More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Bond and North Korea

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Bond and North Korea Empty
PostSubject: Bond and North Korea   Bond and North Korea EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 9:50 pm

Recent posts have reignited thoughts on this. I exchanged some PM's with Fields relating to the story I was knocking out with Brosnan's Bond but mentioning about Korea.

Simply about how his time in North Korea affects him presently and long term.

Firstly, I think of Fleming's Bond. He went through a series of shit by the time Fleming died. He recalled friends in the service who had been tortured by the Gestapo for example (Goldfinger, I believe). He put himself through intense physical stress (OHMSS).

Then 'our' Bond, Brosnan's chiefly. Now in DAD he seems to shrug it off but I always suspect that it lingers in the recesses of his mind. Even Bond surely cannot shrug off fourteen months of torture and isolation. I'm not suggesting he turns into the Manchurian Candidate but surely post DAD, say if Brozzer continued, it could have lingered.

In short, would Bond -be it literary or cinema- be affected by it? Or should Bond just shrug it off? Or whatever?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Sarai
Head of Station
Head of Station
Sarai

PostSubject: Re: Bond and North Korea   Bond and North Korea EmptyFri Oct 08, 2021 11:04 pm

I like it being vague and ambiguous for the very reason it leads to thoughts and conversations like this among fans. I think if they fill in too many of the details one way or another they could easily paint the character into a corner.
and trauma is a strange thing that can affect us all quite differently, pain physically and emotionally is so individual
something that may really mess you up may not be all that hard for me and vice versa
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Bond and North Korea   Bond and North Korea EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 7:51 am

Fair to say he returns to the standard Broz-Bond persona very quickly afterwards. Safe to say the only lasting effect was a monster case of blue balls which Jinx promptly takes care of ("Now there's a mouthful...")
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Bond and North Korea   Bond and North Korea EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 12:01 pm

Although he does manage to resist Peaceful Fountains Of Desire previous to that. Fair play to him, not sure I could've.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond and North Korea   Bond and North Korea EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 3:31 am

He does try, BI. "Unless you really want to give me a massage?" colgate

Brosnan keeps it present. From the scenes in Hong Kong, to how he interrogates Zao in Cuba, to his scene with M underground, it certainly informs his relationships. He seems aptly pissed but he sees the bigger picture: MI6 is compromised and he puts it aside to solve it. Getting heavier on the booze, perhaps some flashbacks or use of Benzedrine wouldn't have gone astray.

Or perhaps Jinx is that good with a mouthful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bond and North Korea   Bond and North Korea Empty

Back to top Go down

Bond and North Korea
Page 1 of 1