More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Scary Flicks for October

Go down 
+3
Salomé
Largo's Shark
Control
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Scary Flicks for October Empty
PostSubject: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Halloween's coming soon and it's a big holiday in the US. I've come to realize that the rest of the world couldn't give a fuck about it, and probably for good reason.

I always binge-watch horror flicks during the month of October. What are some of your favorite scary movies and/or what scary movies are you checking out this month?

So far, I've gone through...

GHOSTBUSTERS (not scary, but very funny)
FRIGHT NIGHT (1985)
THE NINTH GATE
THE VAMPIRE LOVERS
HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL (1959)
HELLRAISER
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 10:19 pm

THE VANISHING (1988)
ALTERED STATES
THE BROOD
STAGE FRIGHT (1987)
THE HAUNTING (1963)
HANDS OF THE RIPPER
NIGHTBREED
QUATERMASS AND THE PIT
BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW
TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE
CANDYMAN
THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW
THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974)

... are all one my Halloween list.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 10:27 pm

It depends, do you want the American horror of the 1970s and 1980s, truly scary flicks or the more old-fashioned charm of say, the Hammer series or Jack Arnold?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 10:35 pm

A mix is always good.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 11:53 pm

It's in the trees! It's coming!

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 12:27 am

Local cinema is doing a double-bill of Beetlejuice and the original Nightmare On Elm Street on the night itself, may well take it in.

Beats being in while a constant stream of scrounging little fuckers turn up at your front door, the homemade 'An ex-BBC presenter from the 70s and 80s lives here' sign in the window failing to deter them.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:07 am

I've been watching the Leprechaun flicks this month. It's the kind of series that gets better as it goes, with the pinnacle being LEPRECHAUN IN THE HOOD. It kinda tickles my absurdest humor. It's so trashy and wonderful.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:15 am

Watched THE LAST MAN ON EARTH and NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD tonight.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:41 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Beats being in while a constant stream of scrounging little fuckers turn up at your front door, the homemade 'An ex-BBC presenter from the 70s and 80s lives here' sign in the window failing to deter them.

Have you tried 'The Mosquito?'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:58 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:

Have you tried 'The Mosquito?'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mosquito

Sonic technology used to defeat adversaries ... now, of what possible interest to a Whovian would that be? ;)
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:42 pm

THE THING (1982)
PRINCE OF DARKNESS
THEY LIVE
HALLOWEEN
NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
VIDEODROME
THE BROOD

And I'm a fan of these slashers:

MY BLOODY VALENTINE
THE PROWLER
THE BURNING
SLEEPAWAY CAMP

Just to name a few.

edit: Python, I've always meant to watch the Leprechaun movies. I've heard they're a blast.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:20 pm

If you're gonna delve into those flicks, I suggest you skip that first entirely.

Anyway, I'm gonna revisit HALLOWEEN soon. It's been a long time since I've seen the original. I already saw the sequels on cable during my teens, so and from what I remember they're not worth revisiting.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 6:28 pm

I'll be checking out Annabelle (in theaters now) and a couple of those Paranormal flicks that I missed. Plus some straight to DVD slasher flicks like Neighbor.

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
If you're gonna delve into those flicks, I suggest you skip that first entirely.

Anyway, I'm gonna revisit HALLOWEEN soon. It's been a long time since I've seen the original. I already saw the sequels on cable during my teens, so and from what I remember they're not worth revisiting.
What is wrong with "The Thing"?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 6:53 pm

Shoulda Ben more specific, I was referring to LEPRECHAUN (1993).
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:

Isn't the first the one with Jennifer Aniston?! I wouldn't want to miss that insanity for the world.

Can't go wrong with the original HALLOWEEN. Carpenter is (was) the man.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:12 pm

The one with Anniston suffers because initially it was geared to be a scary film for kids, but midway the producers decided to make it a slasher, so it's tonally off. The sequels benefit from knowing what they are: cheap comedy horrors with camp. If you only need to see one, go with LEPRECHAUN IN THE HOOD. That one is a hoot.
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:04 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
The one with Anniston suffers because initially it was geared to be a scary film for kids, but midway the producers decided to make it a slasher, so it's tonally off. The sequels benefit from knowing what they are: cheap comedy horrors with camp. If you only need to see one, go with LEPRECHAUN IN THE HOOD. That one is a hoot.

Will do man, thanks. The title alone makes it worth a viewing I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:

LEPRECHAUN: BAK 2 THA HOOD is another good one to laugh at.

Best if viewed while intoxicated.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:32 pm

I've been doing that with Bailey's Irish Cream and Guinness. I haven't seen BACK 2 THA HOOD, but I think I'll mix that up with a few Irish Car Bombs when I get around to that.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:51 pm

Yeah, you'll want to be hammered before you even consider watching it.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:41 pm

I caught CREEPSHOW 2 on Netflix.

Total shit dialogue through out. The script was written by George Romero, based on stories from Stephen King. Lucille Fletcher had some part in the writing, apparently, but was uncredited. "The Raft" and "The Hitchhiker" stories were the best, with women showing their tits in between the gory bits (including ex-Bond girl Lois Chiles).

It also has an interesting score, which has never been released on LP or CD. Here's a rip from the DVD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2K7zk-Q4-Q#

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 5:25 am

Watched Romero's DAY OF THE DEAD, followed by CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN.

Interesting "double feature" because I'd say Romero borrowed quite a lot from the Hammer film.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 6:21 am

I forgot to post this last week, but I finally saw THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974). Personally, I hate slashers and if it wasn't for the last 30 mins dripping in some great dark comedy, I might have hated the whole thing. It just isn't my cuppa. However, I'm actually very intrigued to see the sequel with Dennis Hopper because it looks fucking nuts and so does Hopper. From what I hear, it reminds me of GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH with its stronger emphasis on humor and satire. I'll check that out somehow. Netflix doesn't have it available, but they do have the one with Matthew McConaughey playing full retard.