More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

007: Legends - New Bond video game?

Go down 
+20
Toppers
Jack Wade
TedHeath
James Bond
Lazenby.
Walecs
00Beast
Blunt Instrument
Harmsway
Vesper
Gravity's Silhouette
Tubes
Chief of SIS
Prisoner Monkeys
Control
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Louis Armstrong
CJB
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:50 am

Is there a terribly-compelling reason as to why this couldn't go in the thead about the game?
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:08 am

It turns out that the next two Bond missions are soon set to be revealed: https://www.facebook.com/007LegendsGame

If the IMDb credits are anything to go by then at least one of them should be either GF or LTK.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:01 am

All of the people tend to vote for Thunderball, but I really hope it isn't that. I don't even know how it would turn as a FPS.

Still, I'm very excited about 007 Legends.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:37 pm

James Bond wrote:
I have a hunch that they are going to take the cheap way out with the game beginning briefly with SF with Bond having a near-death experience and these past missions simply being his most notable memories :roll:

I doubt that, Skyfall will be release as Downloable Content after movie's release to avoid spoilers (which sounds stupid to me, especially after all the spoilers they already gave to us).
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:19 am

Walecs wrote:
(which sounds stupid to me, especially after all the spoilers they already gave to us).
You weren't here for QUANTUM OF SOLACE, were you? EON - and by EON, I mean Michael G. Wilson - basically spoiled the entire plot at the press conference that announced the start of filming. Whatever didn't get spoiled then got spoiled at a second press junket on location in Chile.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:42 am

When Quantum of Solace came out I wasn't a Bond fanatic yet.
But I've watched Goldeneye trailer, in which they reveal that 006 is Janus.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:23 am

The '007 Legends' Facebook page has recently announced that the films of which the next missions will be based will NOT feature Blofeld so that narrows down Connery's choices to just DN and GF.

It is beginning to look like it really might be GF after all.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Yeah, it's probably going to be Goldfinger, however let's not forget Dr. No was the first movie, where everything started.
Though I would have liked more missions starring Blofeld.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:52 am

What do you guys think about that Michael Lonsdale and Richard Kiel will do the voices of Drax and Jaws?
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:55 pm

It turns out that the next two missions will be revealed either today or in the early hours of tomorrow morning: https://www.facebook.com/007LegendsGame

Mathis wrote:
What do you guys think about that Michael Lonsdale and Richard Kiel will do the voices of Drax and Jaws?

I am over-the-moon that both Michael Lonsdale and Richard Kiel have agreed to return to don the voices of Hugo Drax and Jaws. However, I do not understand why they would want to shell out to get Richard Kiel to return to voice Jaws as he is largely mute anyway aside from his single line at the end of MR, surely if they HAVE to use that line they could just lift that from the actual film itself or even try and replicate it, still, I am certainly not complaining.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:53 pm

The missions were:

Licence to Kill

Die Another Day

If next mission will be a bad one, I will buy the game at the lowed price instead of day one.

For the moment, a mission out of six is good. The other ones couldn't be worse.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Licence to Kill is alright by me, but why DAD??

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainment/gaming/007-legends-exclusive
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Some intersting choices in LTK and DAD but unfortunately it does only confirm my suspicions that 007 Legends will essentialy just be a load of car chases, shoot outs and explosions with very little else at all.

The drug facility and tanker chase from LTK look to have the potential to be brilliant! Seeing as they did not show any footage of Franz Sanchez or Dario in the trailer for the LTK mission, does that mean that neither of them shall be returning for the videogame? I hope not seeing as every other main villain has returned for it.

DAD seems to have translated quite well into a videogame and also looks interesting because it appears to include three different settings instead of just one or two like the other missions (a portion at the ice palace, the car chase, and the finale on the aeroplane), unfortunately however, Zao's car looked a little bit shit (the original Jaguar looked a lot cooler).

Well it is certainly a mixed bag so far (although I am 99% sure what the next missions to be revealed will be) although it appears as if they are specifically picking the less popular Bond films (with either fans and/or the public) for this game, still, as long as they can make them work well in videogame format I do not really mind. Maybe these are the worst selling Bond films on home media and so EON are using 007 Legends partly as a ploy to raise the popularity of these titles through the game?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:10 pm

James Bond wrote:

I am over-the-moon that both Michael Lonsdale and Richard Kiel have agreed to return to don the voices of Hugo Drax and Jaws. However, I do not understand why they would want to shell out to get Richard Kiel to return to voice Jaws as he is largely mute anyway aside from his single line at the end of MR, surely if they HAVE to use that line they could just lift that from the actual film itself or even try and replicate it, still, I am certainly not complaining.

