More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)

Go down 
+42
Blunt Instrument
bitchcraft
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Manhunter
TedHeath
FG Wells
Vesper
Santa
saint mark
Loomis
Tubes
jet set willy
lachesis
Harmsway
Prisoner Monkeys
Gravity's Silhouette
j7wild
trevanian
bondfan06
Lazenby.
Hilly
Control
Fae
Mr. Trevelyan
GeneralGogol
Richard Hannay
CJB
SJK91
lalala2004
James. C
Fairbairn-Sykes
colly
HJackson
retrokitty
Louis Armstrong
Drax
Largo's Shark
Salomé
Jack Wade
FourDot
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Here's a trailer bootleg that's working for the time being: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=Q2NY5HCA
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Yeah, I will say that, while the basics of the scene seem very similar to RETURNS (Bruce and Selina dancing at what appears to be a costumed ball that Bruce forgot to wear a costume too, coyly discussing their dual identities), the content is very different in that the footage I'm seeing here matches Selina from the comics -- wryly confident, as opposed to the psychotic mess from Burton's film.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:42 pm

Wow. Even with shitty sound I'm impressed.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Sharky, I actually am one of the few who liked Ang Lee's HULK, but compared to the source material, let's be serious -- it's one motherfuckin' pretentious movie.

F*ck the source material. Judge the film as a film, not as a comic book.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:20 pm

What seems interesting with Kyle is (and this is a bit of a leap going on that small snippet, but whatever) is that she might despise Wayne and idolize Batman. Which would be almost the opposite of the Burton version.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:26 pm

Maybe she has a bat fetish? That's not unusual.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:32 am

Is the prologue footage shot in IMAX? I'm considering going to an IMAX showing of GHOST PROTOCOL. Thankfully there is a real IMAX theater close where I live, just a seven minute drive to Irvine.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:47 am

Yeah, the prologue is IMAX. It's only in IMAX.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:54 am

Good to hear.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:57 am

Not only is it all legit IMAX and only showing in real 15/70 IMAX theaters, but it looks like it isn't showing in all of them.

These are the confirmed places where the prologue is playing:

Atlantic City, N.J.
IMAX & the Tropicana

Austin, Texas
IMAX Theater Austin

Boston, Mass.
Jordan’s IMAX
IMAX 3D Theatre in Reading (where I saw it)

Chantilly, Va./Washington, D.C.
Udvar-Hazy Center IMAX

Chicago, Ill.
Navy Pier IMAX Theatre

Des Moines, Iowa
SCI IMAX Dome Theater

Detroit, Mich.
Henry Ford IMAX

Harrisburg, Pa.
The Whitaker Center for Science & the Arts IMAX

Houston, Texas
Houston Marq*E Stadium 22 + IMAX

Indianapolis, Ind.
White River IMAX

Irvine, Calif.
Spectrum 20 + IMAX Irvine

Los Angeles, Calif.
RAVE 18 + IMAX
CityWalk Stadium 19 with IMAX
Ontario Palace Stadium 22 + IMAX

Madison, Wis.
Star 18 Fitchburg with IMAX

Miami, Fla.
AutoNation IMAX

Minneapolis, Minn.
Great Clips IMAX

Nashville, Tenn.
Opry Mills Stadium 20 + IMAX

New York, N.Y.
Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX
Palisades IMAX (in West Nyack)

Omaha, Neb.
Star Cinema 16 with IMAX

Orlando, Fla.
Pointe Orlando Stadium 20 + IMAX

Palm Springs, Calif.
Desert IMAX Theatre

Philadelphia, Pa.
Tuttleman IMAX – Franklin Institute

Phoenix, Ariz.
Arizona Mills 25 with IMAX

Providence, R.I.
Providence Place 16 with IMAX

Sacramento, Calif.
Esquire IMAX

San Antonio, Texas
IMAX at RiverCenter

San Francisco, Calif.
Metreon 16 with IMAX & ETX

Seattle, Wash.
Boeing IMAX – Pacific Science Center

Tampa, Fla.
Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI)

CANADA

Calgary, Alberta
Scotiabank Theatre Chinook 16 + IMAX

Edmonton, Alberta
Scotiabank Theatre Edmonton + IMAX

Montreal, Quebec
Cinema Banque Scotia Montreal + IMAX

Ottawa, Ontario
Silvercity Gloucester + IMAX

Quebec City, Quebec
IMAX Le Theatre At Quebec

Toronto, Ontario
Coliseum 12 Mississauga + IMAX
Scotiabank Theatre Toronto + IMAX
Colossus 18 Woodbridge + IMAX

Vancouver, British Columbia
Colossus Langley + IMAX
Silvercity Riverport 18 + IMAX
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:25 am

Melbourne and Sydney IMAX in Australia.

And a few in the UK as well.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 8:37 am

Tubes wrote:
Not only is it all legit IMAX and only showing in real 15/70 IMAX theaters, but it looks like it isn't showing in all of them.

