More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The CB.n Thread

Go down 
+37
Vesper
saint mark
Stamper
Jack Wade
marketto007
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Blunt Instrument
David Schofield
Prisoner Monkeys
doubleoego
Triviachamp
Aris
Napoleon Solo
EyelessCougar
dodgecunningham
danslittlefinger
jaguar007
Santa
Hilly
Fae
Righty007
coco1997
CJB
clublos
Lazenby.
tiffanywint
Capsule in Space
Perilagu Khan
RobDudley
dalton
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Chief of SIS
Control
Gravity's Silhouette
Louis Armstrong
bitchcraft
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

The CB.n Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:35 am

In Dog's arse we trust.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Ugh, Sharky with his convincing ways has lured me back over here. I believe it was something along the lines of "Hey, you should come stop by BAB again." How could I resist coming back?

As far as the CB.n thing goes, I still enjoy posting there because of the enthusiasm of most people so I won't wade too deep in those waters but I must say, I am glad to see some former removed members and look forward to continuing discussion with them here.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:44 am

Ah, crap. I just noticed that some guy over at CBn has written up a few ideas on what he thinks the plot of SKYFALL will be. They're eerily similar to stuff that I posted over there, but now that I'm no longer a member, he's claiming credit for it.

Also, bumping his post to get attention to it with "I just love this post of mine"? Someone needs a smack round the head, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:00 am

If it makes you feel better, it didn't look like anyone cared about the post. I remember I always used to give someone a hard time for not contributing anything new to the conversation. I can't recall whom it was but that ignorant "I just love this post" business is very annoying.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:06 am

Yeah. And at least when i did write-ups, people did tend to read and comment on them. I've also moved on, and come up with some new ideas.

I'm just annoyed that he's taking credit for things I came up with.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:29 am

It looks like Marketto just got himself banned from CBn (possibly having something to do with posting content that could get the forum shut down by EON). And not just banned, but completely wiped from the site, as if he was never there to begin with. univex isn't too happy about it, either.

Someone send them an invite to join BAB (if they're not already members).
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:40 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
It looks like Marketto just got himself banned from CBn... And not just banned, but completely wiped from the site, as if he was never there to begin with.

Is that place run by Stalin's nephew or something? laugh
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:00 am

Based on some of Jim's comments, something was posted on the boards that threatened the site's existence. And not in the way j7 posted things here that made Forum Motion take a closer look at what goes on here. Jim drew a parallel to 2002, when pages of the DIE ANOTHER DAY script were uploaded onto CBn, and the forum very nearly got shut down by EON. From what I gather, a similar thing happened here - it seems pages of the SKYFALL script (or something similar) were posted on eBay. The moderators took the link down to protect the forums, and Marketto might have been the one to post it (he did, after all, upload callsheets and character list a few months ago).

Of course, I'm just speculating. All of this happened four days ago.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Someone send them an invite to join BAB (if they're not already members).

Marketto logged on last night after the ban, so he'll be posting shortly.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Incidentally, I checked into MI6book last Friday for the first time in years and didn't notice any posts by Luds, St. George and dublo. Have they flown the coop, or was my scan just too cursory?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Just had a look, and couldn't find them either. Just Dimi, Smythe, Samuel and Benny.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:33 pm

I wonder if they're posting on some other Bond site, or have given up posting on Bond altogether? I'm beginning to feel like the last of the Mohicans.

:|
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:19 pm

How many people have been banned on CB.n since Jan. 1, anyway?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:29 pm

I count:

- Prisoner Monkeys
- Righty
- David Schofield
- Marketto

Might be others.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Jim's defence:

Quote :
In relation to this member:

Comparisons between this situation and moderating disagreements / bad temper don't work. In the latter case, one has to see whether it's a genuine disagreement or a genuine misunderstanding and initial perceptions of humour or bad temper / winding up are often not immediately borne out. Sometimes much can be lost (or perceived to be found) in translation.

This is different - the member posted a link to pages of the Skyfall script. That isn't a perception - it's an inalienable fact. One doesn't post here by accident. It was either a deliberate or a reckless act. The member must have taken a decision to do this, in the face of a previous incident posting call sheets and the requirement to remove them.

For those who query the value of ten years' presence on the site, I query it too. It's no secret and has frequently been brought up during the past decade that there was serious - extremely serious - trouble for us in 2002 and that incident has pretty much shaped the exceptionally cautious approach we have taken for the past ten years, to the extent that it is a defining characteristic of the site. Anyone ignoring that chooses to do so out of spite, or total disregard for the site and its members or is spectacularly thick, or a combination of all three. The last ten years must have meant something, surely? it's not so much the value placed on one member of however many years' standing that's the issue; it's the colossal disregard for the interests of the site and the membership as a whole that troubles me. Ten years on the site and one would have expected more of someone with only ten minutes on it. Mutual trust and confidence, surely, and some accountability for one's own behaviour?

