More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Refugees

Go down 
+18
Moore
G section
Largo's Shark
Hilly
Fairbairn-Sykes
FourDot
Vesper
James. C
CIS
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
groucho070
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
CJB
colly
Fae
Lazenby.
Control
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:58 am

Great to have you here, CIS.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:59 am

There is one problem. MI6 had a steady stream of new members because it was tied to a major Bond fansite. We're gonna need to work to sustain this place.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:01 am

Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:11 am

Oh yes.... THE LORD COMETH.

Refugees - Page 4 Armondwhite090223_250

"I hate Facebook".
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:16 am

I just posted my farewell to MI6. It sucks, but the way things are going it seemed inevitable. Honestly when I first heard of this site I really hated the thought of ditching MI6. But there's no alternative.

Last edited by Makeshift Python on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:20 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
I just posted my farewell to MI6. It sucks, but the way things are going it seemed inevitable.
I saw that, Python.

And I wonder what everyone else is doing - though I know some of your responses.

I myself won't be - because I know there are some people there that won't move acorss and I'd like to keep with both .... in saying that I'll probs pop into that as a secondary forum - much like a couple of writing forums I'm on. :D
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:16 pm

I spose its lucky that I've got FD's email address...
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Oh I am going to tell Luds and James Page all about this...

Refugees - Page 4 Trollface
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:56 pm

I thought Lazenby. was spamming the S*** out of my Fisher-Price MI6 inbox because he liked me. Now I learn it's just because he didn't know how to use the damn thing.

Refugees - Page 4 Molemann

"Oh... I thought I'd made a friend."

SRS u guyz, it warms the cockles of my cold, black, dead heart to know that I'm semi-wanted. I seriously thought I'd spent two years screaming in the dark and making timid, Butters-like "I thought it was pretty good!" comments about NuTrek for nothing.

I've said stuff on Fisher-Price MI6 and the other threads, but what I really want to say to the MI6 peeps is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2uNslC2xFI#t=5m02s

Aaand as I've also said elsewhere I'd decided to take a bit of time of from the forum anyway. But this place might need buildin' and there's no better way to do that than to review every Harald Zwart and Bob Clark film in existence.

By the way...

We need harmsway.
We need F-S. (or is he already here? Sharky is too, I assume. And the Doc).
We need trevanian.
We need G-section.
We need Seve.
And the other film section regulars.
The Major's a mod. That is... such a sadness. I don't know if he'd come over. We need Rampling patrol.
I wouldn't even mind it if someone could find Auric. I was looking for his Johnny Cash picture to say farewell to MI6 with at any rate. There's a discreet charm to film discourse being reduced to "ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA >>>>>> LE SAMOURAI"

Even the new whippersnapper... Mr. Carmady... he knew his **** as well as anyone. Even if he does like Gladiator. Wonder if he can be contacted...

I'm sure I'm missing people. But this place is infinitely more palatable than... whatever the hell the other place is now.
Back to top Go down
CIS

CIS

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
Great to have you here, CIS.
Thanks, I'm glad I was invited. I think we'll all enjoy it here.

By the way, it looks like they took down the original MI6 forum site already. You try visiting the site, you get this message:

"This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."

Thousands of posts and 9 years of history wiped out in seconds.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:58 pm

CJB wrote:
Revolution is in the air!

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one group of of Bond fans to dissolve the bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the Web, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Fleming entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Bond fans are created equal, that they are endowed by Ian Fleming with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Bondliness. — That to secure these rights, Forums are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the Members, — That whenever any Forum becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the Bond Fans to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Forum, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Forums long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that Bondkind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a crappy design to reduce them under absolute Facebookism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Forums, and to provide new Guards for their future Bond discussions. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Members; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Forum Membership. The history of the present King of MI6 is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these Members.

We need this as a banner on the top of the forum. Best thing I've read in days.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Hello again, everybody.

Expect some, er, fan fiction. Oh the shame.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Forgive the double post- but a word from Bong:

Quote :
I did notice the shake-up (always checking MI6.co.uk for Bond news updates) and gave a quick frown at the "new" forum... which, I hasten to add, got an immediate reaction of disgust from my senses. It makes no sense to me, but there we are!
Should I ever feel the need to return to daily postings and musings of a Double-Oh nature, I shall indeed head to your new forum first, promise! Do pass on my best to everybody there, and I wish you all the best of success in carrying forward the excellent atmosphere that made the old MI6 Forums such a relaxing place to be

and an extra note, I've lost my 'Films I've seen in 2011' (I never bothered saving it as a 'hard' document off forum), returning to the old place now takes you Cmdr Bond.net.

Anyway..
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Glad to hear from the Bongster.

And the archive being gone. I knew it was gonna self destruct, but I didn't expect it to be done in less than 12 hours after it got locked! :x All I managed to recover were a couple of non-EON avatars figuring I'd collect the classic posts later today. *sigh*

Cue Roy Batty's final monologue.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:58 pm

I'll be announcing my "resignation" from Mi6 later this week.

