More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

First line of dialogue reported

Go down 
+11
dr. strangelove
Napoleon Solo
trevanian
Control
bitchcraft
Harmsway
lachesis
Chief of SIS
Prisoner Monkeys
right idea, wrong pussy
Largo's Shark
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

First line of dialogue reported  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First line of dialogue reported    First line of dialogue reported  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
lachesis wrote:
It is very much the heart and soul of the film and while I do blame Purvis and Wade for those consistent issues that imo are present in every film from TWINE onwards I am in no way selectively applying blame on an individual film basis
Except that you obviously are.

By no means it is the consistent concerns that I put at their door, on an individual film basis other concerns and other benefits are likely assignable elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First line of dialogue reported    First line of dialogue reported  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Except:
lachesis wrote:
But as none of us, to my knowledge, have any solid evidence to be able to apportion blame, or indeed even agree there is an objective measure by which it can be seen there is genuinely any blame to be accounted for, it is quite absurd any of us feel able to confidently predict percentages and selectvely decide some folks get none!
If this holds true for QUANTUM OF SOLACE, then it holds true for all films. And if you cannot assign individual blame, how can you assign the collective?
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: First line of dialogue reported    First line of dialogue reported  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Except:
lachesis wrote:
But as none of us, to my knowledge, have any solid evidence to be able to apportion blame, or indeed even agree there is an objective measure by which it can be seen there is genuinely any blame to be accounted for, it is quite absurd any of us feel able to confidently predict percentages and selectvely decide some folks get none!
If this holds true for QUANTUM OF SOLACE, then it holds true for all films. And if you cannot assign individual blame, how can you assign the collective?

It is just an opinion not truth I comment so I'm not assiging number to it, and I am happy to blame all having no evidence to let anyone off the hook....P&W just get singled out for their consistsent presence in the face of what I see as consistent intrusive issues given that MGW and BB are invulnerable. tbh I have few individual issues with QoS but after DAD I'd have been happy to see everybody change from top to bottom but the script and story guys in particular were at fault that time through and yet here they still are!
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: First line of dialogue reported    First line of dialogue reported  - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:34 pm

It's just a routine Bond/villain exchange, much like Stromberg's "Yours too Mr Bond" in The Spy Who Loved Me. Yes, it may be uninspired, but it's only a very small moment of a two hour film, so I'd guess there'll be far better and far worse moments of dialogue to come. I do agree it's a bit lazy and Brosnan-like though, which is understandable given the writers but still a bit disappointing. I'd hope that Mendes and Craig won't use too much stock action movie dialogue like this.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: First line of dialogue reported    First line of dialogue reported  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
dr. strangelove wrote:
Quote :

Bond: "I've got bad news for you, Silva."
Silva: "Me too."

I see our guys P&W and John Logan brought their A-game. :roll:
Are we really complaining about two random lines of dialogue?

I had a feeling people were going to over-react to the first two lines of dialogue and analyze it ad nauseam, so I was more or less just being facetious.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: First line of dialogue reported    First line of dialogue reported  - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:05 pm

If this were truly a Purvis and Wade line of dialogue, it would probably go something like this:

BOND: I've got bad news, Silva.

SILVA: Already got it. That was soooo 20 seconds ago. I'm on Verizon's 4G plan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First line of dialogue reported    First line of dialogue reported  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

First line of dialogue reported
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3