blu-rays having more altered shit the prices on the 2006 DVDs have skyrocketed.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:31 am

I don't care. The flicks are dead to me. They no longer excite me anyway. It would be nice to see them once a decade or so.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 4:43 am

Ah. I'm glad I picked up mine when I did, then.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:57 pm

The more I see that, the more I kind of buy into it.

Still...Kill...George..Lucas
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Word's around that Lucasfilm Ltd. are recalling the 2006 DVDs. When will this madness end?
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:48 pm

None of this crap really surprises me anymore. :|
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:44 am

Sharky wrote:
Word's around that Lucasfilm Ltd. are recalling the 2006 DVDs. When will this madness end?

Bloody 'ell. Better find me some copies before it's too late. I've checked the websites of a couple of big local retailers and they have nada. :|
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:59 am

If he really is discontinuing the 2006 DVDs, then Lucas knows that once he finally releases the Theatrical Cuts on Blu-Ray, he can charge a king's ransom for them. Wouldn't surprise me if in five years there was a "SUPER SECRET AWESOME ORIGINAL THEATRICAL CUT + 100 HOURS OF SPECIAL FEATURES" release on Blu-Ray that will cost $100 each or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:20 am

The 2006 DVDs were marked "Limited Edition" when they were released five years ago. Seriously, surely any fan of the original trilogy should have snapped those up straight away? As much as I no longer trust Lucas and refuse to throw cash at him, even I wasn't gonna pass up the chance of owning the only DVDs I ever wanted from him; the three original films, because you bet your ass there's a good chance we'll never get them again.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:28 am

I torrented them years ago instead.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:31 am

Don't know how it is in the rest of the world, but in the NorthWest US, there are loads of copies of those 'ltd ed' disks turning up in pawnshops and GoodWillStores (the only reason I have a copy of any SW at all on DVD is because I got the ANH for $2.50 at my GoodWill. Will eventually get EMPIRE as well, but since I only enjoy Kurtz-produced SW flicks, I imagine the buck will stop there.)

Admittedly, I spent a wad getting the THX laserdiscs nearly two decades back of the original trilogy, but got my money's worth out of them for entertainment and work purposes, probably because that was before the major tampering started.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:37 am

Lazenby. wrote:
The 2006 DVDs were marked "Limited Edition" when they were released five years ago. Seriously, surely any fan of the original trilogy should have snapped those up straight away? As much as I no longer trust Lucas and refuse to throw cash at him, even I wasn't gonna pass up the chance of owning the only DVDs I ever wanted from him; the three original films, because you bet your ass there's a good chance we'll never get them again.

A very, very good point, Lazenby. I did exactly that when they were released under the impression Lucas was gonna "Disney Vault" them. Sure it was non-anamorphic, but pressing one button on my Xbox gets them to fill the screen in the proper ratio so what do I care? Yeah, they're just the 1995 LaserDisc transfers, but so are all the torrents out there anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:51 am

Yep, exactly. The DVDs look fine on my TV anyway, no need for Blu-Ray, though I do understand the complaints of others over it. The future of the trilogy on TV for eternity pisses me off though, the fact that all we'll ever have screened are those fucking hatchet jobs. They've become unwatchable.

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 Picard
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:55 am

Actually it's "The line must be drawn HEYAH!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:11 am

I used to be a big Star Wars fan. That stopped a while ago. I like having one version of something. I firmly believe that once something is made, you leave it alone. You don't tamper with it. Lucas cannot help himself. What's next, 'correcting' the Mona Lisa? Most of these alterations are needless, nitpick edits. I mean, R2 hiding behind more rocks. Seriously? I've seen the comparision image, and how did R2 get in there to begin with? And don't get me started on Vader shouting No! before throwing Palpatine. Vader moving his head side to side, silently weighing up his action is by far superior. Part of the point is that Palpatine doesn't see it coming, and is caught off guard. Oh well. If Lucas listened to the fans and released the originals in HD, I wouldn't be so annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:25 am

sharpshooter wrote:
I mean, R2 hiding behind more rocks. Seriously? I've seen the comparision image, and how did R2 get in there to begin with?

I'll bet George didn't think on to remember such things and like an idiot just put the f*cking rocks there but, IIRC, didn't R2-D2 actually fly in ROTS? God f*cking help us when Lucas remembers that scene, because we'll then no doubt have rocket-powered R2 shots stuck all over our beloved trilogy next time around. :roll:
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:27 am

Maybe next time R2 can be hiding behind the rock that Kirk drops on the Gorn in ARENA.

Or Chewbacca can shoot Greedo first, just to show brain-dead audiences that he looks out for his friend Han.

I think maybe the next version should be GL doing a high budget version of my old one minute SW parody FOOD WARS, where I had tortilla chips for imperial cruisers, a Ritz cracker as the Millennium Falcon, and a toothpick-impaled olive suspended between bacon thins as the TIE fighter. I used a cheese ball for the death star, but to 'improve' on this idea, GL can do ALL-NEW ALL-DIGITAL versions of these foods, making them palatable for a new generation of 'consumers.'
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:29 am

Lazenby. wrote:
sharpshooter wrote:
I mean, R2 hiding behind more rocks. Seriously? I've seen the comparision image, and how did R2 get in there to begin with?

I'll bet George didn't think on to remember such things and like an idiot just put the f*cking rocks there but, IIRC, didn't R2-D2 actually fly in ROTS? God f*cking help us when Lucas remembers that scene, because we'll then no doubt have rocket-powered R2 shots stuck all over our beloved trilogy next time around. :roll:

That's got some SERIOUS potential for high-flying comedy. Instead of just falling over when the jawas shoot him, R2 can lift off and do a nice arc through the air before crashing. Critics can then point out how this successfully anticipates R2's flying in EMPIRE when vomited out by whatever it was that got him down in that swamp.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:51 am

New change to EMPIRE STRIKES BACK dialogue:

"That boy is our last hope."
"No, there is another."
"What, you mean Leia? The girl you told him to let die if he honored what she stood for?"
"...dammit."
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:47 am

Lazenby. wrote:

How did I miss those?

I'm going to blame my personal life... 2006 was a year of insanity for me...
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:32 am

Anyone had any luck finding deleted scenes online? Nothing on YouTube or Dailymotion as of yet, beyond the couple officially ok'd by that tinkering douchebag.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:33 am

Ya know, I'm planning to Netlfix the Blu-rays when they come out. I'm too curious not to see what the hell he did to them now.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:41 am

Same here. Primarily for the deleted scenes, but I'll get a good laugh out of the changes that have yet to be published online.

Still, as far as absurd changes go nothing will top the awkward looking Hayden Christensen in ROTJ. The fact that Lucas shot him on the set of ROTS and didn't even tell the actor what he was actually going to be doing is so blatant in the footage. Did Lucas really think that as a perfect take of Hayden playing Ghost Anakin? Either he's senile or he's really just extending his middle finger again to the original trilogy. He admits only 25% meets his "original vision", way show respect for all the people that worked hard on the rest of the 75%.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:47 am

I just hope any planned boycotts of those f*cking travesties actually did take place yesterday. Wish he'd released the set on the same day the riots and looting started.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
Page 8 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next