More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL

Go down 
+34
Triviachamp
right idea, wrong pussy
Loomis
Fairbairn-Sykes
Blunt Instrument
GeneralGogol
Harmsway
jet set willy
lachesis
MBalje
Napoleon Solo
dr. strangelove
clublos
Santa
CJB
saint mark
j7wild
Jack Wade
Control
The White Tuxedo
Prisoner Monkeys
Lazenby.
FourDot
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Louis Armstrong
FG Wells
Satorious
Hilly
Stamper
Perilagu Khan
Makeshift Python
tiffanywint
bondfan06
Largo's Shark
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL Empty
PostSubject: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Quote :
Exclusive: Thomas Newman to compose 'Skyfall' score
Skyfall (Bond 23) - 04-01-12

MI6 understands that American composer Thomas Newman will be scoring the new James Bond film, "Skyfall", due out later this year. It will be his first 007 adventure.

Newman has been a long time collaborator with "Skyfall" helmer Sam Mendes, having scored four of the directors other films: "American Beauty" (1999), "Road to Perdition" (2002) [which also starred Daniel Craig], "Jarhead" (2005) and "Revolutionary Road" (2008).

Born in Los Anegles on 20th October 1955, Newman has scored over fifty feature films in a career which spans nearly three decades. He has received a total of ten Academy Award nominations, although as of 2011, he has yet to win the award. He has won a BAFTA, two Grammys and an Emmy, and has been nominated for a Golden Globe. Newman was also honored with the Richard Kirk award at the 2000 BMI Film and TV Awards.

His latest work includes films "The Adjustment Bureau", "The Help" and "The Iron Lady".

Regular series composer David Arnold, who has scored five James Bond entries from "Tomorrow Never Dies" (1997) through to "Quantum of Solace" (2008) will be busy in 2012 as he is the London Olympics musical director. Arnold took over the mantle of resident composer from John Barry and took the essential elements of Bond and updated them for the 90s by incorporating driving rock rhythms and the use of modern technology in the production.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=9922&t=mi6&s=news

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Thomas Newman to score Skyfall (2012)   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:22 pm

I guess this is good news although they could have done better than Newman.

Last edited by bondfan06 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Merged.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:37 pm

The change of pace will be fun at least!

As for Newman, I did see The Adjustment Bureau, but I can't remember the music one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:42 pm

I really liked his work on ROAD TO PERDITION. Not familiar with anything else beyond that to be honest, I should definitely look into them.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:05 pm

The Arnoldophobes have gotten their wish. We shall see if Newman is an improvement. Certainly one more thing to be curious about with SF.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:07 pm

Also, will Newman collaborate with a singer on a title song?
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Here's some Thomas Newman cues to give an idea:

Back to top Go down
Stamper
'R'
'R'
Stamper

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Yeeeeeeessssss !!!!! Die Arnold Dieeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:48 pm

I say. Maybe we should have an Olympics every time a Bond film happens.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:50 pm

I like those clips Shark! Newman has done some impressive work.

I'm down with this development!!!

Anyone, just listen to The Good German clip that Shark posted. The first 20 seconds should be enough to convince that SF is in good hands.

The Salt On Sea clip is pretty Bond funky as well.
Back to top Go down
Satorious
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Satorious

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Glad to see it's being shaken up a bit. Have Good German, class score. Could be argued that his under-rated brother David is an even better fit! But this sounds like very good news right now on paper. Let's hope he brings something fresh which people (and EON) respond too.
Back to top Go down
FG Wells
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
FG Wells

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:37 pm

So what does this mean for #ShirleyBassey4Bond23?
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:23 pm

I just got a huge FUCK YEAH feeling in my stomach reading that... not unwarranted either!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:10 pm

😢
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:13 pm

weep not FM, he'll be back
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:21 pm

I don't even really like Newman, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPEpJyFstgo#t=05m54s
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:18 am

FourDot wrote:
I don't even really like Newman, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPEpJyFstgo#t=05m54s

laugh :twisted: :king:

Louis Armstrong wrote:
I just got a huge FUCK YEAH feeling in my stomach reading that

If it wasn't 1am here, I'd be running up and down the road bollock naked with my socks still on shouting "FUCK YEAH!!!!!" repeatedly. I've been mourning a really sh*te birthday I had the other day, but this is one of the very best presents I could have possibly hoped for; The best Bond news I've had since the (tragically to become untrue) news that Dalton would be back for Bond 17 back in 92. I maintain my claim that anyone other than Arnold scoring a Bond film will give the atmosphere a much-needed breath of fresh air, and I'm confident that SkyFall will have this (if little else fresh) to offer. Sure, Babs, P&W and Dench still need taking out, but at least we may well get a listenable soundtrack album for the first time in a decade out of all this. And, with music being such a pivotal part of these films for me and my enjoyment thereof in years gone by, this is massive news.

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:35 am

Wait, weren't we ragging on MI6 as recently as yesterday? Why are they suddenly a credible source?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:45 am

This music should be played when he walks into the recording studio to replace Arnold, still sitting at his computer trying to write music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_jbhAO_Nr4#t=1m20s
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Wait, weren't we ragging on MI6 as recently as yesterday? Why are they suddenly a credible source?

Would they stoop so low just to pull a prank at the expense of a few members over here who'd rather hear their own death screams than another Arnold Bond score?

Shit, they might actually.... :*d*:
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:03 am

Hilly wrote:
weep not FM, he'll be back

But for the 50th anniversary Bond film, there was more poignancy with him scoring it... For me, anyway... :(
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:16 am

Lazenby. wrote:
Would they stoop so low just to pull a prank at the expense of a few members over here who'd rather hear their own death screams than another Arnold Bond score?
I doubt they'd deliberately do it, but they could be mislead.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:46 am

I'm quite surprised and excited to hear what Newman comes up with.

I don't think he's a bad composer. And hell, it could be worse--they could have hired James Horner.

laugh ;)
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:20 am

Love what I've heard from Newman, though the caveat is that none of it has sounded "Bondian," so I have really no idea how to gauge what his score will sound like. Can't say I'm upset with the decision, however.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL   Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL Empty

Back to top Go down

Thomas Newman will score SKYFALL
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next