More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

007: Legends - New Bond video game?

Go down 
+20
Toppers
Jack Wade
TedHeath
James Bond
Lazenby.
Walecs
00Beast
Blunt Instrument
Harmsway
Vesper
Gravity's Silhouette
Tubes
Chief of SIS
Prisoner Monkeys
Control
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Louis Armstrong
CJB
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:02 am

Yeah, that helicopter explosion at 0:24 looked like something I'd expect to see on a 2005 PS2 game, not in 2012.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:59 am

Same.

Fucking.

Music.

In.

Every.

Trailer.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:30 am

There's a great James Bond game that can be made, but the problem is that EON keeps hiring developers that don't seem to give a shit about being innovative with the material.

I know I keep bringing that game up, but THAT is how you should make a James Bond game! Emphasis on espionage! The goal is to AVOID gunfire, not start one. But that won't happen, because games like that takes years to develop and companies like ACTIVISION only want to work on a game for under a year, hence another tired shoot em up game.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:43 am

The new Splinter Cell game looks like a pretty good Bond game.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:42 am

I think that James Bond license is wasted in Activision's hands. They should bring them to Rare, it's the most talented (or at least it used to be) videogames company. And they're the guys who basically invented the FPS games.

CJB wrote:
Same.

Fucking.

Music.

In.

Every.

Trailer.

I know, it's really annoying.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:46 am

How about Ubisoft as the future developers of the Bond videogames? They have quite a good looking CV so far, especially in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 pm

DIE ANOTHER DAY? Really?

I suppose that, of all the films, DAD is the most like a video game. And TOMORROW NEVER DIES and THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH might be a little difficult to condense down into video game formats ... but it's still not the greatest choice in the world.

That said, it probably wouldn't be difficult to thread the chosen films together to form a coherent plot:

1) Start with MOONRAKER.

2) While on holiday, Bond encounters Tracy, triggering the start of ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

3) With Tracy dead, Bond goes in a rampage, leading into LICENCE TO KILL.

4) M feels she cannot trust Bond to get the job done, and so send him on an impossible mission to prove his loyalty, which begins DIE ANOTHER DAY.

5) Blofeld hits back, operating through Raoul Silva for an adaptation of SKYFALL.

6) With M out of the picture, it comes down to one final mission and the confrontation between Bond and Blofeld in the Age of Connery story, all of which work equally-well for the plot.

Okay, yes there's that whole "can I trust you or not?" angle post-LTK, but it's one of the plot threads that was never resolved at the end of the film. Bond went off the reservation, compromised an investigation into Sanchez, and basically committed murder because he was never operating on behalf of England. If another film had been made afterwards, this is almost certainly something that would have been explored.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Walecs wrote:
I think that James Bond license is wasted in Activision's hands. They should bring them to Rare, it's the most talented (or at least it used to be) videogames company. And they're the guys who basically invented the FPS games.

No more FPS Bond games, please .They always end up as shoot-em-ups with minimal espionage.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:20 pm

I suspect DAD was chosen because it's the only Brosnan film that never had a video game adaptation. Plus out of TND, TWINE and DAD, the third looks like the most fun video game wise. Heck, DAD probably would have made a better video game than a movie.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:25 pm

I already always saw NIGHTFIRE as a sort of twin brother of DAD.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:37 pm

I hope this game will be way longer than Goldeneye Reloaded. I think every movie should be as long as Goldeneye.
Largo's Shark wrote:
Walecs wrote:

No more FPS Bond games, please .They always end up as shoot-em-ups with minimal espionage.

Rare's Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark had a lot espionage. Especially if you played the 00 Agent / Dark Agent difficulties.

Last edited by Walecs on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Ideally, Bond games should be third person perspective. As good as GOLDENEYE was, I think it kind of ruined Bond games because now everybody thinks Bond should always be FPS, the only game to escape from that and still be successful was EVERYTHING OR NOTHING.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:56 am

Python wrote:
Heck, DAD probably would have made a better video game than a movie.
At times, it was a video game.

I believe LEGENEDS is structuring itself with thirty-six individual missions, groups in six-mission lots per film. With that in mind, Moon's compound, the clinic in Cuba, the Ice Palace and Graves' Antonov would all make for decent levels in a video game. I'd like to think that the developers could also include a level where you have to infiltrate North Korea to get to the Antonov, and the glacier could make for an interesting stage along the lines of the Severnaya level in the original GOLDENEYE 007 with the player having no map or weapons and having to make it back to the Ice Palace within a time limit, alternately avoiding or killing enemy soldiers.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:24 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
I believe LEGENEDS is structuring itself with thirty-six individual missions, groups in six-mission lots per film.

I would like that very much but the impression I get is around three or four levels for each mission. Still, hopefully you are right.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:46 am

Blood Stone is in third person, and I love it.
But 36 missions? That would be awesome, but it will probably have no more than 10 missions like Goldeneye Reloaded.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:18 pm

The style of Craig's Bond fits with the grittier OHMSS and LTK ... it'll be interesting to see him 'in' MR and DAD :suspect: .
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:17 am

James Bond wrote:
I would like that very much but the impression I get is around three or four levels for each mission. Still, hopefully you are right.
'I read it somewhere around the time of the game;s annoucement, but I can't remember where I read it.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 pm

It has been confirmed that the five non-Craig missions will be setted in flashbacks.
This convinced me not to buy the videogame.
Also, I'd like to remember to Activision that Crag's Bond is a reboot, so he can't have lived all those missions. Or did he in the six years gap between QoS and Skyfall?
Still, the flashback thing is lazy, stupid, and awful. And what was Bond's purpose, to remember his worst adventures (with the exception of OHMSS)?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:40 am

Walecs wrote:
It has been confirmed that the five non-Craig missions will be setted in flashbacks.
This convinced me not to buy the videogame.
I suppose it depends on how the flashback feature is used in the game. If the game leaves Bond on a cliffhanger, and the player is forced to play through all the missions recounting the story of how he got to the cliffhanger, it wouldn't be that great. But there are other ways of doing it - a non-linear PULP FICTION-esque story with Bond being tortured by the villain and only remembering things in fragments could work very well.

Walecs wrote:
Still, the flashback thing is lazy, stupid, and awful. And what was Bond's purpose, to remember his worst adventures (with the exception of OHMSS)?
The missions were probably chosen because of the way they could be translated into video games, and also because they had not yet been rendered in video game format. DIE ANOTHER DAY might not have been the best film, but some of the locations would actually work quite well as game levels.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Is it still popular to hate Die Another Day? I need to be educated.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 6:52 pm

TWINE deserves it more.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:29 pm

I hope that this isn't the final cover art!

http://www.ebgames.ca/xbox-360/games/james-bond-007-legends-with-bonus/313205

Bloody hell! I think that even I could do a better job than that! No Lazenby and Dalton films on the front cover surprise surprise :roll:. They shouldn't really use those shots from GF and MR unless they are actually replicated in the game, also, they look to have let GF out of the bag (as if they hadn't already). :roll:
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:58 pm

Aren't they using Craig in each Bond level?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:49 am

James Bond wrote:
I hope that this isn't the final cover art!
That defaintely looks like fan art - the stills are taken directly from the films.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:00 am

List of achievements for the game has been released. It confirms GF as an in-game mission:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/007-legends/achievements/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

007: Legends - New Bond video game?
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next