More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Raoul Needs To Return

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

Raoul Needs To Return Empty
PostSubject: Raoul Needs To Return   Raoul Needs To Return EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 11:35 pm

I wish there was more substance to this post. But I was discussing the mess of a film that Die Another Day was with some people on reddit.

I always thought that the introduction to Cuba scenes were very well done. Those scenes had a very fresh feeling to them unlike the rest of Brosnan's era. There's a swagger/confidence to those scenes that I hadn't see in the Brosnan Bonds (until Halle shows up, of course, and it goes to shit). But Raoul have always been highlights of DAD for me, really loved his appearance.

Really wish they would bring back Raoul. One of the better ally's Bond has had in ages. Would love to see Emilio Echevarría helping out Craig's Bond. I highly doubt it will ever happen (14 years later already, christ, how time flies..)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Raoul Needs To Return   Raoul Needs To Return EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 12:19 am

Yeah, the potential for him to be a Kerim Bey type is easy to see. I do love Brosnan in that lovely old car accompanied by the 'Cuban version' of the Bond theme on the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Raoul Needs To Return   Raoul Needs To Return EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 12:34 am

Yeah it seems like some of the stuff that Purvis and Wade wrote that was kept in Tamahori's rewrites. Felt like good old fashioned espionage. As you say, 14 years on, I doubt he'll return.

I'm not sure how much was planned for Brosnan's fifth film, but I wonder if there was an intention to bring him back, a la Jack Wade and Zukovsky in Brosnan's Bond films.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Raoul Needs To Return   Raoul Needs To Return EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 2:36 am

One of the only interesting characters in that film.

And what the hell happened to Jack Wade? Did Joe Don give it up, or was EON just not bright enough to hire him again?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Raoul Needs To Return   Raoul Needs To Return EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 11:22 am

Yeah, don't get that myself. Certainly Brosnan's first 2 Bonds gave the impression that he was intended as a recurring character.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Raoul Needs To Return   Raoul Needs To Return EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 1:11 pm

He didn't even say goodbye.

Raoul Needs To Return 830-12776-0
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Raoul Needs To Return   Raoul Needs To Return EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 1:43 am

I'd rather Bond have fucked Raoul rather than Jinx.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raoul Needs To Return   Raoul Needs To Return Empty

Back to top Go down

Raoul Needs To Return
Page 1 of 1