More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie you Watched?

Go down 
+36
Blunt Instrument
GeneralGogol
j7wild
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Salomé
Gravity's Silhouette
Klown
bitchcraft
6of1
Prince Kamal Khan
dalton
Tubes
Jack Wade
Fae
G section
Loomis
tiffanywint
Mr. Trevelyan
Hilly
00Twelve
saint mark
Louis Armstrong
Seve
Makeshift Python
trevanian
Control
Ravenstone
Fairbairn-Sykes
Santa
dr. strangelove
The White Tuxedo
HJackson
Manhunter
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah I agree that SHADOW has problems, but I love it anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Seem to recall old Smythe at the old place was fairly keen on The Shadow.

At least it's got Alec 'God' Baldwin in it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:11 pm

Yes, the Major and I shared a keen appreciation for the film ;)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
Yes, the Major and I shared a keen appreciation for the film ;)

Quite :) I'm sure yours is keener than the Major's shall we say :D

---

I did see earlier The Man Who Would Be King

Jarre's opening music aside key to this film of course is Caine/Connery. Their on-screen chemistry is something and holds it together right up to the end with one of the movies finest moments, Connery on that bridge singing.
And yes Christopher Plummer's in it though I suppose he's neither here nor there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:36 pm

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2 (2010)
directed by Tod Williams

I didn't even plan on watching this the entire way through. I just flipped it on real quick because I wanted to see the bikini-clad Katie Featherston in the pool show off her incredible rack....but hey, I ended up watching the whole thing. Director Tod Williams heightens the scope of the film by adding multiple stationary cameras that are placed all around the house, which is nice because it freshens up the formula a bit. But, in return, it makes the mood of the film less intimate and less claustrophobic than it's predecessor. The pacing here is also a little goofy. At points, the editing makes the narrative kind of fragmented and jumpy, and the film never feels like it's building towards anything big. In general, the film isn't nearly as unsettling or atmospheric as the original, but I still think it's a worthy sequel that's good fun.
7/10

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 Katie_featherston_pa2_ioaXL8d.sized
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:14 am

I enjoyed what I saw of the THE SHADOW pretty well because of the cast, but I didn't care enough to jump back on. Might see the rest at some point. Maybe if PAM gets naked in it?

Rear Window (1954)

I finally got the joke at the end, "I don't want any part of her." For some reason it never clicked for me, probably because I never quite caught what she said and never bothered to rewind and switch on the subtitles at that point.

I love how Hitch directs the traffic in this one. The shots, the camera moves, how the actors move within the frame. It's like a dance. I find that more interesting than the story. laugh And you've got the whole buffet of human relationships to look at. The film is almost perfectly timed, at least in my eyes. Every beat is just right, the dialogue is the right length and rhythm, the camera always in the right place. This movie is like a film class.

I don't know who my favorite male character actor is, I have too many, but I know who my favorite female one is: Thelma Mother Fucking Ritter. That woman is a force of nature on the screen. She's just awesome in everything I've ever seen her in.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:18 am

Did some Googling, and found out Katie Featherston's single...

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 Katie_Featherston_actress
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:24 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I tried watching THE SHADOW from 1994. Wow, that movie just doesn't work. laugh Got about 20 some odd minutes in, after Baldwin drops off Penelope Ann Miller. I got distracted and paused the thing, but when I came back I just didn't care enough to see the rest. Nice cast, but the thing just... doesn't work at all. Pity, I like Baldwin, Miller, Boyle, Winters, etc. I didn't get to McKellen yet. What an odd cast.

That Miller was a classy dame in the day, though.

Speaking of odd casts, has anyone seen HEARTS OF THE WEST? It's gonna be on TCM. It's from 1975 and stars Jeff Bridges, Andy Griffith, Donald Pleasence, Alan Arkin, and Blythe Danner. :shock: The synopsis is: An aspiring western novelist in thirties Hollywood becomes a low-budget cowboy star.

I'm recording it! laugh

I hated it in the theater (the bridge near the beginning looked like a high school play) but it is okay on the tube every once in awhile. Really nice matte paintings in it. If you can, get up to McKellen being hypnotized by the billboard ... it looks EXACTLY like young William Shatner!

