More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight

Go down 
+3
Somerset
CJB
Perilagu Khan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight Empty
PostSubject: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 7:41 pm

This here's the spot for general discussion of the culinary arts and gustatory pursuits. It's a topic near and dear to my heart--and stomach--as I would think it should be for all Bondheads.

Dinner at Perilagu's palace tonight will be Welsh rarebit--a beer-and-cheddar sauce over rye toast--and asparagus braised in broth, butter, oregano and rosemary. Should make for a square meal.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 9:32 pm

Bloody hell, that sounds good. Have yet to try Welsh rarebit but might have to give it a crack.

Last night’s dinner was beer and lots of it.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 4:46 pm

If you've got the right kind of beer, what more could you need?

Tonight it'll be salmon coated in chili powder and crushed pecans, pan fried and surmounted with a lime cream sauce. Not sure about the side dish just yet.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 4:50 am

Hopefully the topic is not confined to dinner: I went for a very Bondian breakfast this morning. Scrambled eggs with a slab of bright yellow butter melted in, thick sourdough toast with home-made marmalade, and a big cup of (very) black coffee. Could've used some figs.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 4:15 pm

Green figs, specifically. And Turkish yogurt.

Going out for dinner tonight, not sure where.

Last night was pan-fried trout wrapped in jamon (Spanish ham) and served with a sauce comprised of olive oil, sherry vinegar, guajillo pepper, garlic and Italian parsley. Accompanied by baked potato wedges spiced with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 5:51 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:

Last night was pan-fried trout wrapped in jamon (Spanish ham) and served with a sauce comprised of olive oil, sherry vinegar, guajillo pepper, garlic and Italian parsley. Accompanied by baked potato wedges spiced with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
I can tell you are a connoiseur of the finer things in life.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 6:50 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

I am. And that is one of the reasons James Bond appeals to me so much. He is an aesthete par excellence.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 7:03 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

I am. And that is one of the reasons James Bond appeals to me so much. He is an aesthete par excellence.
True. Him and Hannibal Lecter.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 8:38 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

True. Him and Hannibal Lecter.

Ha ha! Thank you very much!

laugh
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 11:22 pm

If breakfast talk is permissible (it is the best meal after all), then it was a bagel with ‘everything’ seasoning, New Zealand smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onion, and capers.

The taste of Noo Yawk, only I didn’t get mugged.

For dessert, I probably need a mint.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 8:33 am

CJB wrote:
If breakfast talk is permissible (it is the best meal after all), then it was a bagel with ‘everything’ seasoning, New Zealand smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onion, and capers.

The taste of Noo Yawk, only I didn’t get mugged.

For dessert,  I probably need a mint.
Sounds lovely. I melted butter in a pan, fried me some bacon, eggs, onion and tomatoes, spread it over slices of bread and added a little mustard. First had a slice of ginger as an aperitif, and finished the meal with a lime. Weekends are the only days I do eat breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 11:34 am

I do like smoked salmon, but I don't think I could handle it for breakfast (especially not with onion and capers in the mix too).
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 6:08 pm

I rarely eat breakfast, but my favorite is biscuits and sausage gravy, a thick slice of fried ham, hash browns, black Sumatran coffee and grapefruit juice.

Tonight's dinner will be something of an oddity: a cheddar cheese ball with crackers and mango chutney. Still trying to think up a side dish and am open to suggestions.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 11:12 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
Weekends are the only days I do eat breakfast.

I try and at least get some fruit in during the week, but likewise, only get a chance for 'proper' breakfasts on the weekend.

Blunt Instrument wrote:
I do like smoked salmon, but I don't think I could handle it for breakfast (especially not with onion and capers in the mix too).

Ain't for everyone. Mind you, 100+ years ago our ancestors would've sooner eaten a whole trout for breakfast over sugary cereal and milk and the other stuff that became mainstream breakfast food in the last few decades.

Perilagu Khan wrote:

Tonight's dinner will be something of an oddity: a cheddar cheese ball with crackers and mango chutney. Still trying to think up a side dish and am open to suggestions.

First thought would be some kind of tomato and jalapeno salad. Something bright, tangy and fresh to offset the richness of the cheese.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 11:18 pm

Also a question to the coffee-drinkers here: do you have a preferred brewing device/method?

I've previously tried Chemex but never really mastered it. Don't really have the patience for it (brewing time and clean up). Also dabble with Turkish coffee which is pretty idiot-proof, but it only produces an espresso-sized portion and not the proper mug of Joe I usually want.

Considering giving the French press a go.

Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 11:43 pm

I use a Corningware percolater that retailed in in stores between DAF and LALD. Connoiseurs may scoff at percolaters, but mine makes a proper cup, and it couldn't be a whole lot easier to use and clean.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 12:13 am

A lot of people who fancy themselves coffee snobs proceed to drown their coffee in weird pseudo-milk made by squeezing nuts and oats, so take no notice. wink

Personally, I've never scoffed at American-style percolator coffee and consider it no worse than the Nespresso/pod coffee just about every household here uses.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:30 pm

Tonight it's Tijuana pork burritos, which is chunks of pork that have been marinated in a chipotle-based sauce and then cooked. You put the pork, along with shredded lettuce and guacamole on warm flour tortillas and do what comes naturally.

There'll be a radish salad on the side.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 3:10 pm

Bulgogi tonight. This is a Korean dish made of beef strips briefly marinated in soy sauce, tons of garlic, sesame oil, crushed red pepper, black pepper and scallions, and then broiled and served over rice. (Doubtless a favorite of Oddjob's although sub cat for beef.)

Steamed broccoli florets to accompany.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 6:17 pm

Coq au vin Alsacienne and braised asparagus tonight.

This chicken dish is one my mom made from my very earliest days and I still make it today. Skinless, bone-in chicken breasts are sprinkled with lemon juice, salt, pepper and thyme and then browned in olive oil. A sauce is then made with butter, chicken broth, white wine, bay leaf and mushrooms. The chicken is then baked in the sauce and served over rice. There are few things more delicious than this.

Last edited by Perilagu Khan on Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 11:56 am

Nuthin' like a rich helping of C.A.V. with baguette for mop-up duty.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 3:40 pm

CJB wrote:
Nuthin' like a rich helping of C.A.V. with baguette for mop-up duty.

That's right. I always make extra sauce just to be mopped up at a later date. Usually the next day. It's liquid gold.

Tonight is just plain old ground beef tacos and Ranch Style Beans.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 3:06 pm

Italian fondue tonight. Fontina, mozzarella, permesan, garlic and white wine with Italian bread and a green salad.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 10:37 am

Hot Honey Dough Balls, BBQ Beef pizza (with garlic butter dip for the crusts) and raspberry sorbet with chocolate gelato last night. With a 660 ml bottle of Peroni.

In other words, I went to a pizza restaurant last night.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 3:50 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Hot Honey Dough Balls, BBQ Beef pizza (with garlic butter dip for the crusts) and raspberry sorbet with chocolate gelato last night. With a 660 ml bottle of Peroni.

In other words, I went to a pizza restaurant last night.  

Ah. On a healthfood kick, then...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next