More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Metal Gear

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Metal Gear Empty
PostSubject: Metal Gear   Metal Gear EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:15 am

http://www.chud.com/105463/solid-confirmation-that-metal-gear-will-hit-the-big-screen/

It's been up in the air for a long time (so long because Hideo Kojima has the final say on script, director, ect). Heck the last spike I recall was when Paul Thomas Anderson of all people expressed interest in doing this one when he was promoting THERE WILL BE BLOOD. Now it's Avi Arad who will be rolling the ball.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Metal Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear   Metal Gear EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:24 am

Python wrote:
Now it's Avi Arad who will be rolling the ball.

Who?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Metal Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear   Metal Gear EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:38 am

Producer of your favorite movies:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0032696/

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Metal Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear   Metal Gear EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:51 am

Python wrote:
http://www.chud.com/105463/solid-confirmation-that-metal-gear-will-hit-the-big-screen/

It's been up in the air for a long time (so long because Hideo Kojima has the final say on script, director, ect). Heck the last spike I recall was when Paul Thomas Anderson of all people expressed interest in doing this one when he was promoting THERE WILL BE BLOOD. Now it's Avi Arad who will be rolling the ball.
It doesn't surprise me that the film has been announced now. Kojima announced Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes at the same function.

But the problem with a Metal Gear film is that the story is very complex, very layered, and when it comes to the finer points, it's very clumsy. You practiaclly need a degree in philosophy to understand some of the finer points of the games. Perhaps the easiest way forward would be to adapt Metal Gear Solid and work in elements from Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater. Leave everything else alone, especially Guns of the Patriots.

Whatever happens, they absolutely have to get this right. The franchise is huge, and if the film bombs it could derail the concept of films based on video games (which has already taken enough of a beating) forever.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

Metal Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear   Metal Gear EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:57 am

There's no serious chance of this working out while retaining the very quirky personality of the video games, but nevertheless, I really want this to come together. I love the METAL GEAR games.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Metal Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear   Metal Gear EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:15 am

I think that really depends on what direction they want to go in. A lot of the villains in the series have unique abilities to make the boss battles more of a challenge or more of a puzzle, but that doesn't mean that some of them can't be used. In fact, if they're serious about making a Metal Gear film, then they would have to include villains with extraordinary abilities in order to make it Metal Gear. Otherwise, it will basically be THE ROCK.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

Metal Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear   Metal Gear EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 3:33 pm

I wasn't talking about the villains so much. I was talking about the peculiar sense of humor that runs through the games and balances out its super-serious tone. If they don't include at least one ridiculous, breaking-the-fourth-wall interlude somewhere in the film, it just isn't METAL GEAR.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

Metal Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear   Metal Gear EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:56 pm

"The terrorists are threatening the White House that if their demands are not met, they will launch an nuclear weapon"

"Sounds like the plot of a bad action movie"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metal Gear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear   Metal Gear Empty

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear
Page 1 of 1