More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Absurdity in Bond 25?

Go down 
+8
Gravity's Silhouette
CJB
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Santa
Professor Train
bitchcraft
Blunt Instrument
Strangways&Quarrel
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 5:19 am

CJB wrote:
Santa wrote:
Spectre... seeing Bond's home

Almost forgot about that. Of course they had to give him a half-empty heroin den to superficially show what a hard cunt he is. The man is particular about everything from his cocktails to his coq au vin, but apparently he's too much of a badass for furniture.

I've never liked that either, but I remember Craig (and by extension, his fanboys and Babs) frothing over how great an idea it was. All they needed to do was catch a glimpse of Bond's apartment in DN and LALD. Or if they cared, they should have read Fleming's material which paint a much better picture of his home life. May wouldn't be impressed. 

Maybe Bond 25 will focus on how Bond hires May. Bond 26 will show her become the main villain; Irma Bunt's half-sister no less.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 9:32 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Wed May 08, 2019 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 10:29 am

Yeah, bit of an oddball that one. Jobs also adhered to a particular subset of veganism (because general veganism is too conventional) and rarely showered or applied deodorant.

Never wear tight turtlenecks, kids.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 11:55 am

He resisted surgery on his pancreatic cancer for 9 months (and he had the only type of it that is treatable and curable, apparently) and used 'alternative healing' methods during that time instead.

That went well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 1:16 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 1:57 pm

I'm gagging to see this on the screen.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 7:11 am

I'd watch this.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Maybe if we transfer it to Waitrose. Though when I lived in Maida Vale, Craig was seen leaving my local Tesco when his then bird lived nearby.

Thomas Newman score?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 7:21 am

Dunno about Thomas Newman, but when I think of Bond running into Blofeld at Tesco I think of this:

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 9:03 am

x

Back to top Go down
Kath
'R'
'R'
Kath

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 2:55 pm

As for Sévérine (I am really afraid that at one day you will throw stones at me), that is Fleming. Tiffany Case was gang-raped, Honeychild Ryder was knocked unconscious and raped. The aggressor broke her nose during the process. Suzuki was mistreated during her time as an actress and although she does not give any details, I think we can fill in the blanks. She says that the people on set treated he just like another animal because of her Japanese origin. We do not know what that teaching and training of Rosa Klebb of Tatiana Romanova looks like, but we get a pretty good glimpse of it. (Urrgh).
They ALL turn to Bond. Not because he is so attractive, but because they feel safe with him. Tracy goes that way as does Vivienne Michel, although they have other reasons.
Eco has pointed this out, he calls it the "healing powers of Bond". So, I have to agree with Fields after all that Sévéline may be the perfect incarnation of a "bird with a wing down", if you lay emphasis on her problematic past.
People do not know that Bond is a hero in a world full of violence against women...at least they seem have to forgotten. I am far from saying that these books are feminist, but these books are not as easy to tackle as people make you think. They have hidden depths. Especially the portrayal of women is not always as schematic and misogynous as it is claimed to be.
So, if any of this sneaks back into the movies...hooray.

As for Bond's apartment...I mean, this is not his apartment, because the MI 6 sold his after his disappearance. Of course, this would never happen to the Fleming Bond, as May has kept up his apartment with her own money. The Craig Bond does really lack May. She is more than is housekeeper. She watches over him, when she scolds him about his new diet in TB and she has paid for his apartment.
I think he simply couldn't be bothered to decorate another one after he lost the first...I don't know. I mean "You've just moved in?" "No." is a lie. Of course he did.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 3:02 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Wed May 08, 2019 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kath
'R'
'R'
Kath

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 3:13 pm

What mythology? The bird with a wing down?

I had said before that I may exclude her of that category because she is kept prisoner by Silva. She is suffering from a very physical situation, whereas all the other girls are suffering from a psychological condition (most famously Michel if you read the novel).
And I'd say that Silva is controlling Sévérine and forces her to do these things? She does not strike me as villain like Elektra. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 4:28 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 5:51 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
The first step to being an adult is accepting personal responsibility something not many people seem willing to accept these days. Blame the #metoo victim culture.

I know the provocateur in you likes blanket statements like this, but you are going to have to more properly define what you mean here?
If we are talking about say, one of the James Franco accusers, who seems to have regretted going nude in one of his films, I would agree.
If we are talking about what happened to Annabella Sciorra, I'm not sure what exactly the extent of her personal responsibility is, other than perhaps not expecting that a big Hollywood producer would show up at her home unannounced with rape on his mind?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 7:32 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 9:10 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
if you decide to take a job entertaining male guests whilst wearing company-mandated matching underwear

Or: if you host an event at which the female hostesses are to be deemed free for all, perhaps you should hire sex workers for the job so that there is no confusion possible?

The moral courage of clarity is underrated.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 11:44 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Rape is a criminal act and should be prosecuted as such. However, if you decide to go to a job interview in a executive’s bedroom...

I let the cable-guy into my bedroom once. It didn't mean he was going to get lucky, it meant he had to install cable on my bedroom tv.

Hubby was around of course. It didn't mean he was going to be a cuckold either.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 am

What has been missing in the series since 1974:
Harry Saltzman's wild ideas and being the wild card factor with his vivid and sometimes off the wall imagination.
When Saltzman left it did really take part of the key ingredient out of the series formula. As many have said for every hundred bad ideas that would come out of his mouth you'd get at least a dozen golden divine inspirations.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 4:45 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 5:35 pm

I have no problem with what went on at the event itself, just with the fact that obviously some of the women present weren't properly informed of what was expected of them. Hence why I stated that all of these issues could have been solved by hiring sex workers for the job. Which would have likely also solved the problem of the possibility of an undercover reporter showing up.

It's interesting that Jess Phillips turned up in that piece, I don't closely follow British politics, but I know her from some other incidents that make her appear like not the wisest individual in the House of Commons, to put it lightly.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 8:08 am

Great article. The Internet is truly the wowsers' most lethal armament.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 9:04 am

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 9:13 am

The moral courage of clarity: the courage to make it very clear what you want even if the outside perception might be used to attack you.

Based on the report, the male attendees were touching and propositioning the women.

Now, I don't have any issue with this happening, but then at least make clear to all women that this is why they are there. To more or less offer their bodies up to the men. Hence why I suggested hiring sex workers.

I don't hire a plumber to fix my TV.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 9:45 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Wed May 08, 2019 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absurdity in Bond 25?   Absurdity in Bond 25? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Absurdity in Bond 25?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next