More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Obituaries

Go down 
+33
You don’t know me
AMC Hornet
silvertoe
T.A. Ferguson
Strangways&Quarrel
Mr.Wint
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
CJB
Makeshift Python
Toppers
Hilly
Bond Fan 90
Moore
Yellow Pinky
The White Tuxedo
trevanian
Gravity's Silhouette
lachesis
GeneralGogol
Largo's Shark
Aston_Martini
Control
Krilencu
Satorious
Miles Messervy
lalala2004
Perilagu Khan
bondfan06
MBalje
G section
Prince Kamal Khan
danslittlefinger
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Obituaries - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 9:58 pm

silvertoe wrote:
R I P Peter lamont died 18th dec aged 91, Lamont was truly one of the Bond family, as production designer and set decorator on eighteen Bond films. He also worked on Titanic,aliens and fiddler on the roof

Had I not been so snowed under I would have definitely commented here. We sacrificed him in TND to allow him to take up his position for James Cameron; his work in recreating the Titanic for the film is nothing short of brilliant.

But in the world of Bond my favourite of Lamont's sets would be the Russian meeting room in Octopussy, and the Ice Palace/biodome. Remarkable designs.

A titan in cinema - Bond and beyond as it were. RIP.

Hilly wrote:
it looked like Roberts was just getting going or at least not going anywhere in a hurry.

Indeed. I thought her recent social media output was preparing us for more Tanya... Perhaps a new comedy series was on the horizon and she was reconnecting with fans. Perhaps she was just doing her bit during Covid to bring joy to some of us in lockdown.

65 is just too young nowadays, as you say.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 11:22 pm

You Only Live Twice, Tanya... MP informs us she might still be alive.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/04/tanya-roberts-still-alive-rep-saying-shes-dead-70s-show-bond-girl/?fbclid=IwAR2OeezzsP0MLCGHZst2Yyw9dV6Ozd7bguXOg2EFvEdfxTsBiM0Q8hGfXdo
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 11:38 pm

Well, words fail in some respect though let's see what others bar TMZ say.

And that it's real and not a la Andy Kaufman.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
You don’t know me
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
You don’t know me

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 12:42 am

[quote="Hilly"]Well, words fail in some respect though let's see what others bar TMZ say.
CNN had also reported her death, but just posted a retraction, and now state that she is still alive.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 2:29 am

Aye, a few things coming out in recent hours. Beeb say she's still seriously ill.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 11:43 am

According to a report or two she's still on a ventilator, with some liver issues. Hope she enjoys a swift and easy recovery.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 10:08 pm

Tanya has passed away, having suffered from a UTI.

She just never caught a break. Even a mockery is made of her death, with many 'is she/isn't she' or 'ok now she's dead' tweets, which I'm finding rather tasteless. The savage reviews undermined some of her performances, and now the premature reporting of her death has numbed the actual event. And shame on Eon for such a generic, brief tribute.

RIP Tanya. There was much love for you - at least from me.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 10:29 pm

Oh damn it all. This actually hits hardest. For a moment, she was cheating death and now.

And social media always is that way. Look at when Robin Williams died, the abuse his daughter got.

I just can't fathom it. I'll say it again, too young an age nowadays (she was five years younger than my Dad, a couple of years older than my mum) and now.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 8:25 am

Hilly wrote:
Oh damn it all. This actually hits hardest. For a moment, she was cheating death and now.

I enjoyed the thought of her recovery and laughing at the media coverage of her "death", but hours later, when an update said she was still in a "dire" condition, I felt it was inevitable. Sad news to wake up to this morning.