On that topic, saw Shat's THE CAPTAINS doc. Brooks seems pretty damned crazy, or he was doing the whole interview as a con job.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:36 am

Powerful Goldsmith score too, I''ll add.

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:37 am

Sharky wrote:

I'd say she's double.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:40 am

Sharky wrote:
Powerful Goldsmith score too, I''ll add.

I liked what I heard of the score.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:40 am

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

On the big screen. Heaven.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:54 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

On the big screen. Heaven.

Bastard.

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 Nca_f8
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:46 am

Carrie (1976)

Most fucked up part? I might go with Piper Laurie's cruxifixion/orgasm. Even I thought that was messed up, though I thought it was brilliant.

The prom massacre, oddly enough, didn't really phase me as much. The build up to it did a lot more for me because of the feeling of dread that I had, knowing what would happen.

I thought a lot of it was quite affecting. Sissy Spacek is wonderful. Piper Laurie is a pyscho, latching on to the Bible when all she really wants is a penis in her. Religious sexual neurosis on overdrive.

I thought the film did a great job on making stuff like the prom seem like... no joke intended... life and death. Because in high school it really is life and death. That's why these asshole go to school with guns.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:37 am

REC - Spanish 'shakycam' horror in which a 'fly-on-the-wall' TV documentary crew are filming with a team of firemen and go with them on an emergency call-out to an apartment building, where it quickly becomes clear that something Very Nasty Indeed is going on.

Eh ... this is basically (to steal one of the review quotes from the cover) Blair Witch meets 28 Days Later. I jumped a couple of times and some of it's quite unsettling, but ... it makes the fairly basic mistake (IMHO) of having a lot of stuff happen in quite brightly-lit rooms, which dials the scares WAY down for me. Also, it has a 'let's look in the attic' moment and some use of night-vision camerawork, both vastly over-used horror cliches.

Average.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 5:33 pm

FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED (1969, dir. Terence Fisher)

Freddie Jones' creature is the heart and soul of this flick, and his plot of revenge against Frankenstein is the most compelling bit of this meandering flick. If only the film had made more of it.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Sharky wrote:

Hands off, Sharky. She's mine! 8)

I just sent her a friend request on Facebook. She hasn't accepted yet, but unfortunately, her profile says that she's in a relationship. :x
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:09 pm

Chocolat

Gawd, I'd love a shop like that. I love cooking, but I particularly love cooking things that people eat purely for pleasure. I'd love the time and money to spend cooking up loads of different chocolate sweets and desserts. But also lots of main courses, cakes, snacks.

I love cooking, as long as it's interesting. It's a bloody expensive hobby though, and you need a family of about 15 to make it worthwhile. So I don't cook anywhere near as much as I'd like.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 11:42 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
Chocolat

Gawd, I'd love a shop like that. I love cooking, but I particularly love cooking things that people eat purely for pleasure. I'd love the time and money to spend cooking up loads of different chocolate sweets and desserts. But also lots of main courses, cakes, snacks.

I love cooking...

enough said, you're welcome at my house any time
:cheers:
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:11 am

Winnie the Pooh 2011

5/5

Yes, I have little toddler kids, can you tell?

santa
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:20 am

dr. strangelove wrote:
Sharky wrote:

I just sent her a friend request on Facebook. She hasn't accepted yet, but unfortunately, her profile says that she's in a relationship. :x

And quite a profile she has.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:47 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
dr. strangelove wrote:
Sharky wrote:

And quite a profile she has.

I'd like to make an entry.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 3:51 am

I like to leave a deposit with her!
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 11:44 am

Anonymous (2011)
Dir. Roland Emmerich

Ludicrous and kinda batshit, but also quite amusing and entertaining. The cast is largely exceptional, the script moves in an engaging and justifiably complex manner, and even the digital cinematography has some splendour. I don't buy anything the film's selling from a conspiracy point of view, and I don't see how anyone in their right mind could, but the theory itself generates enough drama to provide a very solid foundation for a bit of hokum like this. It's Shakespeare in Love meets Amadeus by way of Cecil B. DeMille, to be reductive.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Seve wrote:

enough said, you're welcome at my house any time
:cheers:

And that's before he's sampled my lamb in port and redcurrant sauce.... laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie you Watched?
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next