More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Jack Nicholson retires

Go down 
+4
lachesis
Salomé
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Jack Nicholson retires Empty
PostSubject: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Quote :
“Jack has — without fanfare — retired,” a well-placed Hollywood film insider confirmed to Radar.

“There is a simple reason behind his decision — it’s memory loss. Quite frankly, at 76, Jack has memory issues and can no longer remember the lines being asked of him.

PHOTOS: Jack Nicholson Flirts With Jennifer Lawrence

“His memory isn’t what it used to be.”
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/09/hollywood-legend-jack-nicholson-retires-from-acting/

Looks like the drugs have finally caught up with him. Wish him the best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 5:50 pm

I didn't know he was still alive.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Quote :
NBC's Maria Shriver has confirmed to E! News that reports of Nicholson retiring from acting due to memory loss or dementia are 100 percent false, adding that the Chinatown star is not suffering from any memory-related illness or dementia and has no current plans to retire.
In fact, a source close to the movie icon says Nicholson is actively reading scripts and is looking forward to his next project.

Can you handle the truth?
http://uk.eonline.com/news/455243/jack-nicholson-not-retiring-from-acting-rumors-are-just-plain-cuckoo
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:35 am

Perhaps not. http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity/news/a512718/jack-nicholson-retirement-rumors-denied-reports-are-100-percent-false.html

Even then, he hasn't been making a lot of movies (only two since 2007) so I wouldn't be surprised if we never see him in a role again.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 8:52 am

Besides his age, I suspect the kind of roles he gets offered don't give him much desire to continue.
Considering some of the rubbish the likes of Pacino and De Niro have been in recently, perhaps his choice is the more reasonable one?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 9:00 am

Jack might be tempted back by a spring-winter rom-com with Jennifer Lawrence.

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 9:33 am

His Oscar antics were his best performance in a while.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:03 pm

True or not I do wish more actors would choose to retire gracefully, and stick to it rather than come to haunt movies as support for lesser and often less worthy new blood.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:47 am

Regardless, he's left us with a lot to enjoy.  I just hope I can at least meet the man before he completes the bucket list. Outside chance, but it'd be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Murdock

Murdock

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:36 am

Back to top Go down
Agent007391
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Agent007391

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Jack Nicholson. My third favorite Joker.
Back to top Go down
boldfinger
Cipher Clerk
boldfinger

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:42 pm

lachesis wrote:
True or not I do wish more actors would choose to retire gracefully, and stick to it rather than come to haunt movies as support for lesser and often less worthy new blood.
I can respect if guys like De Niro or Pacino want to keep working, not necessarily for the money (at least I hope so, anything else would be really depressing in their case), but because they would be bored in retirement.
I´m not sure how I like the way this sobers my perception of their line of work.
Back to top Go down
Agent007391
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Agent007391

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Retirement's not for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Nicholson retires   Jack Nicholson retires Empty

Back to top Go down

Jack Nicholson retires
Page 1 of 1