More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS

Go down 
+17
Lazenby.
Strangways&Quarrel
Loomis
jet set willy
Campbell4
Salomé
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Moore
Jack Wade
Prisoner Monkeys
coco1997
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
dr. strangelove
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 1:04 am

Moore wrote:

I agree. SF had references to Goldfinger. I like to pretend CR/QoS is the origin story and DN-DAD happened in between QoS and SF. I'd rather them have SPECTRE rise from the ashes, a relic of Bond's past. We all know SPECTRE. We know their past efforts. Blofeld kill Bond's wife. Just merge the old and new and give us a great SPECTRE Bond film.

Hmmm...well, I don't really view the series THAT WAY. I look at it in 4 very distinct stages:

Connery/Lazenby/Moore all play the same character of Bond because, for the most part, the character ages with the actor chronologically, and Tracy is referenced directly in TSWLM and FYEO.

Dalton could have been playing the same character as Connery/Lazenby/Moore, particularly with Felix's reference that he "was married once" as long as you take the element of time out of the equation. In other words, if you don't focus on technology or fashion, and just accept that some of these missions came a few months apart in Bond's universe (whereas they were coming out every other year in the real world), then there's nothing to discount that Dalton is playing the same Bond as the ones that came before him.

I consider Brosnan to be in his own timeline. No attempt made to connect his Bond to the ones who've come before; just the opposite really, if you take literally some of the inferences from Goldeneye.

I consider Craig to be in his own timeline. As such, he hasn't met Tracy or Blofeld yet; they aren't memories associated with Craig's Bond, and I don't wish for him to have them unless the audience goes along the journey with him and earns it with him, which means they need to get started now, or soon, if that plotline is ever going to be expanded upon while Craig is Bond and while Waltz is theoretically Blofeld.

****HOWEVER****, just because Craig's Bond hasn't encountered Tracy or SPECTRE yet doesn't mean that the audience can't use what it knew of the storylines from the books and previous movies to get a general sense of what we're expecting to see, and because of that, there is no need to do a fancy backstory and introduction. We know they aren't trying to corner the market on Girl Scout Cookies.

POTENTIAL SPOILER:

We've read that Madeline Swan is Mr. White's daughter. I think I read that Mr.White and Bond team up to bring Blofeld Oberhauswer down. Anybody seeing a potential parallel between Marc-Ange Draco/Tracy, and Mr. White/Madeline Swann. Is it possible, just maybe, that Madeline fills in the Tracy role, and Mr. White Draco's role, making this a sort of unofficial remake of OHMSS? We know Irma is in the movie. Blofeld is in the movie. What we haven't heard yet, I don't think, is who is actually revealed to be Blofeld? Well, here's more on that score:

Waltz is adamant he's playign Franz Oberhauser:
http://screencrush.com/christoph-waltz-bond-villain-spectre-interview/

Anyway, here is Waltz’s answer when I told him that people don’t believe he’s just playing a character named Franz Oberhauser.

No, That’s a fact. I can guarantee.

Has he heard the rumors?

Yeah, yeah. I have. The character is called Franz Oberhauser. F-R-A-N-Z, Oberhauser, and I don’t need to spell that.

Yeah, yeah, we've heard this song and dance before, just like when Naomi Harris swore she was playing Eve; well, yeah, technically she was, but we all knew she was playing Moneypenny. And just like when Ralph Fiennes swore he was playing a character called Mallory, but, well, yeah, he's M by the end of the movie. And so it will go with Oberhauser. EON will think they've outsmarted us, but one does have to ask why, when you name a movie SPECTRE, and you hire a two-time Oscar winning actor to play a villain, it is necessary to not just come out with who the actor is playing? It's not like it's going to lessen our anticipation for the movie!!! Notice that Waltz's answer is very concise; very guarded. He stays on his talking points, which indicates he's hiding something that the studio doesn't want him to release.

God, I hate this movie!!! This is the worst Bond film ever! This script is awful. The film will be awful.

Man, I can't wait for this film to come out! I'm going to be first in line.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 1:11 am

Why would Eon spoil their own film for the sake if satisfying the hardcore fanbase?

Why are you so intent on hating the film when you know as much as we do - next to nothing?
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 1:42 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Why would Eon spoil their own film for the sake if satisfying the hardcore fanbase?

Why are you so intent on hating the film when you know as much as we do - next to nothing?

But how can he hate the film when he'll be first in line?

The plot thickens.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 2:04 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

Under-promises himself so then the film can only over-deliver.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 4:14 am

bitchcraft wrote:
But how can he hate the film when he'll be first in line?

Because I'm torn, DogBond. You know what it's like to be torn?
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 4:35 am

A shooting outline has leaked online. Good news is the gunbarrel is back at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 4:36 am

Babs e-mail is also babbzy@aol.com. So there's that.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:12 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
God, remember Laz's reaction to the leaked SKYFALL call sheets Imagine if he was here to read this?

