More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Adele to record new Bond theme

Go down 
+15
Jack Wade
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
j7wild
Lazenby.
saint mark
Makeshift Python
Gravity's Silhouette
Fort Knox
Hilly
Salomé
dr. strangelove
Chief of SIS
Perilagu Khan
Largo's Shark
jet set willy
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

Adele to record new Bond theme Empty
PostSubject: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Adele has started writing the new James Bond song, it has been reported.

The British songstress is working on a theme tune for the next movie in the iconic spy franchise, currently titled Bond 23.

Adele took a week off from touring recently due to a chest infection. It was during this time that the 23-year-old began penning lyrics for the track.

Thanks to her incredible chart success with her latest album 21, the song will be a strong contender to feature in the new movie.

"Adele is the obvious choice to record the next Bond theme,' a source told British newspaper The Sun. 'The last few songs for the spy movies have hardly set the charts alight. After her success this year filmmakers know the song is almost guaranteed to be a huge hit."

The singer will team up with producer Paul Epworth for the song.

Paul has previously worked with Cee Lo Green, Plan B and Florence and the Machine.

Adele has had huge success with her albums 19 and 21, both of which are autobiographical.

Stars including Sir Paul McCartney, Shirley Bassey, Alicia Keys, Madonna, Tina Turner and Carly Simon have all lent their voices to Bond songs in the past.

The next instalment will be directed by Sam Mendes and sees Daniel Craig reprise his role as the suave British spy.

The movie is due out later next year.

http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp? ... emID=44533
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:01 pm

If she isn't working with the composer, how will the song be integrated into the score?

Here we go again....
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:09 pm

Is this Adele broad any good? Never heard of her and never heard her toons that I'm aware of. And most important, does she rap?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Sharky wrote:
If she isn't working with the composer, how will the song be integrated into the score?

Here we go again....

Exactly what I was thinking when I read this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Wait a second....

Just perusing that article -

Quote :
"Adele is the obvious choice to record the next Bond theme,' a source told British newspaper The Sun. 'The last few songs for the spy movies have hardly set the charts alight. After her success this year filmmakers know the song is almost guaranteed to be a huge hit."

Where is EON's confirmation of this?
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Sharky wrote:
Wait a second....

Just perusing that article -

Quote :

Where is EON's confirmation of this?

It's not there. Duh. Some guy at 'The Sun' just watched her interview with Jonathan Ross and said, 'Yup! Let's make that a story.'
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Sharky wrote:

Here we go again....

I don't quite follow you, Sharky. If she's writing and recording now, why wouldn't Arnold (or whoever) be able to work the the theme into the score? Obviously, it'd be better to have the composer write the tune so it'd be a more seamless integration into the score, but seeing how they're getting a pretty big head-start on the song and knowing that the score is usually the last thing to go into a film, I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be enough time for the composer to hear it and work it in.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:44 pm

dr. strangelove wrote:
I don't quite follow you, Sharky. If she's writing and recording now, why wouldn't Arnold (or whoever) be able to work the the theme into the score?

You're right. Obviously White sent some material to Arnold, since you can hear elements of the song in his score. I guess Arnold would have included more, if it was a more lyrical song.

Though for some reason, with TND and DAD, Crowe and Madge and their co-writers didn't want to share anything. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Am I the only person who finds her massively, annoyingly overhyped?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:51 pm

I very much doubt it. Personally I've never listened to her stuff and likely never will.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm

I don't like the idea of the song being disconnected from the score if any of these Adele reports are true.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Salomé wrote:

I think the industry has overexposed her. Like I said in another thread, there was a time not too long ago where I'd hear "Rolling in the Deep" at least three or four times on the radio on my 45-minute drive home from work. So yeah, I find her exposure a little annoying, but I think she's a pretty talented musician, especially compared to her pop-singer counterparts. A few of my musician friends saw her in concert a few months ago and said she was really spectacular.

Hate her new song "Someone Like You", though. Talk about generic pop-piano shit.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:48 pm

She couldn't possible do worse than Wheys.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:57 pm

dr. strangelove wrote:
Salomé wrote:

I think the industry has overexposed her. Like I said in another thread, there was a time not too long ago where I'd hear "Rolling in the Deep" at least three or four times on the radio on my 45-minute drive home from work.

I can beat that. I turned on the radio not long ago and her song was playing simultaneously on three different Top-40 radio stations in the Atlanta market.

Maybe she's overhyped, maybe not. But she's talented, which is more than I can say for Britney Spears and most of the rest of what passes for music these days. She not only has undeniably great vocals, but she's also unique in that she's not being forced to sell sex or starve herself to be a size 2 in order to push record sales.

I wouldn't be averse to her doing the song, but they need to give MUSE a shot as well. MUSE wants it and they'd be great at it. There's room enough for MUSE, Adele, Grace Potter and The Nocturnals, etc...let's have an album with multiple artists.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:41 pm

I have never heard of her but then again with a few exceptions I do not listen to any current music today so I'm out of the loop more often than not.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Met too, MP. Basically gave up on pop music back in '92. And every time I chance to hear a modern pop tune I'm confirmed in the decision I made 19 years ago.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:54 pm

She s actually quite a refreshing sound after years of the same shit over an over again.

I would prefer a strong vocalist over the average stuff we did get over the last 4 007 movies.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:07 am

Can't deny she has a good voice, but my praise can't really go any further than that, and I'm dreading just another production line Bassey clone song if she gets the job, not to mention yet another possibility of very little or none of the song being incorporated into the score. I'd hope for more effort in the wake of not only John Barry's passing but also the 50th anniversary. Arnold, if you're "composing" the score for this film, then make some bloody effort to at the very least get access to the song (though please feel free not to write it) before composing the score, prove to us why you're still in the job.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:24 am

who? what? when? why? how? che?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:47 am

Agreed about the Bassey clone thing. EON do something less predictable and have it integrated into the score.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:26 am

how about a real star like Lady Gaga?

if Madonna can do it, Lady can too!
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:34 am

I'm really not familiar with her either. EON should get some talent, and hopefully it turns out alright.

I liked the idea of Jack White and Alicia Keys doing the song for QOS because they did some good work before and it seemed interesting they would work together for it. But man, that turned out to ATROCIOUS. Where the fuck did that go wrong? Again, B23's song better not be cursed.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Sharky wrote:

Here we go again....

I'd usually agree with this, but for Quantum of Solace, the score was relatively better than Keys/White's song.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:53 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Sharky wrote:

Here we go again....

I'd usually agree with this, but for Quantum of Solace, the score was relatively better than Keys/White's song.

Hardly diifficult, though neither were of a sufficient standard for the franchise, and I've no real reason to expect any better next time around. The studio will select the artist, while Arnold does his usual extremely ordinary thing. Listening to the music in the older films really exposes probably the biggest weakness of the last two films, which I was otherwise very happy with. Why don't they make more effort with the music anymore?

Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adele to record new Bond theme   Adele to record new Bond theme Empty

Back to top Go down

Adele to record new Bond theme
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next