More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight

Go down 
+3
Somerset
CJB
Perilagu Khan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 1:38 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
This barbarian likes wine with his, as a takeaway from my preferred local spot tends to be a weekend thing.

I can only apologise.

A crisp lager like Tsingtao is my go-to for Chinese grub.

Some soju (yes, I know it's Korean) doesn't go astray either as a... I dunno, palate cleanser.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 3:49 pm

Soju--isn't that the Japanese gin Bond used to massage a cow's back in YOLT, the novel?

At the opposite end of the spectrum, I'll be having chili cheese dogs and tater tots tonight. Scrumptious.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 1:24 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Soju--isn't that the Japanese gin Bond used to massage a cow's back in YOLT, the novel?

Don't recall. Seems like a waste of good gin, unless a cow rubbed in Hendricks yields a better steak...
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 2:49 pm

CJB wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Don't recall. Seems like a waste of good gin, unless a cow rubbed in Hendricks yields a better steak...

Actually, that's just the idea. The Japanese have some strange notions, although they supposedly do produce the best beef on the planet. Wouldn't know. Not willing to pay 50 bucks a pound for a steak.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 5:37 pm

Tonight is a sandwich I call the Nuvolari.

It contains sopresatta, salami, fresh mozzarella, Roma tomatoes and pesto on a sub roll.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 10:35 am

Sounds like a sandwich worthy of Tony Sorpano (or at least it would be with capocollo/'gabagool' thrown in).

And yes, you're quite right vis a vis Japanese wagyu.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 4:18 pm

There's a renowned Italian deli in Montgomery, Texas called Tony's. Never been there, but I've heard great things. At any rate, I've copied several of their offerings and incorporated them into my repertoire.

Tonight it's Chinese walnut chicken. May have some hot-and-sour soup and egg rolls to go along with it.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 3:00 pm

Cheese ravioli with a tomato sauce seasoned with allspice, rosemary and basil. An olive-and-celery salad. A Texas red wine called Tre Colore' by McPherson Cellars.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 9:47 pm

The muffaletta. This is a Creole sandwich of ham, salami, cheese (provolone, in this case), and olive salad on a loaf of Italian, French or sourdough bread. The key is the olive salad. I put kalamata olives, green olives, garlic, scallions, celery, olive oil, malt vinegar, hot yellow peppers, hot paprika, oregano and celery seeds in mine. Mos' refreshin'.

Almost forgot--the Khantessa will make New Orleans tater salad to go with the muffaletta.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 11, 2023 5:40 pm

Pulled pork. It's in the pit right now on an 8-hour voyage to smoky goodness. Also some leftover tater salad, and perhaps some cole slaw. Mid-June is pretty much the height of the barbecuing season in these parts.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2023 3:41 am

A very mild winter's day made yesterday a prime bbq'ing day. Steaks and sausages, nothing outrageous.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2023 2:54 pm

CJB wrote:
A very mild winter's day made yesterday a prime bbq'ing day. Steaks and sausages, nothing outrageous.

Nice. What kind of sausages do y'all have in Oz?

Tonight I'm having trout fried in a pearly meal coating--this is another creole dish--and fried okra. My cardiologist is stewing away as we speak.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 9:50 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
CJB wrote:

Nice. What kind of sausages do y'all have in Oz?

As I recall, on this occasion we had a medley including lamb & rosemary sausages and some thick Italian pork numbers (the late Silvio B would be proud, no doubt).
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 3:54 pm

A Lithuanian dish tonight. Basically, it's a frittata with bacon, mushroom, onion, red bell pepper and cheddar, served atop rye toast.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2023 3:38 pm

Dominican spaghetti. Dominican as in Republic, not the monastic order. Basically, it's just a marinara sauce adulterated with a Latin-American spice mix and combined with sliced franks and diced red and green bell pepper. It's a bit on the sleazy side, but oh so delish.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 7:22 am

Nothing wrong with a bitta sleaze now and again. Hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2023 3:57 pm

Used to be a candy bar called Bit-o'-Sleaze. Belay that. Bit-o'-Honey, it were.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 7:21 pm

One of my favorite Chinese dishes tonight--kung pao beef. One the spicy side and boasts peanuts as one of its ingredients.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 18, 2023 4:41 pm

Shahi Paneer--an Indian cheese curry. Creamy and flavored deliciously with saffron. Some naan, roti and rice-and-spinach to go along with.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 24, 2023 3:52 pm

Grilled New York strip with a blue cheese crust tonight. Not sure what I'll have with it. Hard to go wrong with a baked pertata, of course, but I'd like to try something different. There'll be plenty of red wine to drink, though. That's for sure. And perhaps a martini and a whisky and water. Might watch TND afterwards.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 1:47 pm

Steak, booze, and Bond sounds like a winning combo.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 25, 2023 4:27 pm

CJB wrote:
Steak, booze, and Bond sounds like a winning combo.

No doubt. However, I watched Saving Private Ryan instead. And along with the steak, baked tater and booze, I had a grilled hot link. Y'all can't know this, but a hot link is a spicy, finely ground sausage popular in Texas and Louisiana. I saw a hot link served with a steak at a local Messkin restaurant and thought it sounded like a good combo. It was. I'll do that again.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 7:18 am

Have encountered link snags in "Texas style" barbecue joints. Go well with brisket, mac n' cheese, corn bread, and Kentucky's golden nectar.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 26, 2023 3:50 pm

Sausage is a staple in Texas cue joints. However, you'll rarely see hot links in them anymore. The sausage in barbecues is likely to be coarsely ground, all-beef links, moderately seasoned and smoked. Often jalapenos and cheddar will also be incorporated in them. Sausage-making is big in Texas--especially Central and South Texas--because of German and Czech settlement there in the middle- and late-19th century.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 2:55 pm

Linguini with a Greek meat sauce tonight. I suppose what makes it Greek, as opposed to Italian, is the spices. It's got, among other things, allspice, cinnamon and clove in it. There'll be a green salad, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next