More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+14
silvertoe
Blunt Instrument
Hilly
Perilagu Khan
Morland_Specials
Gravity's Silhouette
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Salomé
Santa
bitchcraft
Strangways&Quarrel
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 12:37 pm

Sarai wrote:
I just googled it and saw my arch enemy directed it.

I feel similarly with one of the actors. Can you guess who?

Also, wasn't Rian Johnson up for Bond 25 at one point?

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 2:59 pm

For me, I'd say Knives Out is Johnson's most flat-out enjoyable film to date ... I didn't care for Brick or Looper much, and although I don't hate The Last Jedi (don't hurt me, Sarai!) I can see why it's divisive.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 5:15 pm

Frozen 2

Just adorable!
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 8:34 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
For me, I'd say Knives Out is Johnson's most flat-out enjoyable film to date ... I didn't care for Brick or Looper much, and although I don't hate The Last Jedi (don't hurt me, Sarai!) I can see why it's divisive.  

I know, I know. I just finished reading Story of a Soul by St Therese of Lisieux and do I ever LOVE her, always have...she is one truly beautiful soul. So I thought, hey I could be like her, I really want to be and my mind was so set on my new path I had tears in my eyes. The very next day I got into a HUGE argument over The Last Jedi with my uncle at work and ended up calling him a giant fucktard as well as a few other pretty nasty names.  The next morning I check my email and my dad sent me this:

“It is better to leave each one in his own opinion than to enter into arguments.”
― St. Therese of Lisieux 

lol

I just don't see how I am going to reach Sainthood with everyone continually pissing me off and insisting on acting like a bunch of wise asses, I really don't.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 8:38 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Sarai wrote:

If he ruins Bond I will cut off Rian's Johnson.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 10:09 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Frozen 2

Just adorable!

Sarai wrote:

I feel as though Sarai has become bitchcraft, bitchcraft has become Salome and Salome has become Ambler.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 10:18 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
Frozen 2

Just adorable!

Sarai wrote:

I feel as though Sarai has become bitchcraft, bitchcraft has become Salome and Salome has become Ambler.

laugh

I have always wanted to know who Ambler is because someone here thought I was her and I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 9:28 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
A hoot. As Southern-drawlin' private investigator 'Benoit Blanc', he's clearly enjoying himself.  

What is it about a southern accent that makes it appear like he is having 100x more fun than he ever does as James Bond?

He was also a hoot and a half as Joe Bang in Logan Lucky.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 9:37 am

Very true. Bond isn't really a part that allows much 'cutting loose', I guess.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 9:45 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Very true. Bond isn't really a part that allows much 'cutting loose', I guess.

Craig was known as a quirky character actor prior to Bond, so he probably felt at home letting loose for LUCKY LOGAN and KNIVES OUT after having become associated for Bond.

Anyway, KNIVES OUT is probably my favorite film of the year SO FAR, and I stress "so far" because the trailers that played before that look like they could potentially take that spot, but it'll be a tough one. Word is that Rian Johnson is open to doing a sequel because he had a lot of fun working on it with Craig. If he could pull it off a different Blanc murder mystery, I rather see him pursue that than the Star Wars spin-off trilogy he was offered by LucasFilm.

Speaking of Star Wars, some users on IMDb were review bombing KNIVES OUT with one star reviews early on, just calling a "rip-off of CLUE", which is just another way of saying "I haven't watched it, but I hated THE LAST JEDI so I'm going to give this unrelated film a bad review anyway".
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 9:52 am

It has already made back its budget just with the stateside release. So I would be very surprised if we do not get a sequel, if Johnson and Craig are both interested in one.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 10:06 am

Sarai wrote:

Chris Evans?
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 10:42 am

I find it hilarious how many people hate Rian Johnson for his Star Wars flick.

I don't even think he himself regards it very highly among the rest of his work, apart from the financial windfall it no doubt represented.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 12:36 pm

There is nothing a Star Wars fan hates more than a new Star Wars movie.

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 8:40 am

War Of The Worlds - felt the need to cleanse my palate of the recent, disappointing BBC adaptation with a well-done version. Spielberg conveys the panic, terror and destruction brilliantly (there's little of his traditional 'uplift' here) and Cruise is great as the ordinary guy caught up in extraordinary events.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 12:55 am

Charlie's Angels 2019

I got curious about this one as I often do with movies that flop so bad then cause a controversy and the reasons for that. I'll admit I too I did want to see it when I first heard about it and that Kristen Stewart was starring. It's hard to rank because it's typical Hollywood in so many ways and a remake of a remake. I can't really see that as a recipe for success and am not surprised it failed as people are so sick of remakes in general.

I did like it though despite all of this. It was rather generic with a b level Bond type plot and while the direction was OK for Hollywood it wasn't great. It lacked a certain punch in the action scenes..it could have used more action and the ones there were filmed much better. I absolutely LOVED Kristen in every scene she was in ..she was her usually quirky weird self, looked gorgeous and the rest of the girls were decent. I think it would have benefited if Kristen was in a few more scenes.  Patrick Stewart was his usual solid self.It did have a a fair amount of laughs that worked for me. It had a few plot twists that while not jaw dropping did work too and I didn't see it coming. Overall quite enjoyable for me but I can see others hating it or finding it underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 5:01 am

I might watch it in a decade or so.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 2:22 pm

I might watch it in a decade or so.

laugh

I really wouldn't recommend it. I just downloaded the 2000 version and will check it out today.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 2:36 pm

The Beguiled (1971)

it's known as Gothic horror but I found myself laughing through it all..like wth was he thinking?? lol

not even questioning his morals but decision making skills
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 1:29 am

Charlie's Angels 2000
No wonder guys like that movie and not the new one. the girls are half naked though out the entire movie. sexy costumes, bikini's, strip teases,dancing in their underwear, Lucy Liu in leather with the whip... take Khan to the theater to see something like that and he's going to be buttering everyone's popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Lizzie 2018 -starring Chloe Sevigny, Kristen Stewart

"A psychological thriller based on the infamous 1892 murders of the Borden family"

obviously dark and grim speculative plot line but overall not bad
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 11:47 am

Die Hard - one of my Christmas season viewing traditions. An absolute action classic.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Die Hard - one of my Christmas season viewing traditions. An absolute action classic.

I first watched that with relatives on Christmas years ago and was so negative about wanting to see it. Didn't want to see it. yay, 80's Hollywood blockbuster...my eyes were rolling out of my head before it even started. by the end I loved it and still do
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 4:55 pm

JT LeRoy (2018)

a truth is stranger than fiction type story, a true story with some really great acting by all involved
recommended if you want to see something a little bit different with characters to care about
9/10
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 5:32 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:

best avatar ever too thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched.
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next