More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+14
silvertoe
Blunt Instrument
Hilly
Perilagu Khan
Morland_Specials
Gravity's Silhouette
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Salomé
Santa
bitchcraft
Strangways&Quarrel
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Sarai wrote:
Charlie's Angels 2000
No wonder guys like that movie and not the new one. the girls are half naked though out the entire movie. sexy costumes, bikini's, strip teases,dancing in their underwear, Lucy Liu in leather with the whip... take Khan to the theater to see something like that and he's going to be buttering everyone's popcorn

It's fun but still nothing on the original series, aka Jiggle TV.

BI wrote:
Die Hard - one of my Christmas season viewing traditions. An absolute action classic.

Heh, gave it a watch after OHMSS, too. Yippee-ki-yay!
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 11:17 pm

"It's fun but still nothing on the original series, aka Jiggle TV."

I just found all seasons of it free online here so I will definitely give it a whirl.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 6:06 am

Could you pm me the link, Sarai? smile
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 7:26 am

Not sure if it will work down under as it's a Canadian TV site but sent to your PM. :)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 8:45 am

Sarai wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:
Die Hard - one of my Christmas season viewing traditions. An absolute action classic.

best avatar ever too  thumbsup

Thank you kindly.

And on Die Hard (also in response to KKBB/Fields) ... I watch the 2nd around this time too, it being also set at Xmas. Not as good, but still solid fun.

The wheels came off the franchise after the 3rd instalment ... I haven't even seen the 5th, by most accounts terrible. When you've reached the stage where you're aiming for an age rating that doesn't actually allow you to include the franchise catchphrase anymore because it has a 'strong' swearword in it, it really is time to stop.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 10:48 pm

The 2nd is on the list for me also.

Yes DH5 (A Good Day to Die Hard?) was woeful. As was 4.
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
'R'
'R'
Strangways&Quarrel

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 5:30 am

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

I think masterpiece is a term that is thrown about a bit much but if this film isn't quite that then it's pretty damn close. A beautiful and compelling tribute to old Hollywood with some really stellar performances, humorous moments, a great soundtrack plus a totally satisfying finale. Despite the length and most of it being on movie sets the film never had a dull moment to me and I never looked at the clock which is a rarity for movies this long. There isn't enough good things to say about the leads DiCaprio and Pitt, I also really liked Pacino in this film and glad to see him pop in a Tarantino film. This film while still definitely a Tarantino film felt like something very different. Something a bit more reflective on a certain time period. The scenes shown of Rick Dalton's westerns honestly would make for good features themselves if there were full versions and DiCaprio just doesn't give a great performance he gives a great performance within the performance and those scenes particularly when he's filming the western Lancer are compelling in themselves.

The Manson stuff was some of the earliest stuff known about the film and while they aren't a huge part until the finale they still leave an impression. Charlie himself barely shows up but Tex is a pretty creepy character as are the many Manson women. The Bruce Lee stuff while it ruffled some feathers was pretty funny and never can have enough Kurt Russell in a film. Overall a great film that hasn't got a thing I disliked.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 7:05 pm

Twilight (2008)

A rare big Hollywood smash hit for me because I actually like it, I love it. I love it more than I did the first time and love it more every time I re-watch it. I wish I could watch it everyday it puts me in such a happy mood but I don't want to wear it out. It starts with the look, the direction and the simplicity of the settings and really reminds me of where I live. It has more the feel of a Canadian TV show than typical Hollywood and these characters while having a supernatural element ring true for me. The lack of cynicism among the teens and adults in this movies is such a refreshing change of pace and all the actors are excellent in their roles. It is almost subversive in it's lack of 'edge' for a teen drama. The relationship between Bella and her father is as sweet as it as funny and it's definitely both. I love humor that isn't sarcastic or mean spirited. 

I don't even like love stories but I can't take my eyes off the screen here, I am glued to it whenever Bella and Edward are on screen together...what incredible chemistry and it is the most beautiful love story I have ever seen. 

.."it's like diamonds...you are beautiful.."

One of my favorite scenes and sums up how I feel about the whole movie....it's beautiful. She's beautiful ..she is the most charming, lovely adorable character ever written and played so perfectly by Kristen.She is Bella and it takes about 2 minutes of screen time at most for me to believe anyone would fall for her that hard, I did. The part where she think's something is wrong with her because he couldn't read her mind or where she is worried about his family liking her instead of being worried about being in a house full of vampires...it's those little things.It just makes so much sense that he follows her everywhere. Imagine being in his position and being so in love with someone that is so vulnerable from his point of view. It's things we normally have to push out of our minds but he can't. It's like being truly in love with someone, your whole soul connected to someone who is as delicate as a butterfly surrounded by a world of danger. I can't imagine where his mind must be at all times.
 It's a love story, part detective story, fantasy, family drama, vampires..it has it all. The humor is there and that baseball game just flat out rocks.  The love story is so simplistic but so intense, so real that if I didn't believe in love I would have after this movie. I can't count the number of times I had chills or tears in my eyes and that's not common for me at all.The part where she has to hurt her father's feelings to protect him.  The biggest moment has to be near the end where she is in the hospital bed and he is suggesting she should go away.
"..we can't be apart, you can't leave me, OK, you just can't say things like that to me.... ever..."
 I'm crying again thinking about it. We had to pause the movie at that part last night and walk it off a little bit before we could continue we were all crying so hard.
 The movie must have flaws somewhere but I really can't think of any. It makes me love the entire cast, the writer, director and the author of the books and even life a little bit more. Please Hollywood...make more movies like that.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 7:29 pm