From Sweden With Love founder Anders Frejdh (Lazenby's manager) has collated some tributes from Alison Doody, Kristina Wayborn, Robert Davi and Barbara Carrera:

https://jamesbond007.se/eng/memoriam/tanya_roberts_stacey_sutton_a_view_to_kill_1955_2021
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 7:02 pm

Nice to see some of the Bond alumni to come out and pay tribute. Sounds odd, but if only Sir Roger were still alive, his tribute would have been quite touching. Have to have a look to see if any of Charlie's Angels or Walken and Grace Jones have said something.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 6:03 am

I believe Jaclyn Smith did pay tribute - I'll have to search for it again. Nothing from Walken, Jones or even John Glen which is a huge shame.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 2:00 pm

Nice. I saw on an interview once with Walken, I think with Larry King, that he said he didn't do much as far as online goes. No twitter or whatever, so it could be he's kept it private.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 9:47 pm

Michael Apted has passed aged 79

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55597263
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 1:42 am

Just saw it and headed over. I was just listening to his commentary after rewatching TWINE again. He seemed like such a tremendously nice and intelligent fellow.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 2:45 am

FFS. His contribution to the series was integral to my becoming a Bond fan also. What he did with TWINE remains a series highlight for me, completing the 90s trilogy as the best decade since the 60s for James Bond cinema. RIP Michael.

Can't find any details about what caused his death. I know we lamented that 65 was too young for Roberts.... but 79 isn't that old these days, either.

Can we please go at least 2 months whereby this thread isn't the most active on the forum?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 11:19 am

Agreed, it's been a bad run of late.

R.I.P to Mr Apted.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 5:45 pm

Apted was born in my town. Regrettably 99% here wouldn't know who he was.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 4:04 am

But many of them may have seen something he's made!

Looks like Eon felt more affection for Michael than Tanya:

MGW and Babs wrote:
“It is with very heavy hearts that we share the news of the passing of Michael Apted. He was a director of enormous talent and range and unique in his ability to move effortlessly and successfully between all genres. He was beloved by all those who worked with him. We loved working with him on The World Is Not Enough and send our love and support to his family, friends and colleagues."

Other tributes:

Garbage wrote:
Rest in peace Michael Apted. You delightful, charming soul. Thank you for sprinkling us with some of your stardust. #theworldisnotenough

https://twitter.com/garbage/status/1347649844618391566?s=20

David Arnold wrote:
I was lucky enough to go to the rodeo with Michael on 4 films , including “Bond”and “Narnia”. A more trusting , funny , friendly and ,most importantly , kind person you’d never meet . So pleased to have known him and so sad that he’s gone

https://twitter.com/DavidGArnold/status/1347652172809461761?s=20

Nothing from Brosnan, Carlyle, Cleese, Cucinotta or Richards. We don't really hear from Marceau sadly, so not expecting anything from her. No tribute from Brosnan is the biggest surprise.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 1:06 am

Damn. It just doesn't end. TWINE is a film that always highly entertaining to me regardless of anything else. It's one of those movies I strongly associate with that period of my life, the lead up to the new millennium etc.

R.I.P. Mr Apted.
Back to top Go down
You don’t know me
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
You don’t know me

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 1:05 pm

I have never heard of him, but I instantly recognized the picture in the article:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55765555

With a series 60 years long, this thread could last for another 60 years.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 1:16 pm

An impressive CV within the Bond series and beyond. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 5:15 pm

What a shame. Some of the most iconic stunts of the series and indeed, in the Italian Job too. RIP
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 3:41 am

Oh damn...what a legend in his field. You could always tell Remy was involved or his team simply by the way the cars themselves actually moved within the sequence. Without question the FYEO Citroen chase is the best car chase in the series from a driving perspective.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 11:21 am

R.I.P. to a true maestro of automotive action.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 10:33 pm

RIP. Julienne had liked a few of the forum tweets over the past few years. His work in the 80s/GoldenEye remains a series highlight for me. The 2CV chase is perhaps my favourite car chase in the series and the visual treat to see the DB5 in one of his beautifully choreographed/filmed sequences makes for one of the best post-credits sequences in any Bond film. These swinging (tracking?) camera shots particularly never fail to get the juices flowing:

Obituaries - Page 11 GEcarchase4

Obituaries - Page 11 Maxresdefault

Obituaries - Page 11 I004318

Obituaries - Page 11 Fyeo3

Obituaries - Page 11 Licencekenworth19uq2.6184

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obituaries
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next