More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Obituaries

Go down 
+33
You don’t know me
AMC Hornet
silvertoe
T.A. Ferguson
Strangways&Quarrel
Mr.Wint
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
CJB
Makeshift Python
Toppers
Hilly
Bond Fan 90
Moore
Yellow Pinky
The White Tuxedo
trevanian
Gravity's Silhouette
lachesis
GeneralGogol
Largo's Shark
Aston_Martini
Control
Krilencu
Satorious
Miles Messervy
lalala2004
Perilagu Khan
bondfan06
MBalje
G section
Prince Kamal Khan
danslittlefinger
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Obituaries - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 12:50 am

Hilly wrote:
well, worst news still. Geoffrey Palmer has passed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54838209

Bond was but one small chink of a great career. I had great affection of his character in As Time Goes By, Lionel, as he had a similar army career to my late grandad and indeed, seemed like him in a way.

Great actor, a grand age and well, yes. Damn

Haven't seen too much of his work, though now remember he was in an episode of Fawlty Towers. Always liked his character in TND.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 3:20 am

Darn...it's going to suck even harder every time this thread gets bumped. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 11:11 am

'Bloody hell! Don't you people keep ANYTHING locked up?'

R.I.P. Mr Palmer.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 11:24 am

"Make Chernobyl look like pic-nic!"

CJB if you ever want to check out Palmer's CV as it were, he was the kind of actor to guest in all our TV programmes back in the day. Film-wise he did the film Mrs Brown with Dame Judi.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptySat Nov 07, 2020 11:49 am

Have just seen something interesting in his obit on the BBC's site ... in 2000, the BFI polled industry professionals on the best TV programmes ever screened.

Palmer was the only actor who'd appeared in all of the top 3 (Fawlty Towers, Cathy Come Home, Doctor Who).
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 12:39 am

Hilly wrote:
"Make Chernobyl look like pic-nic!"

CJB if you ever want to check out Palmer's CV as it were, he was the kind of actor to guest in all our TV programmes back in the day. Film-wise he did the film Mrs Brown with Dame Judi.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 2:53 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Have just seen something interesting in his obit on the BBC's site ... in 2000, the BFI polled industry professionals on the best TV programmes ever screened.

Palmer was the only actor who'd appeared in all of the top 3 (Fawlty Towers, Cathy Come Home, Doctor Who).

I did see that. Quite the record to hold.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 4:16 am

Not quite Bond realm but LeCarre has passed and it just hit me hard.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55297558

I'd only read a few novels of his but always meant to read more. Any interview piece he was ever in I hung on every word. What a great individual and to me THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD is just one of the great works period. I was happy to hear him soften on Fleming finally a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 10:40 am

I must confess I've never read him and found The Spy Who ... just too bleak.

However I did enjoy the big-screen Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Our Kind Of Traitor, plus the BBC adaptations of The Night Manager and The Little Drummer Girl.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 10:37 pm

This has been a shitty year, pardon my French. I've got Tinker, read Smiley's People and a few others. Tailor of Panama is fantastic. Margaret Attwood apparently tweeted he was the antidote to Bond.

Maybe, of course his work was realistic. Bond is different. It's escapism.

Well, here's to Mr Le Carre. Never the like again.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 10:09 pm

Sadly we've now lost Jeremy Bulloch

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55358301

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 11:52 pm

Knew the name from Star War, but didn't realise he was in OP.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 10:59 am

Obituaries - Page 10 131916001_10157917799317615_2329163310574699814_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=lfaK1aBjyLQAX_0nlOX&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2

Me with Jeremy Bulloch at Belfast Comic-Con 2015.

R.I.P. indeed ... Boba Fett is an iconic character.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2020 3:02 pm

CJB wrote:
Knew the name from Star War, but didn't realise he was in OP.

R.I.P.

TSWLM as well in the PTS on HMS Ranger. Got in my head he did another besides that and OP.

Smithers is the kind of character that is missed in Bond I think. Could've fitted into a Brosnan film, like in GE.

As a child I knew him more for Summer Holiday.

