More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Bond Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+12
Somerset
Perilagu Khan
Thunderpussy
Sarai
AMC Hornet
ScarlettStrength
Blunt Instrument
CJB
Moore
Hilly
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
hegottheboot
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 1:27 am

trevanian wrote:
That happened to me with APOCALYPSE NOW right around the time I saw the Redux version. It was one of my go-tos for a couple decades, and then I couldn't bring myself to watch anything except clips from it. What finally got my interest back was picking up a used copy of the CD ... listening to Sheen's narration got me fired up again, no idea why there was the hiccup.
Have seen that movie multiple times, and the only time I got a bit bored was when I watched that redux version. Just too long, the cut scenes were cut for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 1:30 am

Phantom Commander wrote:
I have experienced this with certain films myself. They mysteriously suddenly drop or rise in my esteem after a few viewings. I know why I feel that way, but why I feel that way at that particular time as opposed to before  is not always so clear.

Right. One's mood at the particular time of viewing doubtless plays a role in one's enjoyment, or lack of same. That said, when there is a trend in multiple consecutive viewings, as is the case with me and DAF, then the assessment is not a mere whim. Then again, perhaps I am changing as I age...
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 1:32 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:
I have experienced this with certain films myself. They mysteriously suddenly drop or rise in my esteem after a few viewings. I know why I feel that way, but why I feel that way at that particular time as opposed to before  is not always so clear.

Right. One's mood at the particular time of viewing doubtless plays a role in one's enjoyment, or lack of same. That said, when there is a trend in multiple consecutive viewings, as is the case with me and DAF, then the assessment is not a mere whim. Then again, perhaps I am changing as I age...
Aha, so there is nothing wrong with DAF. There is something wrong with your age.
So glad to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 1:33 am

trevanian wrote:
That happened to me with APOCALYPSE NOW right around the time I saw the Redux version. It was one of my go-tos for a couple decades, and then I couldn't bring myself to watch anything except clips from it. What finally got my interest back was picking up a used copy of the CD ... listening to Sheen's narration got me fired up again, no idea why there was the hiccup.

No idea, either. That is such a fascinating and heavy film. It's bound to repay multiple viewings. Slightly different from DAF, although DAF is also interesting in its own way.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 1:33 am

Phantom Commander wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:

Aha, so there is nothing wrong with DAF. There is something wrong with your age.
So glad to hear it.

Aye. Once you reach 56, it's just no use.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 1:41 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:

So glad to hear it.

Do not worry. What you lose in wordly matters, you can gain in spiritual matters.
Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 1gpeXS1JahIZRrABquxP8SVslWbouVPqH_grande
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 5:07 am

Phantom Commander wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:

So glad to hear it.

Do not worry. What you lose in wordly matters, you can gain in spiritual matters.
Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 1gpeXS1JahIZRrABquxP8SVslWbouVPqH_grande

Something you hope to find in your stocking? Perhaps that is the libation Bond uncovered in L'Americain in SP. Always wondered what it was.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 9:59 am

No, I lay off the spirit. I stick to beer these days.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 5:08 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:

So glad to hear it.

The age when Fleming died affects viewings ... hmmm ...
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 7:43 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
No, I lay off the spirit. I stick to beer these days.

I'm trending in the opposite direction. Almost to the point that only whisky interests me.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 7:44 pm

trevanian wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:

So glad to hear it.

The age when Fleming died affects viewings ... hmmm ...

Hm, indeed. Hadn't thought of it quite that way...
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 6:47 pm

SP

One of the more visually striking Bond films. The Dia de los Muertos imagery in Mexico City, the Rome funeral, the SPECTRE meeting, the Rome car chase (far more elegant than kinetic), L'American, and the crater lair--meteorite inclusive--are all visually delectable. I also like the humor in this one, particularly the Q/Bond interactions.

Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 4:12 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
SP

One of the more visually striking Bond films. The Dia de los Muertos imagery in Mexico City, the Rome funeral, the SPECTRE meeting, the Rome car chase (far more elegant than kinetic), L'American, and the crater lair--meteorite inclusive--are all visually delectable. I also like the humor in this one, particularly the Q/Bond interactions.  

Hoytema and his team did a great job on this one. I think all the Craig films look good, each in their own way.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 7:31 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
SP

Craig takes a lot of flak for being 'unBondian', but to me nicking Q's prototype Aston and leaving a bottle of chilled champers by way of apology is VERY Bond.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 4:01 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
SP

Craig takes a lot of flak for being 'unBondian', but to me nicking Q's prototype Aston and leaving a bottle of chilled champers by way of apology is VERY Bond.

Cheeky. Very, very cheeky.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 4:04 pm

LALD

It occurred to me that the Bleeker airplane chase was conceptually an almost identical chase to the Las Vegas streets-parking lot Mach I chase in DAF. Just done with planes instead of cars.

PS--In case you've forgotten, McCartney's title track is truly excellent. One of the best songs he ever wrote, and that's saying a mouthful.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 am

Good observation.

Also, just realised that Bond heads to the States two films in a row...
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 am

SPECTRE - 'Brofeld', Sam Smith's dirge and the odd piece of illogical plotting aside (Madeline being left to wander off alone after her and 007 get back to London following the destruction of Blofeld's base, for example), fairly solid middle-tier Bond.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

CJB wrote:
Good observation.

Also, just realised that Bond heads to the States two films in a row...

Don't know for sure, but I imagine the coordinators of the two chases were the same. Then again, maybe that's just the way chases were conceived back in the early 70s.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
SPECTRE - 'Brofeld', Sam Smith's dirge and the odd piece of illogical plotting aside (Madeline being left to wander off alone after her and 007 get back to London following the destruction of Blofeld's base, for example), fairly solid middle-tier Bond.

It's smack-dab in the middle of my rankings.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 11:23 am

It doesn't hit the heights of Skyfall, but it doesn't 'drop the ball' anywhere as badly as NTTD ends up doing.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 pm

I prefer SF slightly to SP, it is pretty close. They are both in the middle somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 11:51 am

For Your Eyes Only - 007 firmly back on Earth after Moonraker, and we get a superior Moore Bond as a result. Good action sequences, the 'cheesy' humour is kept under control for the most part, silkily urbane villainy from Julian Glover, a great ally in Topol, a beautiful AND believable leading lady in Carole Bouquet and a truly Cold War 'McGuffin' (and speaking of which, the 'That's detente, comrade ... ' ending here is just about perfect).
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 3:59 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
For Your Eyes Only - 007 firmly back on Earth after Moonraker, and we get a superior Moore Bond as a result. Good action sequences, the 'cheesy' humour is kept under control for the most part, silkily urbane villainy from Julian Glover, a great ally in Topol, a beautiful AND believable leading lady in Carole Bouquet and a truly Cold War 'McGuffin' (and speaking of which, the 'That's detente, comrade ... ' ending here is just about perfect).    

And I know I'm in the minority, but I love the Thatchers Coda, too. To me, one of the most hilarious moments in all of Bond.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 6:59 am

Have any British Prime Ministers been Bond-worthy since? I'd say not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Bond Movie You Watched.
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next