More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight

Go down 
+3
Somerset
CJB
Perilagu Khan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 3:15 pm

Farfalle with a sauce of olive oil, garlic, prosciutto, walnuts and sage. Incredibly delicious.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 5:33 pm

Homemade chicken pot pie tonight. Broccoli florets instead of those dastardly peas. Grated parmesan in the chicken-and-vegetable stew to add a bit more zest.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 4:24 pm

Havarti-and-dill fritters, grilled vegetables with a romesco sauce. Denmark meets Spain. Cheese-lovers of the world, unite.

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 Style-2012-11-bad-bond-bond-franz-gq
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 1:00 pm

One of the most under-appreciated cheeses out there.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 3:51 pm

CJB wrote:
One of the most under-appreciated cheeses out there.

Don't know about Straya, but it's quite popular in AINO.

Tonight is linguini with a Lazio sauce comprised mainly of olive oil, fresh diced Roma tomatoes, diced hot yellow peppers, kalamata olives and parmesan. Mos' flavorsome.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 8:23 pm

Tonight it'll be a New York strip, grilled over pecan wood and then finished with Creole vin de marchand sauce. I'll also have sauteed mushrooms and a couple of glasses of a decent Bordeaux.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2023 4:05 pm

Whale of a meal last night. It was another pecan-grilled NY strip, but instead of vin de marchand, I created a blue cheese crust with blue cheese crumbles, fresh bread crumbs, minced chives, olive oil and garlic. This one stays in the rotation. Also had a baked potato with lots of butter and sour cream, and a slice of pecan pie. The wine was a 2016 Chateau Bouscasse'.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 4:07 pm

Indian grub tonight. Aloo suva, which is cubed potatoes fried with hot peppers, dill and lemon juice. Will also pick up some roti, which is an Indian flat-bread.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 23, 2023 1:01 am

I cook about 80 percent of our meals, but there are certain especialities of the house--not stuffed sheep's head--that the wifey makes. Hungarian chicken with egg noodles, and green beans on the side, is one of them. An excellent dish, and it's nice to have the night off.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 23, 2023 4:51 pm

Tonight it's a dish I cadged from an AINO Italian chain called Carino's. The dish is sausage skilletini, and it's comprised of a basic marinara sauce that has been augmented by bell pepper and onion and Italian sausage, and you then add cooked spaghetti to the sauce and lightly fry it in an iron skillet. My version is easily the equal of the original, if I do say so myself.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 24, 2023 3:52 pm

Tonight is another restaurant rip off--specifically, Bell Burgers, late of Taco Bell. Very simple--just picadillo, shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar, diced tomato and taco sauce on a bun. A taco burger, in other words.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2023 5:42 pm

Cream of herb soup, made with scallions, spinach, Italian parsley, basil, tarragon, nutmeg and a splash of port. Half a baguette with butter on the side.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 4:06 pm

Penne lisce with a paprika sauce tonight. 2016 Chateau Les Combes to drink.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 4:03 pm

Paneer curry and probably an Indian flat bread of some sort tonight. And a glass of prosecco.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyWed May 03, 2023 4:00 pm

Good ol' pork fried rice tonight. Probably pick up some wonton soup and egg rolls to go along with it.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyThu May 04, 2023 3:52 pm

Spaghetti pie tonight. Basically this is spaghetti that is baked with bacon, eggs, mushrooms, red bell pepper, white wine, mozzarella and Asiago. It could be a good breakfast dish, I imagine.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyFri May 05, 2023 7:20 am

Yes, as long as the white wine is just in it and not accompanying it too. Hehehe.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyFri May 05, 2023 2:08 pm

Can't say I've ever heard of spaghetti pie, but sounds like something Italian purists would get upset about!
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyFri May 05, 2023 4:38 pm

I have no idea what the origin of spaghetti pie is, but it's probably a Yank thing. I don't think genuine Wops cook eggs with pasta all that often. Regardless, it's pretty tasty.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptySun May 07, 2023 9:32 pm

Tonight is a very savory North African dish called chicken couscous. The couscous themselves are extremely tiny pearls of pasta, over which is ladled a chicken stew that contains, in our case, potatoes, mushrooms and celery, and is seasoned with saffron, cumin and Italian parsley, among other things. You also stir a generous portion of harissa, which is a hot pepper paste strongly inflected with caraway seed, into your individual servings.

This dish, incidentally, is one of Mrs. Khan's specialties. I cook at least 90 percent of our suppers, but tonight I get the night off.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 1:42 pm

Lazily cooking for myself tonight, so had scrambled eggs followed by a generous glass of single malt.

Fleming would be proud... I think.
Back to top Go down
Maeve Horton
'R'
'R'
Maeve Horton

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 1:47 pm

I hope you used 9/10s of a block of butter as stipulated in Fleming's James Bond Scrambled Eggs recipe? smile
Back to top Go down
https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com/
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 3:53 pm

It's no wonder Ian snuffed it at the age of 55, wot. Ah well. He lived his life to the full, just as did his creation. I can respect that.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyTue May 09, 2023 2:36 pm

Simple meal tonight. A sub sandwich comprised of turkey, bacon, mayo, spring mix, American cheese, tomato, and olive oil spiced with garlic, oregano and basil. Also, a pot of Lipton's chicken noodle soup, which I've loved for as long as I can remember.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 EmptyWed May 10, 2023 2:41 pm

Basic fondue tonight, with a side of asparagus braised in butter, rosemary and oregano.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next