More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Bond Movie You Watched.

Go down 
+12
Somerset
Perilagu Khan
Thunderpussy
Sarai
AMC Hornet
ScarlettStrength
Blunt Instrument
CJB
Moore
Hilly
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
hegottheboot
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 11:01 am

There was Craig 'co-starring' with Her Maj in that 2012 Olympics opening ceremony bit. The head of state probably tops the PM, I daresay.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySun May 05, 2024 12:51 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:
For Your Eyes Only - 007 firmly back on Earth after Moonraker, and we get a superior Moore Bond as a result. Good action sequences, the 'cheesy' humour is kept under control for the most part, silkily urbane villainy from Julian Glover, a great ally in Topol, a beautiful AND believable leading lady in Carole Bouquet and a truly Cold War 'McGuffin' (and speaking of which, the 'That's detente, comrade ... ' ending here is just about perfect).    

And I know I'm in the minority, but I love the Thatchers Coda, too. To me, one of the most hilarious moments in all of Bond.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySun May 05, 2024 1:04 am

Over the past few weeks I've rewatched a number of films. Most of my opinions remain unchanged but will list a few observations below:

Octopussy:
I was never one completely drawn to Maud Adams in OP, but maybe because I'm closer to her age these days, I was utterly struck by her beauty.

Tomorrow Never Dies:
Bond and Wai Lin investigating and escaping the sunken Devonshire is one of the most claustrophobic, intense underwater sequences in any Bond film.

GoldenEye:
Natalya might just be the perfect Bond girl.

From Russia With Love:
While I've always rated Grant highly on the henchmen list, with each viewing I appreciate him even more.

Goldfinger:
Interesting to note how little we really know of Pussy Galore and her past yet she makes an impact like perhaps no other Bond girl. Reminds me of Wai Lin, in that she's efficient, vital to the film, a magnetic presence and there's a good bit of sparring with Bond. If Pussy's standout feature is her name, Wai Lin's is her fighting ability.

For Your Eyes Only
Said this before but it seemed more palpable this time: The hockey and second underwater sequences (where Bond and Melina battle it out with that other submersible) need to be cut from the film. Also, for as much as Melina is said to be sullen throughout the whole film (and I was one who felt that too) I actually found her to be a lovely, lighter presence this time round.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySun May 05, 2024 3:02 am

Good points on all counts.

Particularly agree about removing those sequences from FYEO. An otherwise solid gem that's far too bloated with action (and those are the exact two that I'd cut as well).
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptySun May 05, 2024 5:11 pm

The underwater Devonshire recce reminds me of Bond and Melina mucking about in the St. George. Both are very good scenes.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 12:56 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
The underwater Devonshire recce reminds me of Bond and Melina mucking about in the St. George. Both are very good scenes.

Bond and Melina recovering the ATAC and fighting that monstrous diver is indeed very good. Much of it I think is also made in the sound design (i.e. the heavy breathing). I just wish their underwater mission ended there. Kristatos and his men capture Bond and Melina anyway, so the sub vs sub sequence is superfluous and zaps the pace of the film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched.   Last Bond Movie You Watched. - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Bond Movie You Watched.
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24