More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?

Go down 
+11
Walecs
Makeshift Python
Moore
silvertoe
hegottheboot
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
Sarai
CJB
Perilagu Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 1:35 am

silvertoe wrote:
Mmm, so you prefer to see Bond with size 18 feet and a red nose?..or perhaps doing Barbara woodhouse and luke skywalker impressions?...how about sweeping across the desert as Lawrence of arabia or even colonel klink?...as i said earlier all good fun but out of place in Bonds world, perhaps if they dressed Craig as Charlie chaplin you might give the films more kudos?...We are clearly worlds apart about how we want to see Bond portrayed,and that's fine,we all see things differently which makes for a more interesting forum IMO yes

Why is it that when one says they don't appreciate the faux-gritty tone and contrived nature of the Craig era that one immediately assumes that they're diehard fans of the polar opposite? Before Craig came along, the 70s was my least liked era. At best they're still fun and don't compromise Bond's character. The same can't be said for the current iteration.

What's also out of place in Bond's world is Blofeld being Bond's foster brother, Bond allowing Mathis' torture, Bond breaking into M's apartment for no good reason other than to be edgy, an anti-imperialist dressing down of Felix in QOS, blowing up embassies, etc. Where it fails here is that it demands we take this nonsense seriously. In the 70s, it was very well aware of the absurdity of Bond's world (and embraced it!) and didn't suggest this was a serious affair. How can it be? Even in the books, Bond's assignments can include bankrupting a villain at the tables, battling razor-edged-hat-toting henchmen alongside women named Pussy Galore, killing antagonists with bird dung, exploring Gardens of Death and the world of Voodoo. To force a gritty facade over that with politically unviable social messages alongside that is ludicrous.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 1:57 pm

Guess it's time to revisit this. I still intend to rewatch CR/QOS/SP leading up to it. Best thing about the NTTD delays is that it pushes back rewatching the three worst films in the series.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 2:31 pm

Just started my Bondathon. This time I'm not watching the movies in release order and I'm going for a random order instead (save for Craig era, which I'm saving for last). I will watch 1-2 movies per week.

Last edited by Walecs on Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 2:33 pm

Looking forward to reading your thoughts about the films again as you make your way through them, Walecs! smile
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:49 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
silvertoe wrote:
Mmm, so you prefer to see Bond with size 18 feet and a red nose?..or perhaps doing Barbara woodhouse and luke skywalker impressions?...how about sweeping across the desert as Lawrence of arabia or even colonel klink?...as i said earlier all good fun but out of place in Bonds world, perhaps if they dressed Craig as Charlie chaplin you might give the films more kudos? yes

Why is it that when one says they don't appreciate the faux-gritty tone and contrived nature of the Craig era that one immediately assumes that they're diehard fans of the polar opposite?

cheer thumbs up wink
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 10:54 am

Ah yes, not seeing that there might be a 'middle ground' was just one of Silvertoe's ... charms.  
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 11:56 am

I've always thought the great thing about the Bonds, is they can suit any mood. Feeling like a gritty adventure , There are Bond films that fit the bill. Just want to entertained for a couple of hours, Bond has that covered too
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 12:02 am

That's true, TP.

But perhaps moving forward, more care needs to be taken by Eon to craft both the grittiest and fluffiest in the series because they tend to have greatest flaws, in my opinion. Prior to the Craig era, the 70s was my least favourite decade for the series. Now it's this post-modern era.

1. 60s/90s
2. 80s
3. 70s
4. Craig's.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2021 6:42 am

I think I'll probably end up filling out my will before this movie ever get's released.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 8:48 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
Thunderpussy
Cipher Clerk
Thunderpussy

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 8:59 am

Instead of " knives out " they should try to get their " Fingets out " for a speedier turn around of films. At this rate the Indiana Jones series will catch up with Bond !
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2021 9:38 am

laugh

I think when Craig's agent said "Knives Out?" he said "yes please!" and held his wrists out.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 10:40 am

I enjoyed Knives Out. Hope the next one is more of a 'whodunnit' as opposed to a 'whydunnit', though.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 2:42 pm

is there are chance they erase the Brofeld angle? I don't care how sloppy or shoe horned in it comes out, just drop that from cannon
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 7:46 pm

No Time to Die Needs to Earn $900M to Break Even as the Most Expensive Jame Bond Movie Ever

https://movieweb.com/no-time-to-die-most-expensive-james-bond/
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 7:49 pm

I predict it won't come close to that. It might not exceed $500M.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 8:04 pm

I don't think so either. all box office seems to be way down
many sick of hollywood these days and the woke vs anti-woke drama surrounding everything
Spectre being so underwhelming
lots of reasons I don't see it happening
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 8:09 pm

Yes. And although Bond certainly hasn't fallen off of everybody's radar screen, it's been quite a while since SP and is getting longer every day. That won't help the box either.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 8:10 pm

I just hope the series doesn't go on hiatus like it did after LTK and DAD.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 8:16 pm

I dare say it already has. It's been six years since SP, and who knows when NTtD will actually hit the screens. Maybe a hiatus could be a good thing. The current anti-white maelstrom that has descended upon the West is not exactly propitious for making true James Bond films. Perhaps circumstances will be more favorable five years from now, although, alas, I don't hold out much hope.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 8:21 pm

Unfortunately I think you are right on all counts.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 8:46 am

Sarai wrote:
is there are chance they erase the Brofeld angle? I don't care how sloppy or shoe horned in it comes out, just drop that from cannon

I think the only avenue for this would have been to not have Brofeld return at all. Alas, he is back. Even if the character doesn't talk about the time 10 year old Bond gave him a wedgie or farted in his fruit loops or whatever, the whole stupid backstory will still be in the back of the viewer's mind.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 10:57 am

It certainly won't be gone from NTTD, as is evidenced in the trailers.

On the box-office ... there's speculation that the decision might be taken to further delay its release until next year, in the hopes that having it be the 60th anniversary film will improve its haul.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 12:03 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:

On the box-office ... there's speculation that the decision might be taken to further delay its release until next year, in the hopes that having it be the 60th anniversary film will improve its haul.

FMD. At least the actors will get the satisfaction of watching their much younger selves at the premiere.
Back to top Go down
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 12:28 pm

CJB wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:

FMD. At least the actors will get the satisfaction of watching their much younger selves at the premiere.

laugh silver lining

and something about China

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1474599/James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-release-date-delay-China
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?    How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How will you prepare yourself for No Time To Die?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next