More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Obituaries

Go down 
+33
You don’t know me
AMC Hornet
silvertoe
T.A. Ferguson
Strangways&Quarrel
Mr.Wint
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
CJB
Makeshift Python
Toppers
Hilly
Bond Fan 90
Moore
Yellow Pinky
The White Tuxedo
trevanian
Gravity's Silhouette
lachesis
GeneralGogol
Largo's Shark
Aston_Martini
Control
Krilencu
Satorious
Miles Messervy
lalala2004
Perilagu Khan
bondfan06
MBalje
G section
Prince Kamal Khan
danslittlefinger
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

Obituaries - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 3:46 pm

RIP Frank McRae a talented actor
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 11:55 pm

One of the best Bond allies. Good turn in Batteries Not Included as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyFri May 07, 2021 12:09 am

CJB wrote:

McRate had a memorable part in LTK. "What a terrible waste... *Dalton glares*... of money" was a great bit.

Yeah. That childlike naivety contrasts well with Dalton and he sells it!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 6:55 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Tanya has passed away, having suffered from a UTI.

She just never caught a break. Even a mockery is made of her death, with many 'is she/isn't she' or 'ok now she's dead' tweets, which I'm finding rather tasteless. The savage reviews undermined some of her performances, and now the premature reporting of her death has numbed the actual event.  And shame on Eon for such a generic, brief tribute.

RIP Tanya. There was much love for you - at least from me.

A few weeks ago, Tanya Roberts' handwritten last will was published. Quite shocking to read her words: "I have no reason to live... I was always too sensitive to live in this world."

Breaks my heart.

Obituaries - Page 13 Tanya-Roberts-will
Obituaries - Page 13 Tanya-Roberts-4
Obituaries - Page 13 Tanya-Roberts-2

https://pagesix.com/2021/06/17/tanya-roberts-left-entire-estate-to-lance-obrien-will-reveals/
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 18, 2021 9:56 pm

Damn, that is something else. As is always the case, people don't realise at the end that they have people who do care, in some way.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2021 1:40 am

Truly sad to read that.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 9:57 am

As mentioned in this thread and perhaps the Stacey appreciation thread, the viciously enthusiastic attacks from critics and the general public alike are vastly unfounded and I imagine she wasn't immune to them.

I hope she was able to read my post of appreciation - she (or her manager) did like the tweet we sent out directing them to my thread.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2021 9:32 pm

Tanya Roberts struck me as the kind of personality (I won't use the word celebrity here as it's nowadays used on reality stars etc) who even if she didn't reply, definitely saw the comments. Even if you had thickskin seeing comments that critics made would undoubtedly affect a person I think.

I wish I had had the chance to meet her at some convention or whatever. In a quiet way, she was a strong part of my childhood and teen years between Stacey and Midge alone.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 24, 2021 1:46 am

Yeah. She was pivotal in my becoming a Bond fan, with AVTAK being one of the first Bond films I ever watched.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 7:26 am

:( That was a depressing read and too sensitive for this world is something lots of us can relate too. I wasn't aware of the critics or anyone else attacking her but it's difficult to imagine anyone not liking Tanya. I'm a huge fan of AVTAK, very underrated and she plays a huge part in that. I know you can say that about any movie but I really can't see it being half as good without her presence. And it's that...the presence. One doesn't have to be a great actor to possess it. She just has fantastic screen presence, is drop dead gorgeous(those eyes!) and insanely cute at the same time. And that voice...what's not to love?
I really like how she is almost a scream queen in the movie(prob bc I am mainly a horror film fan) sounds like she is the damsel in distress way out of her league yet over and over she tends to be more than quite competent. Doesn't she explain half the plot to Bond? She get's the drop on 007 with the shower trick, fights of the goons and is even there at the end fight. absolutely one of the best Bond girls in all ways
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 9:54 am

Sarai wrote:
:( That was a depressing read and too sensitive for this world is something lots of us can relate too. I wasn't aware of the critics or anyone else attacking her but it's difficult to imagine anyone not liking Tanya. I'm a huge fan of AVTAK, very underrated and she plays a huge part in that. I know you can say that about any movie but I really can't see it being half as good without her presence. And it's that...the presence. One doesn't have to be a great actor to possess it. She just has fantastic screen presence, is drop dead gorgeous(those eyes!) and insanely cute at the same time. And that voice...what's not to love?
I really like how she is almost a scream queen in the movie(prob bc I am mainly a horror film fan) sounds like she is the damsel in distress way out of her league yet over and over she tends to be more than quite competent. Doesn't she explain half the plot to Bond? She get's the drop on 007 with the shower trick, fights of the goons and is even there at the end fight. absolutely one of the best Bond girls in all ways

Absolutely agree with that, Sarai. She's the epitome of Bond Girl, in my eyes. Sexy, smart, courageous, competent and vulnerable. She's a big part of AVTAK working for me, and is by far my favourite Bond girl from Moore's era.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 8:04 pm

The great Leslie Bricusse (GF and YOLT) has passed aged 90

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58970326

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 2:14 am

R.I.P. Robbie Coltrane.

Played one of the better recurring characters of the series. Zukovsky was a real highlight of the Brosnan years.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 12:05 pm

'Why am I suddenly worried I'm not carrying enough insurance?'

R.I.P. indeed.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 4:07 am

I never realized he was that old. Sad loss. Coltrane enhanced everything he ever appeared in. I find myself doing Zukovsky quotes all the time.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 4:08 am

Hilly wrote:
One of the best Bond allies. Good turn in Batteries Not Included as well.

And in CANNERY ROW as well. Not that i've seen it in the last 38 years.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 11:11 am

Chaim Topol of FYEO and Fiddler fame has passed away.

May his memory be a blessing.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 5:49 pm

Colombo--the best ally of 'em all. And the scene depicting the meeting between Bond and Colombo is one of the best in Bond history.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 10:03 pm

An underrated character in an underrated film.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 12:03 pm

R.I.P. Topol ... I must confess to never having seen Fiddler On The Roof (not really a fan of musicals), but agree with the Bond ally sentiments already expressed. And he was a part of what made the big-screen Flash Gordon such fun, too.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyWed May 24, 2023 10:04 pm

Tina Turner is no more for this world. Dead at 83. Quite a singer, and her "Goldeneye" is certainly one of the greatest of Bond title tracks.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyThu May 25, 2023 8:28 am

R.I.P. indeed. She was quite something.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyThu May 25, 2023 2:40 pm

Agreed on all counts. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 EmptyThu May 25, 2023 4:17 pm

I very much enjoyed her contribution to Bond. She was the right choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obituaries
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13