Nice photo Blunty. The kind of chap that doesn't mind doing those photos unlike your Shatners etc.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 11:18 am

R I P Peter lamont died 18th dec aged 91, Lamont was truly one of the Bond family, as production designer and set decorator on eighteen Bond films. He also worked on Titanic,aliens and fiddler on the roof
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 3:47 am

What sad news. Good grief 2020 has been terrible for the Bond team family. I saw the news about Peter a few hours ago.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 11:33 am

hegottheboot wrote:
What sad news. Good grief 2020 has been terrible for the Bond team family. I saw the news about Peter a few hours ago.
Indeed, diden't realise he was so old,but than you don't think about it until it's game over do you. sad
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 4:58 pm

hegottheboot wrote:
Seems nobody else did, Peter was a long serving and essential team member....C'mon,show some love guys! oh my!
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 4:23 am

2021 and we've already lost another team member:
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2560926/bond-girl-tanya-roberts-is-dead-at-65

This is rather surprising and apparently her cause of death is unknown. I've become quite fond of Stacey as a character more and more over the years so this is quite sad.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 4:25 am

Just saw this too. Didn't care for her as Stacey Sutton but she shone on That 70s Show.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 7:28 am

Sudden indeed. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 11:12 am

Imagine Hilly and KKBB in particular will find this saddening.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Imagine Hilly and KKBB in particular will find this saddening.

R.I.P.

Quite. This was one I was not expecting to see for at least another decade, especially because of her online presence lately. I - and we - have been quite fortunate that Tanya has interacted with our BAB Facebook and Twitter accounts over the last several months. She has answered some of the questions I put forward as a forum, liked some of the forum tweets, and personally found and liked a post I made on my personal Instagram account that was unrelated to anything she had been a part of - it was an image of food or scenery or something. But when I woke up and saw that 'The Real Tanya Roberts' liked my post I was grinning like a boy on Christmas Day.

Because AVTAK was one of the first Bond films I watched as a kid, and her utter beauty was a huge part in my becoming a Bond fan. I was saddened to read some years later the reputation she has in Bond fandom, and it was all the more baffling as the years went on how and why she was criticised so intensely.

I'm hoping some of the support and love I have for her work in AVTAK reached her. Well, I feel I know it did, given how she interacted with our social media. I posted and retweeted a few times the thread I have here dedicated to her and it did reach her (or her management). And the joy she radiated when talking about her time on AVTAK, when she hosted her live Q/As, seemed to demonstrate no ill-feelings towards Bond fans and others who (unjustly!) criticised her work. And that makes her all the more loveable in my eyes.

I mentioned this in her dedicated appreciation thread, but her life seemed so tragic. Hilly set me straight but given how her life has now ended so prematurely, I wish that she felt a sense of completeness in some capacity. Her personal life was marred with even more tragedy than her professional life. Just as she enjoyed a resurgence in the 90s with That 70s Show, her husband becomes terminally ill and she leaves the show to take care of him. I read her Bronx upbringing equipped her with some survival skills useful for her acting career. She was first married at 15 which led to an annulment. The Razzies-- was she nominated for AVTAK purely for the age gap between her and Moore? Had it been Dalton opposite her would she have had the same criticism levelled at her? My heart breaks for her. I wished to meet her once and tell her how she's my favourite Moore-era Bond girl and has a spot in my top 10 Bond girls ever. To show her some appreciation in person and not from behind a keyboard.

RIP Tanya. You've taken up your place again as an Angel. I'm sure Roger is there showing your around and offering you a drink...but not before cleaning up a few details.

And she's the first main Bond girl from the Moore era to pass. His last. Our first. So unexpected.

Obituaries - Page 10 5ff2c996260000e127a4fdb6
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 6:48 pm

Very much a loss for the reasons Fields says above. Just too young an age nowadays and so sudden a loss at that. Whereas the likes of Peter Lamont and Sean Connery had a fantastic inning, it looked like Roberts was just getting going or at least not going anywhere in a hurry.

And though she's not everyone's cup of tea for a Bond girl, she was dynamite in 70s Show for various reasons.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 7:37 pm

Sir Hilary Bray OBE wrote:
Earl Cameron, who co-starred in Thunderball, has passed at the grand age of 102

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/earl-cameron-james-bond-thunderball-dead_uk_5f005811c5b612083c5ca962

Great actor and if no one has, I recommend Pool of London for that very reason. RIP

Bloody hell. 102.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obituaries   Obituaries - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obituaries
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next