More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)

Go down 
+40
Moore
Chigawa
Fort Knox
TedHeath
Vesper
Stamper
saint mark
Control
clublos
Blunt Instrument
Fae
dirtymind
jet set willy
Thunderpussy
Toppers
trevanian
Hilly
colly
j7wild
dr. strangelove
Lazenby.
CJB
Santa
Prisoner Monkeys
The White Tuxedo
bitchcraft
lachesis
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
tiffanywint
Harmsway
Louis Armstrong
Jack Wade
Aris
Gravity's Silhouette
GeneralGogol
Perilagu Khan
Loomis
FourDot
Largo's Shark
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:56 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
I suspect as much about GS as well. I just think it's ridiculously arrogant of him to claim that he and he alone has started some kind of revolution among Bond fans that EON has paid attention to.

But he wasn't being serious....or he'd have proof. Like photos of his discussions with Babs which show her nipples fully puckered and sticking out erect like cocktail sausages.

Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:30 am

lachesis wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if there's a picture of his face where he doesn't look sick??

Not ever.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:33 am

Sharky wrote:
Gravy's got a persona he adopts online to entertain and piss people off. Ambler, myself and others have done the same in the past.
A time-honored tradition.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:46 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:09 am

Harmsway wrote:
Of all the Bonds, you pick out George Lazenby as the visual standard? To each his own.
It was the image I picking out, not the actor. Dark, handsome, clean-shaven, immaculate short dark hair brushed to the right, in a tux.

Forget Lazenby, you could have put any of the other actors in that photo for a similar look. It was the first one I stumbled across which emphasised the point I was trying to make.

And for the record, Connery is my favourite Bond, followed by Craig, then Dalton. Lazenby is way down the list....
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmnav.co.uk
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:26 am

jet set willy wrote:
It was the first one I stumbled across which emphasised the point I was trying to make.
So you dispute the idea that Bond could reasonably grow a beard as a part of a story? Tell me, what was your readtion to bearded/hobo Bond in DIE ANOTHER DAY? He had just spent fourteen months in a North Korean prison, regularly being tortured. Do you think it was unreasonable for Bond to be wearing a beard in that situation? If Connery or Dalton or Moore had spent fourteen months in a North Korean prison, do you think they would have come out of it clean-shaven? I suppose the writers of the time would have had the foresight to have the North Koreans forcibly clean Bond up for the prisoner exchange, thereby making it look like they treated him well and further implying that he cracked under pressure, but even that would have called for a Bond with a beard (if there was no beard, there would have been nothing to clean up, and so the idea that Bond had spent over a year in a prison without sporting so much as a stubble would have been laughable).

Once SKYFALL is released, I think you will find that there is a perfectly-reasonable explanation for Bond wearing a beard, particularly since photos from other parts of production have shown him with a much tidier jawline. I very much doubt that giving Bond a beard was a stylistic choice to make him appeal to audiences - like when Mark Harmon was wearing a moustache on "NCIS" to make him look older and more dignified:

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 1316280330

Mercifully, it was shaved off.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 am

The best part about the beard is that

It's Not blonde :!: :!: :!: :cheers:
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:44 am

tiffanywint wrote:
The best part about the beard is that

It's Not blonde :!: :!: :!: :cheers:
No...it's grey! :D
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:49 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
jet set willy wrote:
It was the first one I stumbled across which emphasised the point I was trying to make.
So you dispute the idea that Bond could reasonably grow a beard as a part of a story? Tell me, what was your readtion to bearded/hobo Bond in DIE ANOTHER DAY? He had just spent fourteen months in a North Korean prison, regularly being tortured. Do you think it was unreasonable for Bond to be wearing a beard in that situation? If Connery or Dalton or Moore had spent fourteen months in a North Korean prison, do you think they would have come out of it clean-shaven? I suppose the writers of the time would have had the foresight to have the North Koreans forcibly clean Bond up for the prisoner exchange, thereby making it look like they treated him well and further implying that he cracked under pressure, but even that would have called for a Bond with a beard (if there was no beard, there would have been nothing to clean up, and so the idea that Bond had spent over a year in a prison without sporting so much as a stubble would have been laughable).

Once SKYFALL is released, I think you will find that there is a perfectly-reasonable explanation for Bond wearing a beard, particularly since photos from other parts of production have shown him with a much tidier jawline. I very much doubt that giving Bond a beard was a stylistic choice to make him appeal to audiences - like when Mark Harmon was wearing a moustache on "NCIS" to make him look older and more dignified:

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 1316280330

Mercifully, it was shaved off.
I had no issue with Brozza's Castaway beard in DAD, I had more issues when he shaved it. Enduring months of torture, and one quick swipe of his Philshaver and he's transformed back into Bond - super hero style.

I just think this is a bizarre choice to release as the first official photo of Skyfall. Surely there must be shots of a clean-shaven Craig in a suit pointing a gun somewhere. I can't believe after all these weeks of shooting, and this shot is the best they have to release as a teaser.