These are the confirmed places where the prologue is playing:

Irvine, Calif.
Spectrum 20 + IMAX Irvine

Yup, glad to hear that place in particular is confirmed. It's the only place I ever go for IMAX showings (saw AVATAR and INCEPTION, both looked pretty good for blow up prints). I always try to disregard my friends from going to the IMAX Digital theater in Aliso Viejo, when they could just drive an extra seven minutes to Irvine and get their money's worth.

Anyway, it will be sweet to see the prologue because I haven't really seen true IMAX (meaning shot in that format) since I was about 11 years old watching those 3D docs in the late 90s.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:09 pm

Personally, I think it's far more immersive than 3D, and I hope more and more filmmakers try it out. A Spielberg film in 70MM in particular would be a thing to behold, I think.

Apparently 50 minutes of TDKR is in IMAX, which is very good to hear. Hopefully one day they'll be able to get the technology to a point where they can do a whole film in IMAX.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 3:59 pm

What's interesting about the second trailer for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is how up-and-front the political edge of the film is. It's backed by the national anthem, and we have chatter from Selina Kyle about how the lower classes are gonna rise up and take from the power-hungry people at the top. Throw in the fact that the film uses the Occupy Wall Street protests, and it seems that THE DARK KNIGHT RISES may be more informed by the current political situation than even THE DARK KNIGHT was.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Sharky wrote:
Is this sarcasm, Sharky?

FourDot wrote:
A Spielberg film in 70MM in particular would be a thing to behold, I think.
His upcoming Moses film would be the perfect opportunity to pay homage to DeMille and go BIG, and using the IMAX format would suit that end very well.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Harmsway wrote:
What's interesting about the second trailer for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is how up-and-front the political edge of the film is. It's backed by the national anthem, and we have chatter from Selina Kyle about how the lower classes are gonna rise up and take from the power-hungry people at the top. Throw in the fact that the film uses the Occupy Wall Street protests, and it seems that THE DARK KNIGHT RISES may be more informed by the current political situation than even THE DARK KNIGHT was.

Hopefully the film doesn't shove the politics down our throat as much as the trailer does.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Informed doesn't necessarily equal insight.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Sharky wrote:
Did anybody say it did?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Harmsway wrote:
Sharky wrote:

Is this sarcasm, Sharky?

No, I mean it. The Bane chant is really growing on me.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Harmsway wrote:
Sharky wrote:

Did anybody say it did?

Did?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Sharky wrote:

No, I mean it. The Bane chant is really growing on me.

I saw a crappy bootleg copy of the trailer, but even at that, I was very impressed and am now getting excited for the film. Was also impressed with what little we saw of Selina Kyle.

The bootleg copy I saw was so bad, though, that it looked like there were some awful effects left in the trailer where the football player is running across the field from explosions. Shirley those effects will be fixed between now and the release date. I couldn't even make out what it was that was left under the field once the implosions finished.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:09 pm

I saw the prologue. No wonder so many people liken it to a Bond film - it's the pre-title sequence of LICENCE TO KILL on steroids.
Mr. Brown wrote:
Harmsway wrote:
Hopefully the film doesn't shove the politics down our throat as much as the trailer does.
What's to say that the film is trying to make a political statement? Ra's al Ghul said that the League of Shadows originally attempted to destroy Gotham with economics. Now that the threat posed by the Joker is gone, life in Gotham will likely have returned to a state of normality. And normal for Gotham means something akin to its state in BEGINS.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:30 pm

It will be subtext, more likely than not with Nolan, it'll be the usual pop psychology bandwagon politics. I'll like to see a BATMAN film challenge (it doesn't have to be overt) the Occupy movement's dogma, but nah, it's a pure business deal. They don't want alienate da kidz, they are Nolan's main source of income. Long live superheros and fake politics.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:33 pm

The chant is used very well during the prologue as well, which is pretty striking (never seen a balls-to-the-wall action piece scored with chanting, at least not that I can remember. Maybe Duel of the Fates, but then that's not really chanting).

If the political statement functions as a plot device that steers the film in something that feels organic to that Batman universe, then it's not even remotely a problem. That kind of thing becomes a problem when a film goes out of its way to make a comment.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:53 pm

FourDot wrote:
The chant is used very well during the prologue as well, which is pretty striking (never seen a balls-to-the-wall action piece scored with chanting, at least not that I can remember. Maybe Duel of the Fates, but then that's not really chanting).

In recent memory this is one of the few action pieces to use vocal chanting and grunting. That is, non-pitched sounds from a male chorus.

FourDot wrote:
If the political statement functions as a plot device that steers the film in something that feels organic to that Batman universe, then it's not even remotely a problem. That kind of thing becomes a problem when a film goes out of its way to make a comment.

My problem is with the kind "Gotham doesn't DESERVE a hero, but Gotham NEEDS a hero etc." kind of dialogue that you find on motivational posters at gyms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next