Ha ha, I've just re-read that post. Utter gold. If our old friend JP ever gets into a position to nuke all our posts again, please promise to save that rant for me.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Moore wrote:

I honestly thought Moore was joking until I saw the screenshot of the email. Jesus. SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 XvhYsfz
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Some thoughts from the outline:

Spoiler:

In all, much better than what we've heard from the other drafts. Though I'm not still sure they've done a good enough job selling us on the fact that the last three films were tied to SPECTRE, this one sounds like it's built on the woodwork Skyfall laid — a mature film but one that isn't afraid to throw a wink and a nod in every once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 3:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 5:39 am

Moore wrote:
Well, there's the security breach right there. Who the hell uses AOL these days?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 6:50 am

Largo's Shark wrote:

LIES! All lies! Every bit of his body language tells you he's lying. Plus we've all read Bab's outline that was hacked. We KNOW, Christopher. We KNOW.

SPECTRE will go down as one of the biggest wasted opportunities in the history of the series. 40+ years of waiting to return the organization to the screen and they blew it. The ending is appalling. $300+ million dollars for a film that fans are going to hate and despise with the white hot intensity of a million suns. THIS is what they bring Oscar winning talent like Mendes and Waltz on for? To run away from everything that ever made the series unique and popular to begin with?

I spit on this film's grave.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:05 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
LIES! All lies! Every bit of his body language tells you he's lying. Plus we've all read Bab's outline that was hacked. We KNOW, Christopher. We KNOW.

SPECTRE will go down as one of the biggest wasted opportunities in the history of the series. 40+ years of waiting to return the organization to the screen and they blew it. The ending is appalling. $300+ million dollars for a film that fans are going to hate and despise with the white hot intensity of a million suns. THIS is what they bring Oscar winning talent like Mendes and Waltz on for? To run away from everything that ever made the series unique and popular to begin with?

I spit on this film's grave.

Dog Bond prophecy: By this time next year, Gravy will have seen SPECTRE at least 3 times in the cinema. With tears of joy in his eyes. Not those dark circles we're currently seeing.

You heard it here, folks.

<---Clairvoyant ass speaketh.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:45 am

bitchcraft wrote:

<---Clairvoyant ass speaketh.

I'd like to teach you my French flipper trick.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:52 am

Look folks, you're going to pay $12-15 a movie ticket to go and see the reveal of Oberhauser as Ersnt Stavros Blofeld literally...within the last 3 minutes of the movie. And his cat may be all black time around, albeit breifly,right at the end.

I also get the sense that this was indeed meant to be a 2film deal, shot together, and released a year apart. That could account for the initially high costs of the film. At least initially. It could, and should, serve as at least a two parter. You don't re-introduce your best villain to audiences in 40 years,only to then reveal his true identity in the last 3 minutes before killing him off or putting him away. The way this film has been set up indicates to me that Barbara was still too busy counting her billions from Skyfall to start paying proper attention to the next film.

If you only believe one thing, believe this: after SPERCTRE, everyone's going to be talking about rebooting the series or getting a new actor. This is the end of Craig's series.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 10:12 am

I don't know what's more entertaining - bitchcraft's avatar or GS's meltdown.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

BC's avatar. There are really no words for it.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

BC's avatar. There are really no words for it.

Not sure to be honest. I'm 50/50 torn between your meltdown (some of it I'm agreeing with, while trying desperately to not read too much of the massive spoilers), and DB's avatar, which defies gravity itself...... lick
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:31 pm

But Gravy's meltdown is too early...execs were bitching about the earlier draft, not the final one. We don't know what's been changed since considering there have been rewrites.

However, if the meltdown is justified after we've seen the movie, I'll join in too. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Remember, I consigned Quantum of BOLLOCKS to the dustbin and haven't looked at it in...3 years.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:51 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
But Gravy's meltdown is too early...execs were bitching about the earlier draft, not the final one. We don't know what's been changed since considering there have been rewrites.

Yes, I think the final version of the script will be very different from this early draft that has been leaked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Which is why the meltdown is so entertaining. It has that Homer Simpson quality of falling go pieces over insignificant details about it.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 10:49 pm

bitchcraft wrote:

I have. I've seen the shooting outline on Reddit (dated November 9).
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:48 pm

I didn't think the shooting outline was that bad. The only major gripe was the ending. I don't mind the reveal being so late in the film, but the way it ends is a bit lackluster. Which means the next time Blofeld returns we're going to have an elaborate backstory of how he manages to get back in action. Cue some sort of Silva-esque escape like Skyfall.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 12:02 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Moore wrote:

Well, there's the security breach right there. Who the hell uses AOL these days?

It's like a parody email address Lazenby. might come up with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next