More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

New 'SPECTRE' Poster

Go down 
+11
Control
Strangways&Quarrel
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
CJB
dr. strangelove
Blunt Instrument
Hilly
jet set willy
Largo's Shark
Makeshift Python
Jack Wade
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

New 'SPECTRE' Poster - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 'SPECTRE' Poster   New 'SPECTRE' Poster - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 3:42 am

The imagery of death skulls go all the way back to the Fleming's dust jackets, which I think is what Mendes is trying to evoke. Then of course, LALD is an old favorite of his which is loaded with skull imagery in the title sequence. Even SKYFALL brought that back in its own title sequence.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: New 'SPECTRE' Poster   New 'SPECTRE' Poster - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 7:54 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
The imagery of death skulls go all the way back to the Fleming's dust jackets, which I think is what Mendes is trying to evoke. Then of course, LALD is an old favorite of his which is loaded with skull imagery in the title sequence. Even SKYFALL brought that back in its own title sequence.

Isn't it somewhat counter-intuitive to completely hide your leading man's face behind a mask? When you look at the Avengers Age of Ultron poster Captain American and Iron Man both have their facemasks/helmets off so that the actors can help sell the film. Strange that SPECTRE would not be doing the same.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: New 'SPECTRE' Poster   New 'SPECTRE' Poster - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:18 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Isn't it somewhat counter-intuitive to completely hide your leading man's face behind a mask? When you look at the Avengers Age of Ultron poster Captain American and Iron Man both have their facemasks/helmets off so that the actors can help sell the film. Strange that SPECTRE would not be doing the same.

They are trying to hide Craig's rapidly ageing face…

Relax, I'm joking.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: New 'SPECTRE' Poster   New 'SPECTRE' Poster - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 5:03 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

And I didn't like that those Marvel films show the actors faces on the posters. It would be like Batman being unmasked on the poster, it's just odd.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 'SPECTRE' Poster   New 'SPECTRE' Poster - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New 'SPECTRE' Poster
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3