Well, each to their own ... vampires too wussy to 'feed' from humans, lead actors who came to hate the franchise even before they'd finished making it - https://www.wmagazine.com/story/twilight-insults-robert-pattinson-kristen-stewart# - and the knowledge that the author was a Bible-thumper attempting to fill girls' heads with shit like terror of pre-marital sex and if you can't be with the guy who you're obsessing about as a teen then you might as well be dead all tells me that these movies ain't for me.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 7:26 pm

I was too young to see them when they first came out but I do remember the Twilight series and Harry Potter movies throwing grown adults into a real tizzy.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 7:29 pm

Across the Universe (2007)

"The music of The Beatles and the Vietnam War form the backdrop for the romance between an upper-class American girl and a poor Liverpudlian artist."

a musical based on the Beatles music..it sounds like a bad idea and I shouldn't really have liked it but I did. It's quite good. def a feel good film

Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 7:33 pm

nice to discover Dana Fuchs too that's a great voice
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 3:13 am

Unfortunately Sarai, I'm with BI on this one. Vapid nonsense, those films.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 4:32 am

3 From Hell

This is a difficult one to rank because people seem to either love these movies and the characters or hate them. I think overall most fans are going to be disappointed though and it feels like Zombies heart wasn't really in this one. The problem is not much happens, the plot is as thin as it get's and it's not made up for with style as that lacks too. There is too much sitting around in houses or hotel rooms with very little going on. The gore is there, the sleaze, the white trash humor but everything falls rather flat. I would guess that even if you like the first two you won't find this one even half as good. I give it a 5/10 due to Sheri Moon being so hot as usual but take that away and it offers very little. 
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Unfortunately Sarai, I'm with BI on this one. Vapid nonsense, those films.

My hopes are high for this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracula_(2020_TV_series)

Moffat and Gatiss have said that 'After the likes of Twilight and Angel, it's time to put the creepiness back into vampires' and 'It's about the attractiveness of the Devil, essentially'.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 8:14 pm

Byzantium (2012) was pretty good.
Let the Right One In
Martin (1978)
Nosferatu the Vampyre
Thirst
Daughters of Darkness

I like most of the Jean Rollin and Jess Franco ones too but they do tend to lean more on the erotic or sleazy side of things. great atmosphere in most of them though
Vampyros Lesbos will always be my favorite but it's not for everyone
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2019 10:20 am

Die Hard 2 - 'How can the same shit happen to the same guy twice?!?' says Bruce, all but turning to camera and winking.

Not quite up to the heights of the original, but good fun nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2019 10:45 am

Knives Out

Very enjoyable whodunnit, though also a tiny bit overrated by critics. But I also get why they are so enamored by it. After a year in which Disney movies and Marvel movies so dominated the box office, even just an old-fashioned murder mystery must feel like a welcome change.

DC's Southern accent is kind of ridiculous but I enjoyed how much fun he seemed to be having (and I wish he had managed to match that level of joy in his performance for any of his Bond outings).

Ana de Armas is delightful in the key role and this might be the movie that makes her a proper star.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 2:22 am

I just can't bring myself to support a film with such an accent from Cregg. I'll watch it when I can watch it for free.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 8:27 am

If it helps KKBB, when Chris Evans' character hears him for the first time he says 'What is this, CSI KFC?' laugh .

To another Rian Johnson flick -  

Star Wars : The Last Jedi - yes OK, this one divided the fandom and I agree some of the decisions are ... odd. But I mostly either don't mind, like, and sometimes really like what's in there *shrug*.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 5:46 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
I just can't bring myself to support a film with such an accent from Craig. I'll watch it when I can watch it for free.

The accent is silly, but it kind of works for the tone of the film which is mixed with a lot of humor. It's the kind of murder mystery that has the ability to laugh at itself a little and have some fun, and Craig's performance really reflects that sensibility.

Blunt Instrument wrote:
If it helps KKBB, when Chris Evans' character hears him for the first time he says 'What is this, CSI KFC?' laugh .

To another Rian Johnson flick -  

Star Wars : The Last Jedi - yes OK, this one divided the fandom and I agree some of the decisions are ... odd. But I mostly either don't mind, like, and sometimes really like what's in there *shrug*.

I pretty much like what TLJ did. It ranks third in the series, though I wouldn't call it perfect like the two films above it (A NEW HOPE and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK).

Whatever ones' feelings, this is a video worth checking out, as it touches on the controversial decisions TLJ made regarding Luke, the themes it was touching on.

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 5:52 am

So I watched the new (and supposedly final) Star Wars. Gotta say, thought it was OK. Granted, my expectations were rock bottom.

I'm still of the view that no post-ROTJ film has added any value, but if you're forced to sit through a pointless sequel you may as well be somewhat entertained.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Star Wars : The Rise Of Skywalker - for the most part I found it to be spectacular, thrilling, amusing, occasionally creepy and more than a little poignant. Enjoyed it rather a lot.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 6:12 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Star Wars : The Rise Of Skywalker - for the most part I found it to be spectacular, thrilling, amusing, occasionally creepy and more than a little poignant. Enjoyed it rather a lot.

I'm a bit disappointed with it but liked the visuals.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 2:05 am

I can't sit through either film since TLJ was so brutally awful. I'm hearing such mixed voices on Rise of Skywalker that I'm now somewhat curious but still care nothing about Disney Wars.

VII came out in 1991 and was called Heir to the Empire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched.   Last Movie You Watched. - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched.
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next