More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Last television show you watched - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 10:54 am

No. I do own the animated version of Batman : Year One, a lot of which also went into Batman Begins.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 6:39 pm

If you like the more traditional Batman and Superman as it sounds like you do I think you would really like that series if you don't mind animated it really is the best. I am pretty sure it's all online free too :)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 11:08 am

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 1:45 pm

The Witcher

It's not bad. It's also not Game of Thrones, if that is what some people were hoping for.

I do think it assumes at least some prior knowledge from its audience, because I couldn't make sense of some of what was going on.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 5:05 pm

Barely been watching any tv series recently but The Walking Dead returns this Friday. I'm also excited about Warrior Season 2 which is coming soon.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Has anyone been watching the current season of Doctor Who?

The last thing I watched was the New Year Dalek episode a year ago...

I've seen reviews which slam most of the current episodes....and honestly, without Daleks, Cybermen or Weeping Angels, I'm not sure if I've missed anything good (but can easily catch up on)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 11:42 am

I have.

It's admittedly been a mixed bag ... there's been some 'lecturing' on climate change, plastic pollution and mental health awareness which has grated somewhat. But then, there's also been the excellent two-part series opener 'Spyfall' (see what they did there?), fun historical romp 'Nikola Tesla's Night Of Terror', 'Fugitive Of The Judoon' (which saw both major curveballs thrown at the Doctor regarding the past and the return of an old friend) and 'The Haunting Of Villa Diodati', a terrific 'haunted house' mystery.

Oh, and on returning foes ... well, one episode title there will have given one away, there's been another (which I won't spoil) and the title of the first of the two-part finale is 'Ascension Of The Cybermen'.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 10:57 pm

Good to hear about the cybermen...will definitely get those episodes.

I guess I can give Spyfall a watch... blink
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 7:21 am

I LOVED the return of the classic 70s looking cybermen...but the final episode which featured Doctor Who's origin was mucked up...and has caused a big stink.

Also not too keen on this new Master but maybe because I liked Missy so much.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Well lads, when lockdown started I saw it as a chance to nail some of my DVD boxset collections. Yes DVD boxsets, I don't have Netflix. I do but I have to pay...fuck it.

Anyway.

Wiped out my Cheers set, Starsky & Hutch, Boston Legal and now onto That 70s Show.

Harmless fun. It might lack the charm of Cheers (to me, a top 5 all time sitcom) but it has *its own charm*. At least early on. The heyday was the first two seasons. The whole spine of this series is the Donna/Eric relationship. They've known each other they're whole life and are destined to stay together. Everyone acts in their orbit. Except as with most successful or long lasting shows, the cracks appear. Season 3 is good, Season 4 not too bad and then by Season 6 it feels worn. What doesn't help is that our cast has grown up. Already early twenties in 1998 (except Kunis who I believe was 14), they look somehow much older like ten times so. There are additions to the supporting cast I'm not mad on, then Donna's blonde, people leave (Kutcher and Grace), we get whats his face, Randy for Season 8...

The shame almost, is there being no follow up. That 90s Movie...Eric and Donna are married with kids, Hyde is president, Kelso is...Kelso, Jackie is a famous TV cook, Fez is married to her...

But it has Tanya Roberts and I lose track, not that it's a bad thing, how often you, er, see her nipples (Brosnan style swallow of water).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 1:59 am

Juts saw they added Person of Interest to Netflix, haven't watched it since it originally aired, but always enjoyed the show. Working my way through Season 1 again. Still good fun (at least so far!)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 11:09 am

Have FINALLY got around to my Firefly boxset.

Cool 'Western in space' vibe, attractive cast, good action and it's funny too ... why it wasn't a six-season hit, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 1:35 pm

Warrior

Done with season two. Love this show.

Unfortunately it seems as if this might also be its swan song, since HBO does not appear to be keen on another season.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 9:40 pm

The Red Shoes ballet by Matthew Bourne

I'm not really into ballet, all right I'm not but it was transfixing in places much like the film was and the use of Bernard Herrmann's music was both intriguing and worthwhile. As I say I don't do ballet and after fifteen minutes of no dialogue, I twigged it was going to be one of those shows. That's the part of the West End I leave well alone.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 1:18 pm

Mank

Not bad. It's grown-up cinema and certainly one of the more interesting movies I've seen this year. It might be hampered somewhat by the inevitable comparisons to Welles' work. Whilst a fine little film, it's no Citizen Kane.
I did love this performance by Oldman a lot more than the one he got his Oscar for, but very few actors get awards for their very best work.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 11:53 pm

Given the renewed interest in Welles, it's easy to see why this came up on my recommended videos on YouTube:

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:28 am

laugh

Brilliant example of why scenes involving alcohol consumption nowadays use non-alcoholic alternatives.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:41 am

That "Muahahaha' at Take 3 always gets me. laugh

Mr Welles was just living by the principle that you shouldn't sell products you wouldn't use yourself.

Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:44 am

PENNYWORTH.
Just got through series 1 of 2, this is the story of Alfred pennyworth in his yoof as a doorman/security guy fighting crime (whilst at the same time committing it) and trying to amass enough cash to get himself out of England which has become a war zone amidst a government takeover by revolutionaries.
Pennyworth of course would later become butler to Batman but the programme itself has naff all to do with the caped crusader, the show starts strongly but takes a dip in the middle but i will stick with it more out of curiousity than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 5:31 pm

Thanks to my5 been watching through Hunter.

A classic Stephen J. Cannell show, I mean this pretty much makes TJ Hooker Shakespearean sometimes. But it's enjoyable nonsense, big guns, cars that explode easily, dodgy acting by beautiful women, sun, sea, and all the rest. I am wondering if Dryer reads cue cards off screen sometimes judging by his wandering gaze sometimes but he and Kramer made a dynamite team.

The show though was lucky to be in the 80s when shows still had a lengthy intro (shows today seem to be over in a second) and a bitchin' tune to go with it. With Hunter the theme changed each season, so make that 7 tunes.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 8:11 pm

Recently got season 1 of Star Trek TNG, and noticed that in many scenes on the bridge
you can see on the floor ( like small coins ) the Actors marks, where to stand etc wink
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 2:19 am

Especially on the new Blu-ray restoration of TNG!
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 11:04 am

In old-school Doctor Who, you can sometimes see camera track-marks on the floor of the Tardis console room.
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 11:45 am

I'm not criticising the show, as I love it, but watching The Saint, the monochrome  episodes. I've noticed how many times you can see the film unit reflected in the sides of cars or in their hub caps. Although I guess when made they didn't expect to still be watched sixty or more years ahead. On large scree Televisions and in Blu-ray quality. The same goes for stunt people replacing actors in fight sequences, I really notice it in my Star Trek Remastered collection.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 10:16 pm

Apart from Succession, there isn't a great deal I am currently watching that I would consider truly good TV.
Season three has mostly still maintained the quality of the first two seasons, though I would say this is the first time I have started to see some of the seams in the plotting/writing.
But it's still very much the best show on TV for my money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 35 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41  Next