More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The CB.n Thread

Go down 
+37
Vesper
saint mark
Stamper
Jack Wade
marketto007
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Blunt Instrument
David Schofield
Prisoner Monkeys
doubleoego
Triviachamp
Aris
Napoleon Solo
EyelessCougar
dodgecunningham
danslittlefinger
jaguar007
Santa
Hilly
Fae
Righty007
coco1997
CJB
clublos
Lazenby.
tiffanywint
Capsule in Space
Perilagu Khan
RobDudley
dalton
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Chief of SIS
Control
Gravity's Silhouette
Louis Armstrong
bitchcraft
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

The CB.n Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
I haven't posted on CBn for more than a year, but last time I clicked on my profile it suggested I'd made no posts at all. I'm a bit hurt as I think my work over there rivalled anything written by Bill Shakespeare.

See I thought you were quite prolific over there. Not that I ever spent longer than 5mins there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Well I think I made a few hundred posts though all evidence seems to have disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:00 am

If I was j7 I would consider this an Obama-Muslim conspiracy to eradicate you from CBn.

If I was j7.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:03 am

Well, nothing lasts forever. You should see Opper's face.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:15 am

David Schofield wrote:
I my case, no one even threatened me.
They probably did, but because of the aforementioned mix of cynicism and snark, you never actually realised Jim was threatening you.

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
I'm upset about having to share it with anyone, period. I liked having been the only person to be suspended/discharged/terminated from both sites.
Don't worry. Go over to AJB, and get yourself booted. I have no interest in joining that forum, so I'll never be able to match your expulsion record.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:23 am

What is this Cb.n ? :scratch:

Is that the place where everything is black, where the light never shines.

I think I visited once and couldn't see anything it was so dark.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:27 am

I thought AJB bit the dust?

Had to be the ugliest of the Bond fan sites.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:30 am

Well, if GS wants to be the first person to get kicked out of three Bond forums and thus reclaim his title of whatever it was before I equalled his record, he's not exactly spoiled for choice when it comes to Bond forums. Unless he wants to get himself kicked out of his one.
Back to top Go down
David Schofield
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
David Schofield

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:18 am

I decided to go over to CBn and take a look at it. The format is different; I see they've changed some things. But apparently they now have "warning points" listed in their profile. Seriously? Did I miss something?

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/topic/61338-warning-points/

In any event, whatever their use is or isn't, I have a feeling "Glidrose" will be terminated from CBn and will be a regular over here; nobody insults "Jim" and lives to tell about it, and he doesn't tolerate dissent, but at least he's now willing to admit he doesn't bother with warnings anymore.

Always seemed a good chap, Glidrose, with plenty of thoughtful stuff to contribute.

Be an asset here, and a big loss to CBN. Though they wouldn't notice that. They are in a chaotic, rather pathetIc state.

Last edited by David Schofield on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David Schofield
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
David Schofield

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:25 am

[quote="Prisoner Monkeys"]
David Schofield wrote:
I my case, no one even threatened me.
They probably did, but because of the aforementioned mix of cynicism and snark, you never actually realised Jim was threatening you.

quote]

Must have been remarkably subtle then, because, let's be honest, as soon as somebody starts to get conduct warnings on a website about something as silly and trivial as James Bond, then you don''t wait to be banned, you walk away immediately.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:44 pm

In any event, whatever their use is or isn't, I have a feeling "Glidrose" will be terminated from CBn and will be a regular over here; nobody insults "Jim" and lives to tell about it, and he doesn't tolerate dissent, but at least he's now willing to admit he doesn't bother with warnings anymore.
And yet, he's still better than James Page.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:53 pm

At least Jim's got a sense of humour. James Page is a later day Ellsworth Toohey .
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:16 pm

No one here feel like CBn has been deliberately run into the ground?
Back to top Go down
David Schofield
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
David Schofield

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:24 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

When you consider who they're outing - false-modesty aside - and the dross they seem to be happy to be left with, one does wonder...
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

You mean as a result of my brain drain?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:06 pm

David Schofield wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

When you consider who they're outing - false-modesty aside - and the dross they seem to be happy to be left with, one does wonder...

Precisely. I'm assuming Mr.Blofeld, Germanlady, and SecretAgentFan are still posting over there, and they were always starting personal attacks against people, and then when a moderator did not step in and call them out on their behavior, the person usually started defending themselves, as which point Jim would wander into the thread and decry the lack of civility, but only after allowing his pet dogs to have gotten in a few bites before tightening their leash.

My hunch is, without being able to recall specifically your posting style over at CBn, that you said things that Jim simply didn't agree with politically (and by "politically" I don't necessarily mean just who you vote for). It's not that you were saying things in a disagreeable way; he simply didn't agree with them at all and didn't want people exposed to your viewpoints (whatever they were). \

And despite what Sharky may think about Jim's humor, I never saw it. I thought he was falsely arrogant and loved to pretend to be 'above the fray' while minions such as Mr.Blofeld did his dirty work for him.
Back to top Go down
RobDudley

RobDudley

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:38 pm

They don't appear to be discussing any of you. Why give them the satisfaction of watching you obsess?

Let it go. You'll feel better. Because at the moment you're making it look like your loss rather than theirs.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:40 pm

RobDudley wrote:
They don't appear to be discussing any of you. Why give them the satisfaction of watching you obsess?

Just as none of us ever discuss you (we can't discuss your Bond-related/non-CBn posts because....well, there aren't any). So why do you insist on giving us the satisfaction of watching you obsess over us obsessing over CBn?

Quote :
Let it go. You'll feel better. Because at the moment you're making it look like your loss rather than theirs.

Yeah, like that's ever going to happen. Do your arms ever get tired from carrying CBn's water?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Rob's got nothing to do with Cb.n and Jim, Gravy. He came as an ex-MI6er disgruntled by the change.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:02 pm

Sharky wrote:
Rob's got nothing to do with Cb.n and Jim, Gravy. He came as an ex-MI6er disgruntled by the change.

Nonetheless, he only drops in to B&B to complain about us complaining about MI6 and CBn. Of 40 posts, you probably cannot find more than 5 that have been posted outside of this topic. So, in effect, he's carrying the water for CBn...or MI6...or whomever, even if they aren't expressly asking him to do so. He's not here to post about James Bond, and he doesn't like us talking about MI6 or CBn, so what exactly is his point in coming?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:05 pm

He's not here to post about James Bond, and he doesn't like us talking about MI6 or CBn, so what exactly is his point in coming?

The same reason as everyone else. Dog's arse, which is also the meaning of life.
Back to top Go down
RobDudley

RobDudley

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:07 pm

Sharky wrote:

Yep. I carry no water for either site. Just observing, really. Sorry if it riled; actually meant as a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:13 am

RobDudley wrote:
Why give them the satisfaction of watching you obsess?
Because you have to register with these forums in order to be able to see the content, and unless I'm very much mistaken, most of the usual suspects from either MI6 or CBn will be getting an invite.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:16 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
RobDudley wrote:
Why give them the satisfaction of watching you obsess?

Because you have to register with these forums in order to be able to see the content, and unless I'm very much mistaken, most of the usual suspects from either MI6 or CBn will be getting an invite.

M's had the forums open for at least a week or two now.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:40 am

Sharky wrote:
He's not here to post about James Bond, and he doesn't like us talking about MI6 or CBn, so what exactly is his point in coming?

The same reason as everyone else. Dog's arse, which is also the meaning of life.

^ This.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The CB.n Thread
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next