One notes that the member concerned has not posted the material on its own site, preferring (it would seem, be it by design or incredible foolishness) to put this site and its interests at risk rather than its own. Just don't like the look of that at all, although I fully accept it's a perception and not a reality and one must maintain the distance between the two.

Upon the perceptions of ego, again that would appear to be a salient point: the member, apparently keen to post this, posted under its own username account. Granted there's an argument that if deviousness and disruption were intended, it would have done so under a proxy, which could lead one to the conclusion that this is most gently perceived as an (another) act of the most overwhelming stupidity but nothing more sinister. However, that the member has since attempted to reactivate / rejoin under markedly similar usernames doesn't indicate much contrition or a desire not to be applauded by some anonymous typing for finding out some stuff about something which at the end of all our long lives we will probably regard as a film we might well have seen. There are more serious consequences than not looking at nice, encouraging messages from random usernames; we can for a start do without a ten year anniversary revisitation of the nasty, discouraging messages from those whose property this is.

The opportunity - and capacity - for all members to continue posting must outwieigh the reckless desire of one to expose us to risk.

This member was not the only one who sought to post the link. These others have gone too.

Those who decry the action, I don't mind. Pause to reflect upon your continuing opportunity to do so. I am far happier that you type your messages about this action and your views of me and the stance taken than not being able to at all.

The final point is on the action taken. Couple of things here - given the disregard to the incident with the call sheets, does anyone really believe a quiet word would actually have worked? How many more times would the risk be ignored in the pursuit of trite applause? Not evidently setting a record of paying any attention to amusing other than posting things. What happened here is pretty much the unholiest of unholies in what one can do on this site - ban. Others have, as has been noted, been banned for far less.

On the wiping of the record, that's a mechanical matter - for whatever reason since the forum update the only moderation tool I can seem to find is one that relabels all a transgressing members' posts as spam, hence you can't see them. If in due course that can be worked around then if there's enough interest by that stage I suppose posts could be reinstated but - be in no doubt - due to this insanely selfish and ignorant act, the member will not be.

Forum policy, bottom right hand corner of the screen, worth a re-read if you need to.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:07 pm

Sharky wrote:
Jim's defence:

If anyone else had written what Jim had, I probably would have given them the benefit of the doubt. But I've seen Jim throw away good posters and let bad ones linger around like a case of gonorrhea that simply won't go away, so I have zero sympathy for the position he thinks he's found himself in. Power has gone to his head. He's sick, like Stalin!
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:16 pm

He's a long-winded sumbitch.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Incidentally, I checked into MI6book last Friday for the first time in years and didn't notice any posts by Luds, St. George and dublo. Have they flown the coop, or was my scan just too cursory?

Oh god. No one send an invite to Luds.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:31 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:

no SG's still there linking his blog as always.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:38 am

The CB.n Thread - Page 10 1stalin-airbrush

"I has marked him as spam."
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:56 am

James Page: "Dublo, St. George, Luds? Never heard of 'em. Order the latest issue of Mi6 Confidential Magazine today!"
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:28 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
If anyone else had written what Jim had, I probably would have given them the benefit of the doubt. But I've seen Jim throw away good posters and let bad ones linger around like a case of gonorrhea that simply won't go away, so I have zero sympathy for the position he thinks he's found himself in. Power has gone to his head. He's sick, like Stalin!
To be fair, Jim can't just give long-standing members a get-out-of-jail-free card simply because they're long-standing members. Newcomers to the boards might see that and figure that if a long-standing member can post content like the script pages without getting in trouble, then they can post script pages without getting in trouble. And since EON's stance is very clear on this - they threatened to shut the boards down for a similar incident in 2002 - they could well use that to have the CBn forums shut down. And Jim is right when he said that Marketto didn't somehow post those script pages by accident. He knew what he was doing.

Still CBn's loss is our (potential) gain.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:57 am

Someone get Luigi Ferrari over here, too. He's a wealth of information on SKYFALL and clearly unhappy with CBn right now.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:08 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Someone get Luigi Ferrari over here

I'm offensive and I find that Italian.
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Sorry, reposting my question whether Marketto was reinstated on CBn. I now see the answer.

Last edited by Napoleon Solo on Wed May 09, 2012 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The CB.n Thread   The CB.n Thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The CB.n Thread
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next