More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

007: Legends - New Bond video game?

Go down 
+20
Toppers
Jack Wade
TedHeath
James Bond
Lazenby.
Walecs
00Beast
Blunt Instrument
Harmsway
Vesper
Gravity's Silhouette
Tubes
Chief of SIS
Prisoner Monkeys
Control
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Louis Armstrong
CJB
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:37 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/25876/007-Legends-Second-Mission-is-On-Her-Majestys-Secret-Service/
I just found this buried in that article:
Quote :
No specific details were given on the operation, but ingame screenshots, and concept art have shown up on IGN, showing Bond being chased down snowy slopes on a Jet Ski, and firing upon a helicopter with a mounted gattling gun.
What?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:09 am

I guess a jet ski is Activision's small nod to Lazenby's Australian heritage.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
Remember that this will be Dan Craig skiing in the 2010s. Therefore no Lazenby, and by extension I'm guessing no Barry either.

So Craig is subbing for Moore in Moonraker and Lazenby in OHMSS? That the "legends" in the title refers only to parts of previous movies?

Yep. Damn depressing. 🇳🇴

I wish ACTIVISION would just pay up and get all the rights to the likenesses of every Bond in order to really make LEGENDS stand out. RARE lost their opportunity with the multiplayer mode having all Bonds for GOLDENEYE originally planned, it would have been great for this 50th anniversary to go that far.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:21 am

I'm not so sure it would be a good idea. If they tried to accurately remake OHMSS with Lazenby as Bond, then the gameplay mechanics would be so poor that they OHMSS portion would be almost unplayable.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:20 am

Who says it should? This is a video game adaptation so liberties would have to be made in order to make it work for the medium.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:32 am

About time Lazenby had his own game released. The amount of ass he kicked, the kids would lap up the chance to emulate him.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:18 am

You didn't read the article, did you?
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:51 pm

I feel like a bit of a traitor linking to 'Commander Bond' on here (I'm not a member, honest) but anyway, here is the trailer for the OHMSS level(s) of '007 Legends.

Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:41 am

It's okay to steal from CBn, though depending on which member posted it first, sometimes you should acknowledge where it came from. Despite the frequent maulings they get from this forum, they do have a few decent members.

On the other hand, you can freely steal from MI6book without having to mention where you got it from.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:39 am

Great! So it's Daniel Craig.

And it just looks like it's a shoot-em-up game.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:21 am

Do they have to use the same trailer music every fucking time?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:03 am

FieldsMan wrote:
And it just looks like it's a shoot-em-up game.
That's probably because they more or less show three scenes:

1) The ski chase
2) The assault on Piz Gloria
3) Bond chasing Blofeld down (I imagine

If you want the film, these are the three most action-oriented parts, and naturally the three parts that best translate into a game.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:11 am

Why of why are they now raping OHMSS, was FRWL not enough for you :(

I have a hunch that they are just going to use all of the Bond films which have a 'big battle' ending (GF, YOLT, DAF, TSWLM, OP, TLD etc) and to copy them but with less originality and more rocket launchers (and snowmobiles in this adaption). Why not try having some more stealth, decision making, problem solving etc, there is no point in trying to copy 'Call of Duty' because all the COD fans will buy the real thing, only hardcore Bond nuts like you and me will probably buy '007 Legends', even if the odd casual fan does buy it they will only decide that COD is better and sell it on eBay.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 am

James Bond wrote:
Why not try having some more stealth, decision making, problem solving etc, there is no point in trying to copy 'Call of Duty' because all the COD fans will buy the real thing, only hardcore Bond nuts like you and me will probably buy '007 Legends'
Becuse the Call of Duty franchise is popular, and has dumbed down the gameplay mechanics, difficulty and expectations of the first-person shooter genre. Anything more complex is likely to alienate 90% of the people who will play the game.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: 007 Legends: Goldfinger   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Take this with a very large pinch of salt seeing as it has come from IMDb but apparently one of the missions in '007 Legends' will be 'Goldfinger'. I worked this out as one of the credits on the front page states 'Goldfinger's Guard'.

Here is the link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2171704/
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 pm

Wouldn't be surprised, considering how iconic the film is.

I don't care for Craig as Bond in every level, though (not that I'd ever play this game). I guess the costs for using the likeness of the past Bonds were too much for Activision to handle.

Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 10:03 pm

I would not be surprised if it is GF but I would also nmot be surprised if it actually turns out to be DN or YOLT instead. I am just still wondering how in the hell they are going to tie it all together as one story leading into SF. I have a hunch that they are going to take the cheap way out with the game beginning briefly with SF with Bond having a near-death experience and these past missions simply being his most notable memories :roll:
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:05 am

I wouldn't read too much into it - it's the IMdB. They claimed that two of the working titles for QUANTUM OF SOLACE were "Risico Hessi" and "Risico Quessi".
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:48 pm

I wouldn't mind it at all. But I would like to have Dr. No and From Russia with Love too. Yesterday I watched Goldfinger, and I noticed the way Bond kills Oddjob is the same as he hits Jaws in 007 Legend trailer.
James Bond wrote:
I am just still wondering how in the hell they are going to tie it all together as one story leading into SF.

I think there will be a master villain, such as Blofeld in the first Bond movies, who controls the smallest ones.

Now that I think at it, do they have the rights to have Blofeld in the game? Apparently yes (but as Donald Pleasance according to the official trailer).
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Walecs wrote:
I wouldn't mind it at all. But I would like to have Dr. No and From Russia with Love too. Yesterday I watched Goldfinger, and I noticed the way Bond kills Oddjob is the same as he hits Jaws in 007 Legend trailer.

I think there will be a master villain, such as Blofeld in the first Bond movies, who controls the smallest ones.

Now that I think at it, do they have the rights to have Blofeld in the game? Apparently yes (but as Donald Pleasance according to the official trailer).

To be honest, as much as I love FRWL and think that it could make a great game, it was only back in 2005 when it was last raped (sorry adapted) and so I would not like to see another adaption of it until atleast 2020-ish when there willl have been some substantial changes in the manufacturing of video games.

I think that they have the rights to all of the portrayals of Blofeld in the Bond franchise now because I remember them using Charles Gray's adaption in 'GoldenEye Reloaded 007'. They look to be using a hybrid of Donald Pleasance and Telly Savalas for this time around because the former is the most recognisable and the latter is more physical and fits OHMSS.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:13 pm

I thought Kevin McClory (or someone else as McClory's dead) owns both Thunderball and Blofeld. It's the reason Blofeld didn't appear anymore after Diamonds are Forever, excpet for For your eyes only, but without naming him for copyright reasons.

So, this means Thunderball won't be in 007 Legends.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:59 pm

In recent years (post 'Kevin McClory's' death in 2006) I am quite positive that EON have re-gained the rights to SPECTRE and Blofeld.

TB could be in '007 Legends' but I very much doubt it because it is looking like one Bond film from each actor and if this rumour is true then it will be GF from Sean Connery's era, even if it isn't GF I have a hunch that it will most likely be DN or YOLT instead due to various different reasons.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:32 pm

James Bond wrote:
In recent years (post 'Kevin McClory's' death in 2006) I am quite positive that EON have re-gained the rights to SPECTRE and Blofeld.

TB could be in '007 Legends' but I very much doubt it because it is looking like one Bond film from each actor and if this rumour is true then it will be GF from Sean Connery's era, even if it isn't GF I have a hunch that it will most likely be DN or YOLT instead due to various different reasons.

That's fine, because I didn't like either the film and the book (probably because they weren't only Ian Fleming's). Also I didn't like You Only Live Twice movie as well.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:51 am

James Bond wrote:
I am just still wondering how in the hell they are going to tie it all together as one story leading into SF. I have a hunch that they are going to take the cheap way out with the game beginning briefly with SF with Bond having a near-death experience and these past missions simply being his most notable memories :roll:
I wouldn't be too difficult to write each mission into one coherent story.

It would start off with Bond stopping Hugo Drax. While on mandatory leave following the successful completion of the MOONRAKER mission, Bond encounters Tracy di Vincenzo on the beach in Portugal, kicking off the ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE portion of the game. This could easily segue into LICENCE TO KILL, with Bond having learned of a connection between Blofeld and Franz Sanchez through the information provided by Marc-Ange Draco. And the Sanchez connection would make a tidy way to tie into THUNDERBALL (which would tke the form of a stealth 'em up), given the way Blofeld executed No. 9 for skimming from their drug operations (which could easily be rewritten as No. 9 failing to protect SPECTRE from Bond's rampage).
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: 007 Legends: Licence to Kill   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:38 am

Once again, take this with a very large pinch of salt seeing as it has come from IMDb but apparently one of the missions in '007 Legends' will be 'Licence to Kill'. I worked this out as one of the credits on the front page states 'Sanchez Soldier'.

Here is the link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2171704/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 007: Legends - New Bond video game?   007: Legends - New Bond video game? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

007: Legends - New Bond video game?
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next