I wonder if maybe the video-game makers didn't have, or could not get, permission to use Lonsdale and Kiel's image without further compensation. I don't know what kinds of rights either one signed away back in 1978, but I would guess that the rights aren't in perpetuity, are they? Kiel's image has been used before; maybe they expired. Or maybe we're getting more backstory on Jaws than we ever had before, and they need his voice.

Members of the cast of HAPPY DAYS recently settled their lawsuit against CBS(?) for using their likeness on lunch boxes and slot machines without their permission. I'd like to see if anyone knows how long the rights to use the images of the actors belongs to the studio. Certainly at the time many of these actors and actresses could not have had anyway of knowing about the lucrative home video game market that would exist 33 years onward, so there may be some legal issues. It looks like they're using Lois Chile's image for the Moonraker portion as well. And we're getting a glimpse of Gala Brand from behind in Die Another Day, so hopefully Rosamund PIke's voice and image is being used.

As for why they're using OHMSS, LTK, DAD, and MR......some of it could be story related but it could also be that the latter films, the ones post-Connery, simply were more action packed and focused less on story and more on thrills and stunts.

All I know is that watching the trailer for the video game reminds me about the fun I used to have watching these movies; the Craig era seems to have sucked so much of that sense of fun and adventure out of the movies that it seems more of a duty these days to see his films in the theater than any sort of real passion for what he's offering.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Quote :
Maybe these are the worst selling Bond films on home media and so EON are using 007 Legends partly as a ploy to raise the popularity of these titles through the game?

I wouldn't be surprised. They are the 4 underdogs of the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Quote :
Maybe these are the worst selling Bond films on home media and so EON are using 007 Legends partly as a ploy to raise the popularity of these titles through the game?

Huh? OHMSS and LTK may have lower home video sales, but I'm fairly certain DAD and MR are among the top sellers. I mean, they were huge box office hits when they came out.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
Quote :

Huh? OHMSS and LTK may have lower home video sales, but I'm fairly certain DAD and MR are among the top sellers. I mean, they were huge box office hits when they came out.

I wasn't talking strictly on commercial terms - I also meant popularity among fans. From all the Bond film rankings I've seen, DAD and MR tend to land near the bottom (undeservedly IMO).
Back to top Go down
TedHeath
Cipher Clerk
TedHeath

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:33 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
I still think sandbox games are over-rated, and only really work in certain genres, like the GTA games.

What games like Batman: Arkham City and Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction did worked well too, I think.

Also, my opinion on the game isn't a good one. They've basically taken bits and pieces of the films they've chosen and just made everything into a mess of shooting and explosions. The OHMSS level seems beyond repair, from what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:37 am

TedHeath wrote:
Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
I still think sandbox games are over-rated, and only really work in certain genres, like the GTA games.

What games like Batman: Arkham City and Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction did worked well too, I think.

Also, my opinion on the game isn't a good one. They've basically taken bits and pieces of the films they've chosen and just made everything into a mess of shooting and explosions. The OHMSS level seems beyond repair, from what I've seen.

I agree that a sand-box type Bond videogame could definately work very well, however, it would need a lot more variety than the GTA games and other games similar. Perhaps a few different locations around the world of which you can only travel between by boat/plane with a variety of different environments, each with its own purpose to the overall story, maybe even have the game spread between two or more discs in order to squeeze everything in. Still, I know that these are all just fan dreams. Maybe we should all try designing one as a forum, each chipping in with our own ideas.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:34 am

James Bond wrote:
I agree that a sand-box type Bond videogame could definately work very well, however, it would need a lot more variety than the GTA games and other games similar. Perhaps a few different locations around the world of which you can only travel between by boat/plane with a variety of different environments, each with its own purpose to the overall story, maybe even have the game spread between two or more discs in order to squeeze everything in. Still, I know that these are all just fan dreams. Maybe we should all try designing one as a forum, each chipping in with our own ideas.

I like the suggestion to create our own idea of a bond game. We can give it a shot. It looks fun to me.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:35 pm

It's possible the reason DAD has been picked is because it's the only movie of the Brozzer era that didn't have a tie-in videogame at the time.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Why is Blunt's avatar replaced by a Google Earth map of the Barents Sea?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:23 am

Were you looking at the Barents Sea on Google Maps recently?

This sometimes happens with forums - images stored in the cache can wind up in funny places, often as an avatar. Just dor a forced cache refresh (Ctrl + F5) and the problem should go away (i it hasn't done so already).
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:53 pm

This looks like a great development for the game and I am surprised that nobody has mentioned it yet:
http://community.007legends.com/community/bond/legends_007/blog/2012/04/19/experience-james-bonds-most-iconic-and-intense-missions-in-007-legends

I cannot wait to play as Jaws (no metal-toothed Jaws smilie?).
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:55 am

Why are the graphics for the Activision Bond games so bad? Don't they have any better engines?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

007: Legends - New Bond video game?
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next