I simply can't post there anymore. It's not Mi6. And I hope I can keep in touch with all of the great members, through this forum or through other means.

That new site is just a complete joke.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:03 pm

I've said I'm slipping away and might be back. Some don't see too thrilled at most of us dropping away as if what's the fuss but I fear it seems after almost four years my connection there is severed. Cursed way that it'll never come back.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Hilly wrote:
m), returning to the old place now takes you Cmdr Bond.net.

I tested that out. Boggles my mind.

Hilly, I was thinking of saving everyone's list. Sorry I didn't. 🇳🇴

As for resigning. I don't think I'll formally resign. At least not yet. I may not resign at all, just stop posting regularly. I know last night that I was cussing up a storm and pretty much declaring war on MI6, but it probably makes sense to keep the door open a crack.

Rather than flat out resign, I may just make a statement that I'm no longer a regular on MI6. Just to get the message across to the right people that they seriously F***ED up.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:59 pm

I've sent a message to Harmsway and Louis Armstrong via Cb.n, since NuMI6 apparently has the Orwellian ability to monitor every email at once. I don't want a repeat of the Studio B fiasco.

Can anyone contact Khan, Hunterharry, Seve, George Lazenby, Dr. Strangelove and Chigawa?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:12 pm

What I said on nuMI6:

That blithering asshole wrote:
You can probably count me out as a regular member. Sorry, guys and dolls. This seems to have been a colossal screw up. I believe that the admins here are sincere and I hold no ill-will towards them. I've been to dinner with James Page and his wife and they're great folks. But I hate this new format, and the loss of everything... I don't know where to begin.

The old site links to CommanderBond. That boggles my mind. I have never had anything against CB.n, aside from their awful design, but that surprised the hell out of me.

It all comes down to the fact that I hate this new format. It's crap and looks cheap. If MI6 were to adopt a more modern version of what we had, which is what I thought the plan was, I could see MI6 continuing. Maybe even in the face of the whole database being nuked.

Well, I'll drop in to say hello to the old peeps, but this new forum just sucks.

Screw it, I'll say more. I flat out don't like the complete and utter lack of any warning. I got a private message to save any messages I wanted to keep. And I thought it meant private messages. I wasn't told why I should do it. I wasn't told the entire database was going to be flushed down the toilet.

We're not kids, ya know. I don't like the lack of info and brush off. That's what it feels like we get here. A brush off. I'm aware there is a lot going on behind the scenes, and that this is probably not how the admins wanted things to go down. But we're a community here. We built MI6 up over a course of years and it was great and fun and idiosyncratic. And all of it was just nuked out of existence. And I get the feeling that some don't think it's a big deal. Oh, it's nothing. Just smile and accept the new site.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:17 pm

I saw that 'over there' Tux, quite agree. Maybe it's me but there seems to be a division over there with the mods and a certain few saying those leaving are being a bit overreactive and others like DC007 being quite the opposite.

Chose the wrong day to quit drinking or something.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:23 pm

Hilly wrote:
I saw that 'over there' Tux, quite agree. Maybe it's me but there seems to be a division over there with the mods and a certain few saying those leaving are being a bit overreactive and others like DC007 being quite the opposite.

Chose the wrong day to quit drinking or something.

Overreactive me arse. They're underreactive. tongue

We lost everything, and they expect us to just smile and post in the inane "Appreciation of new MI6" thread.

THX-MI6?

MI6-1138?
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:36 pm

FourDot wrote:
II wouldn't even mind it if someone could find Auric. I was looking for his Johnny Cash picture to say farewell to MI6 with at any rate. There's a discreet charm to film discourse being reduced to "ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA >>>>>> LE SAMOURAI"

Even the new whippersnapper... Mr. Carmady... he knew his **** as well as anyone. Even if he does like Gladiator. Wonder if he can be contacted...

Since it doesnt really matter now, I'm sure Auric wont mind me ratting him out that both he and MrCarmady were one and the same. :twisted:

And I'm sure he can be found. ;)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Somehow I'm not surprised Carmady was Auric.

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 pm

colly wrote:
FourDot wrote:
II wouldn't even mind it if someone could find Auric. I was looking for his Johnny Cash picture to say farewell to MI6 with at any rate. There's a discreet charm to film discourse being reduced to "ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA >>>>>> LE SAMOURAI"

Since it doesnt really matter now, I'm sure Auric wont mind me ratting him out that both he and MrCarmady were one and the same. :twisted:

And I'm sure he can be found. ;)

I had a feeling he was somebody, I couldn't figure out who. Very interesting.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:02 pm

I guessed as much about Auric. Had a chat with him on MSN about his possible return to MI6. Nice chap. Would be good to see him here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Refugees - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Refugees
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: