More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight

Go down 
+3
Somerset
CJB
Perilagu Khan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 10:13 pm

Nothing from Luxembourg, but both Belgian and Dutch beer this evening. Hope I am not poisoned .
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 4:05 am

German and Japanese beers are the best.

Wonder if those two countries have ever teamed up for anything interesting.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 2:48 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
both Belgian and Dutch beer this evening. Hope I am not poisoned .

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 Sheriff+J.W+Pepper+-+Louisiana

If one side of the fam'ly don't git him, the other side sho' will!
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 2:50 pm

CJB wrote:
German and Japanese beers are the best.

Wonder if those two countries have ever teamed up for anything interesting.

Heh heh. Gotta hand it to the Krauts--they taught the whole world how to brew beer. Not only the Japs, but the Chinks and the Messkins, too.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 2:52 pm

Carne guisada burritos tonight. Basically lean beef chunks stewed--similar to chili, but less spicy--and then served, along with grated cheddar, on warm flour tortillas. This is the best in Mexican comfort food.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2023 11:29 pm

Cuisine from east of the Oder Neisse line last night.

- Rich pork lard smeared on rye bread
- Borsch (but spelled with an inordinate number of C's and Z's)
- Pork schnitzel with boiled potatoes and a cucumber and sour cream salad
- Sobieski vodka
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 5:13 am

CJB wrote:
Also a question to the coffee-drinkers here: do you have a preferred brewing device/method?

I've previously tried Chemex but never really mastered it. Don't really have the patience for it (brewing time and clean up). Also dabble with Turkish coffee which is pretty idiot-proof, but it only produces an espresso-sized portion and not the proper mug of Joe I usually want.

Considering giving the French press a go.

Suggestions?

I went the other way, from French press to Chemex, and I've not looked back.

I made the switch probably five or six years ago but I seem to remember the French press requiring slightly more cleanup than the Chemex.

Chemex being: just lifting paper filter into trash plus rinse/wash the glass flask. With the French press, you have the grounds pressed into the bottom of the glass pitcher which have to be broken up to come out, the pitcher itself, then also the filter screens on the plunger. (It's really not much but I think it's slightly more time consuming).

Brew itself is a bit less active work than the Chemex, as you can walk away for the 5 minutes or so that the grounds are steeping, but overall I'd bet the time on the clock would be about the same.

I do think there is a difference in taste so it's probably worth trying out just to see if you prefer it.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 4:14 pm

CJB wrote:
Cuisine from east of the Oder Neisse line last night.

- Rich pork lard smeared on rye bread
- Borsch (but spelled with an inordinate number of C's and Z's)
- Pork schnitzel with boiled potatoes and a cucumber and sour cream salad
- Sobieski vodka

Gott im Himmel!

Sobieski vodka is my go-to, incidentally. Polish vodka is the best, much like Beluga, north of the Caspian...
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2023 4:15 pm

I'll be having Tunisian meatball soup tonight. Lots of harissa, garlic and mint in this soup.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 9:31 am

Somerset wrote:

I do think there is a difference in taste so it's probably worth trying out just to see if you prefer it.

I think mastering the Chemex requires a bit of patience. Lot of variables like ground size and water temperature at play. Alas, I lacked the patience.

I am interested in trying the French press method at home (not that I haven't drank it previously - relatively common in European hotels and tastes just fine to me).

Perilagu Khan wrote:

Sobieski vodka is my go-to, incidentally. Polish vodka is the best, much like Beluga, north of the Caspian...

I tend to agree, caveat being that I prefer whisky generally. Wyborowa is also acceptable.

Russian vodka is just... harsher. Stolichnaya is OK (though technically produced in the Baltics I believe).
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 5:29 pm

CJB wrote:
Somerset wrote:

I think mastering the Chemex requires a bit of patience. Lot of variables like ground size and water temperature at play. Alas, I lacked the patience.

I am interested in trying the French press method at home (not that I haven't drank it previously - relatively common in European hotels and tastes just fine to me).

Perilagu Khan wrote:

I tend to agree, caveat being that I prefer whisky generally. Wyborowa is also acceptable.

Russian vodka is just... harsher. Stolichnaya is OK (though technically produced in the Baltics I believe).

I drink less vodka than I used to. More whiskey and gin these days. Not that my liver notices the diff.

Tonight will be pan-fried red snapper fillets topped with a lime vinaigrette. This is a recipe from Baja. Yes, BAAAA-ha! Alas, no bomba surpreeze for dessert, only French fries to accompany.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 10:20 am

Joining in the Mexican fun with pork tacos, featuring enough jalapeños to put hair on ya chest.

Which reminds me that I should get 'round to making jalapeño poppers one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 5:27 pm

Open-faced turkey sandwiches tonight, and broccoli florets poached in chicken broth and then sauteed in olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper.

These sandwiches are typical diner fare on AINO's East Coast. You just make a thyme-and-garlic-seasoned sauce whose base is chicken broth, heat the thick-sliced deli turkey in that sauce, and serve it over Texas toast that has been...well...toasted.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 5:56 pm

PK,if I ever become a billionaire, remind me to hire you as my chef.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 8:45 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:

You've got yourself a deal.

So, how close are you to becoming a billionaire?
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 4:55 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:

You've got yourself a deal.

So, how close are you to becoming a billionaire?
Just a billion to go.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 6:15 pm

Linguini with pecan pesto tonight. It's a basic pesto sauce with pecans instead of pine nuts, and maybe a bit heavier on the nuts than most pesto recipes.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 5:09 pm

Oven barbecued salmon. This is a rather unusual dish. You make an ordinary BBQ sauce, and then adulterate it with tamarind, garam masala, cumin and powdered Kashmiri red pepper, brush it over salmon filets and bake until done. You then sprinkle it with minced cilantro and mint and drizzle with lemon juice.

It's not bad.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 4:14 pm

Steaks grilled over pecan wood and then topped with a roasted onion sauce. Baked taters (lots of butter and sour cream) and a pinot noir to wash it all down.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2023 3:26 pm

An Italian spinach-and-rice soup tonight, made with arborio, spinach, a little garlic and a touch of ancho chile.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2023 8:29 pm

Frito pie tonight. Bag of Fritos covered with Wolf Brand Chili, extra-sharp cheddar, diced white onions, and maybe some pickled jalapeno slices. This is trash food, but it's undeniably delish.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 7:25 am

Your own take on chilli nachos, Khanners!
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2023 4:15 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Your own take on chilli nachos, Khanners!

Wisht I could take credit, Blunts, but this is a traditional Texas dish that dates back to the 50s or earlier.

Tonight I'll be having capellini with a sauce made of Roma tomatoes, bacon, mushrooms and white wine. The recipe is from the NY Times--possibly the only decent thing ever to have stemmed from that loathesome rag--and it may be the best pasta sauce recipe I've ever tasted.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 4:03 pm

Chili dogs in blankets tonight. You simply butterfly frankfurters, place American cheese and diced Hatch pepper in the incision, wrap the franks in crescent roll dough, and bake until golden brown. Spread some mustard on these puppies, and you're good to go.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2023 5:08 pm

Gumbo made with chicken, andouille, ham and file' powder tonight. Creole cole slaw, too. Looking forward to it, mightily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight   Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Food, Drink and What's for Dinner Tonight
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next