More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?

Go down 
+7
Phantom Commander
Control
bitchcraft
GeneralGogol
Largo's Shark
6of1
j7wild
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 6:50 pm

Oyster. Hideous texture and taste, like salty phlegm. Actually spat it out.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 7:30 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Oyster. Hideous texture and taste, like salty phlegm. Actually spat it out.

Never had the courage to try one. Doubt I ever will.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 12:44 pm

Not a huge fan either, but I can tolerate them in Bloody Mary shots or dipped in seafood/cocktail sauce.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 5:01 pm

CJB wrote:
Not a huge fan either, but I can tolerate them in Bloody Mary shots or dipped in seafood/cocktail sauce.

Are there oysters along Oz's coastline? Perhaps the southern coast, which, I gather, is fairly cool.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 7:29 am

Galway in the ROI has an annual Guinness and oyster festival. They may be more palatable with a few pints of the black stuff to accompany them.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 11:41 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:

Are there oysters along Oz's coastline? Perhaps the southern coast, which, I gather, is fairly cool.

Yes, South Australia and Tasmania in particular.

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Galway in the ROI has an annual Guinness and oyster festival. They may be more palatable with a few pints of the black stuff to accompany them.  

That actually sounds like a good combo. The malty, bread-like Guinness as a counterweight to the fishy oysters.

On a related but random note, McDonnells curry sauce must be the most underrated chip accompaniment around.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:54 pm

CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Blunt Instrument wrote:

That actually sounds like a good combo. The malty, bread-like Guinness as a counterweight to the fishy oysters.

On a related but random note, McDonnells curry sauce must be the most underrated chip accompaniment around.

You might like currywurst. It is sliced German sausage accompanied by ketchup adulterated with curry powder--and maybe a few other seasonings--accompanied by chips. Sounds a bit odd, but it's quite good.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 11:16 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Blunt Instrument wrote:

You might like currywurst. It is sliced German sausage accompanied by ketchup adulterated with curry powder--and maybe a few other seasonings--accompanied by chips. Sounds a bit odd, but it's quite good.

Sounds right up my alley. Adore just about all German/Central European food. Bratwurst, jaegerschnitzel, sauerkraut, schweinshaxe... scheiße, I'll have it all.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 4:56 pm

CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Blunt Instrument wrote:

Sounds right up my alley. Adore just about all German/Central European food. Bratwurst, jaegerschnitzel, sauerkraut, schweinshaxe... scheiße, I'll have it all.

Agreed. The wurst shall be first! Alas--and I don't know what it's like in Oz--but Mitteleuropean restaurants are almost nonexistent in my corner of AINO. If I want that kind of food, I've got to cook it myself, and I certainly do from time to time.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 9:35 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Blunt Instrument wrote:

Agreed. The wurst shall be first! Alas--and I don't know what it's like in Oz--but Mitteleuropean restaurants are almost nonexistent in my corner of AINO. If I want that kind of food, I've got to cook it myself, and I certainly do from time to time.

Thankfully, there's a handful of options around for me.

A most underrated genre of cuisine in my view, criminally overshadowed by Italian, Thai et al (not that I don't like those too).
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 3:59 pm

CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Blunt Instrument wrote:

Thankfully, there's a handful of options around for me.

A most underrated genre of cuisine in my view, criminally overshadowed by Italian, Thai et al (not that I don't like those too).

Well, it's just not sexy and exotic enough for the trendmeisters who rule our roost. Ultimately, central European cuisine is rib-sticking peasant food--unless you get into the high cuisine of Vienna--and that stuff just doesn't cut the mustard...so to speak.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 12, 2023 9:58 am

Slavic cuisines get overlooked for similar reasons. Hearty peasant grub by and large. Different enough to Anglo 'meat and potato' fare but just not exotic enough.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 12, 2023 6:26 pm

CJB wrote:
Slavic cuisines get overlooked for similar reasons. Hearty peasant grub by and large. Different enough to Anglo 'meat and potato' fare but just not exotic enough.

Made shchi--Russian cabbage soup--once and it was one of the most involved, labor-intensive things I ever cooked. Delish, but I was too worn out to enjoy it properly.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 9:19 am

Shchi seems to get thrown around a lot - not literally one would hope - in the Russo-Ukrainian soup wars now that the latter has had their claim to the (probably superior) borsch recognised by the UN.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 3:53 pm

CJB wrote:
Shchi seems to get thrown around a lot - not literally one would hope - in the Russo-Ukrainian soup wars now that the latter has had their claim to the (probably superior) borsch recognised by the UN.

We've alredy had the Boer War, why not the Borshch War?

Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 752dc7beedca6bfa949138a6c70dfe0f
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 1:19 pm

Now there's an iron curtain...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?   Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strangest/Grossest food you'd ever eaten?!?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2