More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Scary Flicks for October

Go down 
+3
Salomé
Largo's Shark
Control
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:12 am

Thought this was worth sharing. Though the fact that Argento is not amongst his 13 almost discredits the list entirely.

http://www.vox.com/a/best-horror-movies-scary-scenes
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Paranormal Activity 3.....?
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 5:37 pm

Xenia93 wrote:
Paranormal Activity 3.....?
Yeah, that was an odd inclusion, especially since the scene itself is hardly groundbreaking or memorable.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Salomé wrote:
Though the fact that Argento is not amongst his 13 almost discredits the list entirely.

Didn't think you rated even Argento's early efforts, Ops.

I suggest you turn the lights out and listen to this:

The bats have left the bell tower, the victims have been bled ... Bela Lugosi's Dead
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 9:41 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
Though the fact that Argento is not amongst his 13 almost discredits the list entirely.

What brought you to that conclusion?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Salomé wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:

What brought you to that conclusion?

An unfounded assumption. Apart from Maitland McDonagh, I've never met a woman who rates him.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 8:45 am

I watched THE EXORCIST for the first time. I hate this genre, so I thought this might be an exception given the high praise it's gotten compared to everything it spawned. I was bored through the whole thing. I wasn't even able to appreciate the craft because the subject matter bored me to tears. Supernatural/horror just isn't for me, with a few exceptions like ROSEMARY'S BABY, CARRIE, and pretty much anything by David Lynch.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 9:39 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
I watched THE EXORCIST for the first time. I hate this genre, so I thought this might be an exception given the high praise it's gotten compared to everything it spawned. I was bored through the whole thing.

I think an appreciation of The Exorcist is helped by being a Catholic. Also it works much better in the cinema, it's just not framed for small screens.

William Friedkin may yet come back into critical favour; he did three or four very good films. Mind you, I've been saying that about John Frankenheimer since he died...
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:11 am

"Killer Joe" was very well reviewed.

Like some of the other Movie Brat directors, he ultimately paid the price for his extreme hubris.

I actually don't hold up the "glorious failure" of Sorcerer to the heights of some other Friedkin fans.
It is certainly not an improvement upon Clouzot's masterpiece. Roy Scheider is also a rather poor stand-in for Yves Montand. I believe Friedkin later admitted that he regretted not pushing harder to get Steve McQueen on board (who briefly considered taking the lead role).

Last edited by Salomé on Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 3:20 pm

I'm no fan of Sorcerer though I admire its ambition. Wages of Fear is a magnificent film, but seems to be remembered these days for its 'unforgivable' racism and sexism.

Forgotten about Killer Joe - I shall seek it out. I'd also like to revisit To Live and Die in LA; got a pretty hostile press reception when it came out so it'd be interesting to see how well it's aged.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 9:17 pm

That's another thing that disappointed me about THE EXORCIST is that I thought maybe with Friedkin it might be worthwhile, as I dig all his other films especially THE FRENCH CONNECTION. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scary Flicks for October   Scary Flicks for October - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scary Flicks for October
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2