More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Basic Code Of Conduct?

Go down 
+13
Lazenby.
Vesper
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
Prisoner Monkeys
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Largo's Shark
Hilly
tiffanywint
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
Fort Knox
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:21 pm

A posthumous promotion. laugh
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:22 pm

SM was never a mod, he'd just joined a "mod group" which is part of the forumotion site package, the ability for people to join "groups", either user-made by members or pre-set groups such as admins and mods. Joining such a group comes with zero privileges.

Sharky's been re-modded, BTW. Congrats, and please don't blow it. ;)
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:22 pm

Cheers for that, M. Though weirdly, when I was trying to do some housekeeping here I didn't see any options to split, lock, merge etc. threads.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Looks like you have the badge but not the powers. Looking below on each page of a section you can see the moderator list doesn't include you, but it still has Gravity, Louis, Tiff. Yet on the mod page they're not included but you are. Something needs to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 4:34 pm

My radical plans for BaB will just have to wait.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Yesterday, the title. Today the powers, Lord Shark.

GS has been completely unmodded. As for LA and TW, I'm waiting for them to decide if they still want to be mods here and will commit fully to their roles.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:26 am

Congratulations, oh Shark.

Brave new world.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Shark and Khan have retired their avatars. Anything to be read into that?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:07 pm

Shark on occasion just goes on without an avatar until he picks what he likes. Not sure about Khan.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Ah, I thought it might be related to the Thatcher thread.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 10:56 pm

Whatever PK's reason I'm sure it's a deep one. Gone for almost a week now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Yes, the loss of the US political thread seems to have lost us Khan, Gravy and Timmer. J7 was forcibly removed.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Yes, the loss of the US political thread seems to have lost us Khan, Gravy and Timmer. J7 was forcibly removed.

Sad, quite sad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

Would be a shame if Khan left just because of a political thread. Timmer would obviously, and Gravy pretty much said what he thought on his last post. Politics should not overwhelm, especially in a forum that's supposed to be about Bond flicks.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Politics does seem to cause division in forums witness the Thatcher thread.

Problem here is that those most interested in those debates were our leading posters. With the departure of Khan, Gravy and Timmer we have lost three of our eight most prolific posters. Four of our eight if we include Control/Brown. That's a heavy loss for such a small forum to bear and far more serious than the loss of Silhouetteman over whom we expanded so much energy.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:35 pm

So hang on, are you now saying the politics threads are a good thing?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:37 pm

No, just that the forum is taking a short-term hit for a long-term gain.

It's interesting though to find out that some members came here for the politics above all else.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Khan going AWOL could be a reaction to me locking the politics thread, which was my first act since being reappointed as mod. He probably sees it as censorship and acquiescing to an offended minority. He stands by his "the answer's more speech, not less" dictum.

That might just me being big-headed. Khan could be away due to personal matters.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Yes, for a long time I was persuaded by the free speech argument, but more recently I've felt we're not threatening anyone's right to free speech by abandoning the politics threads here. After all, there's plenty of other places to have those discussions.

As far as I'm concerned it's less to do with censorship and more to do with creating an environment that will help us attract and retain members. Still, I hope Khan reconsiders his departure.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Above all else this place should be fun. Less politics, more sex.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 12:52 am

What are we to make of LA, PK and timmer's silence?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:07 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Politics does seem to cause division in forums witness the Thatcher thread.

Problem here is that those most interested in those debates were our leading posters. With the departure of Khan, Gravy and Timmer we have lost three of our eight most prolific posters. Four of our eight if we include Control/Brown..

"I never left."

QUANTUM OF SOLACE now on Blu-Ray and DVD.

I made a post stating that I was going to be away for a few weeks, but I think it got deleted in that SilhouetteMan mess. laugh

Shame about Khan and Timmer, though.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 2:27 am

Nope, it's in this thread:

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t2423-the-silhouette-man-affair#84688

Whoever split the thread must have accidentally taken yours with it. ;)
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 5:30 am

Don't know why any political threads would be locked. J7 is gone, so any such threads should be unlocked, along with efforts made to bring Khan, Timmer and Gravity back.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 4:43 pm

j7 was the never the reason why the American politics thread was closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Basic Code Of Conduct?
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next