More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie you Watched?

Go down 
+36
Blunt Instrument
GeneralGogol
j7wild
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Salomé
Gravity's Silhouette
Klown
bitchcraft
6of1
Prince Kamal Khan
dalton
Tubes
Jack Wade
Fae
G section
Loomis
tiffanywint
Mr. Trevelyan
Hilly
00Twelve
saint mark
Louis Armstrong
Seve
Makeshift Python
trevanian
Control
Ravenstone
Fairbairn-Sykes
Santa
dr. strangelove
The White Tuxedo
HJackson
Manhunter
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:41 pm

You're a true gentleman, Sharkster.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:10 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
She's shit, as well, but I thought everyone knew that.

People play off that Hendricks is something special. If that rack ain't being put to work, then she's useless.

Did you see her on FIREFLY?
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:38 am

I disagree, Hendricks is great. Then again it seems to suddenly be popular around here to dislike anything and anyone from any film or television show not at least twenty-five years old.

Last edited by Fairbairn-Sykes on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:39 am

Wrong. She's 36.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:40 am

Sharky wrote:
Wrong. She's 36.

Edited my statement to clarify -- she's only been acting since around 99, and what I meant was that anything newer than the mid-eighties in terms of media seems to be the target of high cynicism and distaste all of a sudden around here.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
00Twelve
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
00Twelve

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:02 am

Can't believe I've gone almost 30 years not seeing this, but finally had the lovely privilege of seeing

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTDj3VV1Es2ed8vLpiDmSrT3gUKSJ80uZTxwrtejxcOiZi_P-nvQ

Dude. That was an amazing scifi horror experience, and hovers not far below ALIEN for me in that genre. Really got into the paranoid implications of what it might mean for one's close friend to either be their friend, or a thing that's going to eat them when their back is turned. Also, Diabetus-fightin', Quaker Oats-eatin', insurance-sellin' Wilford Brimley is just a badass in this movie. I hate that I never saw it earlier; it's gonna be a near-future Bluray purchase, guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.felixleiter.com
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:13 am

trevanian wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
She's shit, as well, but I thought everyone knew that.

People play off that Hendricks is something special. If that rack ain't being put to work, then she's useless.

Did you see her on FIREFLY?

She's excellent on FIREFLY. I'd mentioned that if the show had gone on, I'd say ditch Inara and bring Saffron aboard.

As for Jones? Not a tramp. Ice queen bitch. Be careful, it may freeze and break off.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:16 am

00Twelve wrote:
Can't believe I've gone almost 30 years not seeing this, but finally had the lovely privilege of seeing

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTDj3VV1Es2ed8vLpiDmSrT3gUKSJ80uZTxwrtejxcOiZi_P-nvQ

Dude. That was an amazing scifi horror experience, and hovers not far below ALIEN for me in that genre. Really got into the paranoid implications of what it might mean for one's close friend to either be their friend, or a thing that's going to eat them when their back is turned. Also, Diabetus-fightin', Quaker Oats-eatin', insurance-sellin' Wilford Brimley is just a badass in this movie. I hate that I never saw it earlier; it's gonna be a near-future Bluray purchase, guaranteed.

Love it. Some great lines, too. Creepiest main ever theme to me.

Have you seen the 1978 remake of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS? If you like ALIEN and THE THING, see that one too.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:24 am

I agree that Hendricks was good in Firefly, but a few guests appearances are hardly enough to properly evaluate her as an actress. Mad Men presents us with a far larger sample. Based on that, she's merely adequate at her job in that series.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:26 am

Some people are better in different roles. Well, everyone is better in particular roles. In terms of actors. From what I've seen she's a good actress. Good enough to work a lot, and very attractive. Beyond just her boobs.
Back to top Go down
Klown
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Mulligan is a great actress. I've never watched Mad Men, but Hendricks was used perfectly in Drive, I'd say. The cynicism about it is stupid and regressive, as are most posts on this forum, really.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:21 pm

I don't know where you're criticism is coming from, I'm actually looking forward to the prospect of seeing "Drive".
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:21 pm

Klown wrote:
The cynicism about it is stupid and regressive, as are most posts on this forum, really.

Typical teenage scum. Thinks the world came into being on the day he was born.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:35 pm

Late in the day but finally caught up with X-men First Class thursday last, its a fun ride albeit rather more a 'Magneto origins movie and recruiting ad' than an X Men film, pretty much every character has to bend over and take whatever Magneto chooses to insert.

The film does benefit from some good performances, nicely judged humour, a brisk pace and a cool 60's vibe (even down to some thunderbird style effects (pre Bond Meddings)) to elevate it above the norm. The contrived and excessive climax does tend to undermine the deeper themes the X Men usually allude to however. 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:51 pm

lachesis wrote:
Late in the day but finally caught up with X-men First Class thursday last

I enjoyed Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence, though for quite different reasons.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:58 pm

How would you feel about Fassbender as Bond, Ambler?

I'm actually surprised you watched that X-men movie, what inspired that?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:02 pm

Fassbender might make a terrific Bond. He's one of very few actors who interest me at the moment.

X-men? Put it down to my mid life crisis.

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:11 pm

I didn't really think it was all that great beyond the performances of the two leads.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Klown wrote:
Mulligan is a great actress.

Yeah, and what are her great roles?

Don't list AN EDUCATION.

Klown wrote:
The cynicism about it is stupid and regressive, as are most posts on this forum, really.

Regressing to what, exactly?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:58 pm

I still cherish Klown/Auric's dismissal of Hitchccok as a moron.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:02 pm

He was right about Tarantino though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Must have been after my time. What did The Wise One have to say about QT?
Back to top Go down
Klown
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Sharky wrote:
Klown wrote:
Mulligan is a great actress.

Yeah, and what are her great roles?

Don't list AN EDUCATION.

Klown wrote:

Regressing to what, exactly?
blah blah films aren't as good as they used to be blah blah
Mulligan is terrific in Shame, and yes, An Education, too. I've also heard very good things about her in Never Let Me Go
Erica Ambler wrote:
I still cherish Klown/Auric's dismissal of Hitchccok as a moron.
what? i'm a big fan of Hitchcock. you're probably thinking of someone else

and i'm further confused about the appraisal (whether ironic or not) of my opinion about Tarantino. I'm somewhere in the middle, as I consider Basterds a masterpiece, yet have less time than most for Pulp Fiction
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:08 pm

Klown wrote:

blah blah films aren't as good as they used to be blah blah

I've never said that. I just look past the hype that most poor sods get sucked into.

You want us to become a bunch of brain dead optimists like over at Empire Online, Sir Miles?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:11 pm

It was The Birds you disliked, Oh Wunderkind. Objected to my suggestion that you might have missed the subtext.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie you Watched?
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next