More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS

Go down 
+17
Lazenby.
Strangways&Quarrel
Loomis
jet set willy
Campbell4
Salomé
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Moore
Jack Wade
Prisoner Monkeys
coco1997
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
dr. strangelove
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:00 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
You could reasonably construct Blofeld as having an influence on SF. Silva mentions his ability to interrupt satellite transmissions and rig elections. It's pretty clear that he is a free agent, doing these things to fund his vendetta against M. But his clients are never clear, so all that it takes is a line or two of dialogue to establish Blofeld as having been a client.

Of course the plots could easily be tied in. I just feel like it lacks something by doing it after the fact.

Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:03 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I think Telly is the best Blofeld, but Pleasance gave us a creepy performance that I think works as well - especially for YOLT. Much prefer his version to Gray's.

I like Telly. I think Pleasance is overrated. After that huge build up I didn't think he was as menacing as he could have been.

I actually think Gray could have been a good Blofeld if it had been done seriously and less camp.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:15 am

I have it on very good authority that a lot changed after the conversations recorded in these leaks. I've also heard that Logan's first draft was an absolute nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:19 am

Harmsway wrote:
I have it on very good authority that a lot changed after the conversations recorded in these leaks. I've also heard that Logan's first draft was an absolute nightmare.

It sounds like it!

You know things are pretty damn bad when they ring up P&W to return.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:26 am

Last edited by Harmsway on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:29 am

Looks like the script has leaked.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:32 am

Harmsway wrote:
Moore wrote:
Harmsway wrote:

It sounds like it!

You know things are pretty damn bad when they ring up P&W to return.
Apparently it was far, far worse than anything mentioned in the leaks.

Care to elaborate, Harms? I'd be curious to know how much has changed and just how many gyrations this thing has gone through. Mendes and Logan seemed to have a tight professional relationship (especially given their Penny Dreadful connection), so you'd think it would take something big to get Mendes to dismiss him completely.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:33 am

THE FOLLOWING LINK HAS SEVERAL BRIEF SNIPPETS FROM THE SPECTRE SCRIPT. DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE PORTIONS OF THE SCRIPT.

It's very brief stuff. Just three small sections of dialogue. But the fact is: if these small portions came out, that means that the whole script is out there somewhere and it's very likely the whole thing will be hitting the internet soon.

CLICK HERE
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:39 am

Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:43 am

The guy's name is "Defamer", and you're expecting responsible journalism?
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:48 am

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:59 am

Quote :
But don't trust these—for all we know, the executives and producers handling Spectre could still be tinkering with the final act. And if after seeing the movie you think it ended like shit, just know you won't be alone.

What a smug and snarky heap of shit that piece is.

Quote :
(Our read is that it's about as good as the last couple Bond movies, which is to say: Not very.)

This prick didn't even like SKYFALL? I'm taking his criticism with a pinch of salt.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 2:09 am

Last edited by Harmsway on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 2:21 am

I'm starting to wonder if EON knew this was coming eventually, especially considering Mendes' comments at the press conference about Pinewood being the place where budget go to die, and him not reading the internet until they're finished shooting.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 2:22 am

They dealt with the CraigNotBond people, so I think they are used to a shit storm while filming. And that was even worse since it was Craig's first Bond film, a reboot, following on the heels of a successful, yet panned film.

At least this time around it is an established Bond following the biggest Bond film ever, critically and financially. Sure, it's still difficult with all the budget and script stuff being hotly debated, but I think they've been through worse.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 2:27 am

Harmsway wrote:
I'm beginning to feel terrible for EON. To have all this out there when you've only just begun filming? That makes making your picture very difficult. I hope they find a way to just tune out the noise and get on with it.
Or it could be the best thing to happen to them - they can just smile and nod and be their usual non-committal selves and then let everyone jump to their own conclusions about the film ... and then blow us all away with the final product.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 2:29 am

True. And regardless, for a film that just started shooting, there's a lot of talk about it. It's got the communities up and running. Hell, this place is thriving. It's got people talking.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 2:51 am

It's EON's biggest public embarrassment since the reaction to Craig's first press conference. Hopefully they'll take in stride, as before.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 3:02 am

Last edited by Harmsway on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 3:17 am

And it's still unclear exactly which drafts these e-mails refer to. Some things have clearly changed since they were written. It remains to be seen exactly how different they are.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 4:48 am

Is this spoiler real about daddy and daughter?

Spoiler:

drugs
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Spoilers   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 4:53 am

We don't know. We have no idea which version of the script the details are coming from.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
coco1997
Cipher Clerk
coco1997

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 5:19 am

The leaked ending (if true) doesn't add up. None of the Bonds have gone out on a high note (DAF, AVTAK and DAD were awful swan songs for their respective actors, Lazenby's Bond deserved to get his revenge on Blofeld and though I love LTK, certainly it wasn't planned as a send-off for Dalton) because none of them knew at the time of filming that film would be his last...though I suppose you could argue that OHMSS might be the exception.

I highly doubt EON is already planning to "wrap up" Craig's Bond with such finality, which would subsequently necessitate yet another reboot of the character less than a decade after the first legitimate reboot in the franchise's fifty year history. Unless something's recently changed that we're unaware of, Craig is signed for one more film after SPECTRE, and I'm sure EON would practically kill to keep him around as long as he still looks the part and is enthused to play Bond. I imagine that Craig's final film will end in such a manner that it could very easily leave the door open for his successor. Hopefully Craig will be the first Bond actor whose career as 007 doesn't simply peter out.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:00 am

I think Craig will be around for one more. if it makes another billion he will be back. And let's be honest. His non-Bond films have hardly done well, so I'm sure he'll stick around for the big payday.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/james-bond-24-script-getting-completely-rewritten-at-last-minute/

And let's all be positive. This guy is a very reliable source for Bond. And he pretty much called Logan's crap and P & W being called into save the day back in August. So they've been fixing this for four months.

Quote :
Neil Purvis and Robert Wade were brought in for a last minute rewrite. In fact, the source calls it a "rescue" of the original screenplay that has been completely overhauled, with a previous report from the same source saying Logan's script was "politely moved aside."
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:35 am

Moore wrote:
like Telly.  I think Pleasance is overrated. After that huge build up I didn't think he was as menacing as he could have been.

I actually think Gray could have been a good Blofeld if it had been done seriously and less camp.

Funny enough, I remember being somewhat let down by Pleasence the first time I saw the Bond movies. I saw Thunderball and From Russia With Love beforehand and for some reason I was expecting someone taller with dark hair so naturally I was going to be a bit disappointed due to my imagination plus Eric Pohlmann's voice was just absolutely perfect on top of that.

To comment on the topic though, I really hope that article you linked to is right. The idea of Blofeld being reduced to Daddy issues is just .... ERRGH ... on every level. Hope Purvis & Wade give us a much better story appropriate for Blofeld and Christoph Waltz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS   SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

SPECTRE leaked documents -- MAJOR SPOILERS
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next