And I still think his hair is now way too short for my idea as Bond, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:53 am

jet set willy wrote:
I just think this is a bizarre choice to release as the first official photo of Skyfall. Surely there must be shots of a clean-shaven Craig in a suit pointing a gun somewhere. I can't believe after all these weeks of shooting, and this shot is the best they have to release as a teaser.
The beard will generate interest because people will be naturally inclined to talk about it since it's a departure from the established norm. And by showing the beard now, months ahead of the film release, the shock of it will have worn off by the time the film comes out. I know people who would walk out of the cinemas the moment they saw Craig's beard - if you were willing to risk it, you could probably see DC007 foaming at the mouth over at MI6 over how this is the death of the franchise.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:56 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
I know people who would walk out of the cinemas the moment they saw Craig's beard - if you were willing to risk it, you could probably see DC007 foaming at the mouth over at MI6 over how this is the death of the franchise.

laugh

Bizarrely I've just read his comments on MI6. He loves this photo. Thinks its the best thing since FRWL.

What planet does he live on??
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:36 am

That fucker is as inconsistent as Pierce Brosnan's Bond.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:39 am

Normally, I'd say he's a troll ... but he genuinely believes what he's saying.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 am

I'd say he's trying too hard to be me.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 am

No shit, I remember he eagerly jumped on your opinions. One day he loves TWINE, next he calls it a disgrace.

Fuck him.

Ugh, I shouldn't drink and type. I need to sleep.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:16 am

jet set willy wrote:
Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
I know people who would walk out of the cinemas the moment they saw Craig's beard - if you were willing to risk it, you could probably see DC007 foaming at the mouth over at MI6 over how this is the death of the franchise.

laugh

Bizarrely I've just read his comments on MI6. He loves this photo. Thinks its the best thing since FRWL.

What planet does he live on??

Worse was Germanlady declaring "This IS the Book Bond!"

Even leaving aside the beard, how does a mere photograph of a 21st century dude standing in front of neon lights wearing casual 21st century clothing translate to the literary character from the 50's? Honestly, you could apply that label of "Fleming-esque" to bloody fucking well anything. laugh
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 am

That was not a very Fleming-esque post, CJB - but I particularly liked the way it was Fleming-esque.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:40 am

It is just a photograph no movie, will judge it when it comes in November.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:47 am

Sharky wrote:
I'd say he's trying too hard to be me.

No, that was somebody else....

DC007 was an odd one, though, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:14 pm

I still remember some of his greatest hits - like claiming that 90% of a Bond film is the location, and that Bond should spend as much time as possible in locations that have never been featured in the films before, apparently because James Bond is not a secret agent, but rather a travel agent; then there was the time he claimed that "women are only real women when they are pleasing men", followed by denials that this was sexist, before stating that he would not go shirtless to please women because - while he would have no problem doing it - he should not feel the need to bend to society's expectations of him; finally, he said that the story does not mean anything and that nobody goes to see a Bond film for the story because the only things that mattered were breasts and gadgets on a beach in Bora Bora (or possibly a Volkswagen Bora).
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:34 pm

jet set willy wrote:
I had no issue with Brozza's Castaway beard in DAD, I had more issues when he shaved it. Enduring months of torture, and one quick swipe of his Philshaver and he's transformed back into Bond - super hero style.

Those bearded moments were the best part of DAD...unique Bond moments, I thought the film would show great promise. Instead, as soon as he escaped from confinement, we became tortured captives instead.
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
jet set willy wrote:

Those bearded moments were the best part of DAD...unique Bond moments, I thought the film would show great promise. Instead, as soon as he escaped from confinement, we became tortured captives instead.
Exactly DB. Give that girl a beer!! :drunken:

That's what I thought too.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:00 pm

I like the pic ... beard's not an issue for me, as it's already been established that it won't remain throughout.

I'm reminded a little of Dalton waiting for his chance to shoot Sanchez in LTK :) .
Back to top Go down
jet set willy
'R'
'R'
jet set willy

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
I like the pic ... beard's not an issue for me, as it's already been established that it won't remain throughout.

I'm reminded a little of Dalton waiting for his chance to shoot Sanchez in LTK :) .
I think we are all starting to read too much into 1 picture.
It's a photo, and a publicity one at that. I doubt this is even a frame from the movie, yet here we all are analysing it to death (me included).

There is nothing much to be gleaned from it at all, other than where it is set, and Craig has grown some stubble for the role. Other than that, nothing else. It gives nothing remotely away about the movie at all, only what we are interpreting.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:54 pm

CJB wrote:

Worse was Germanlady declaring "This IS the Book Bond!"

It's no surprise Germanlady thinks Craig "is the Book Bond"; they're more used to burning books than actually reading them.

You also need to understand that Germanlady has a massive, ginormous crush on Daniel Craig; bigger than Barbara Broccoli's, and she would say anything and do anything to be close to and in his arms. To her, everything that Craig does is pure gold; every time the man sits down on the toilet the heavens open wide, light beams forth, and a chorus of angels sings Craig's praises. Germanlady is hardly the most objective source when it comes to serious, critical analysis of the Craig era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)   [Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I) - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Potential Spoilers] Official SKYFALL Photo Thread (Part I)
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next