More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy

Go down 
+37
00Beast
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
lachesis
Louis Armstrong
Santa
saint mark
j7wild
RobDudley
Gravity's Silhouette
dr. strangelove
Klaus Hergesheimer
Loomis
Harmsway
UndiscoveredCountry
Lobelia Overhill
Blunt Instrument
Tubes
Vesper
G section
Largo's Shark
SJK91
trevanian
Hilly
Control
FourDot
Chigawa
Drax
CJB
Salomé
bondfan06
The White Tuxedo
lalala2004
Fairbairn-Sykes
James. C
Makeshift Python
Lazenby.
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 6:39 am

Even better than the regular version.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 7:20 am

Love the artwork.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:15 pm

That made my dog bark. :)
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:42 pm

laugh
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:02 pm

I noticed that the first half of the trailer for THE PHANTOM MENACE - 3D shown last night during the Superbowl contained footage from A NEW HOPE, EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and RETURN OF THE JEDI. Is George Lucas getting concerned that no one will go watch 'Menace' if he doesn't trick them into seeing it by confusing them with footage for a film that's not scheduled to be shown in 3-D theaters until 2015? Yes.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:20 pm

No doubt. Either way, I would not be surprised if it made bank. That's what Star Wars does. Besides, it does have a sweet pod race. I know if I were offered a ticket I'd see that flick in 3D. For CLONES and SITH? Fuck no, I don't need to subject myself to a whiny un-heroic Anakin in 3D.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:25 pm

For the first time the Prequel characters will be three dimensional.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Yuppeeeeeeeeee.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
No doubt. Either way, I would not be surprised if it made bank. That's what Star Wars does. Besides, it does have a sweet pod race. I know if I were offered a ticket I'd see that flick in 3D. For CLONES and SITH? Fuck no, I don't need to subject myself to a whiny un-heroic Anakin in 3D.

Jar-Jar.......the inept drones that act like Key Stone Cops...........the tin-eared Viceroy and Newt Gunray....little Anakin Skywalker.....I'm sorry, but the astonishingly bad film will be all the more awful in 3-D. Who cares if a picture of a turd is in high definition or low-resolution? It's still a turd.

I will not give Lucas one more penny. I'm done with the man. He is a whore.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Jar Jar is like Denise Richards to me, annoying but not one of the film's main problems. He's C3PO on pot.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:43 pm

Jar Jar has never really bothered me. They lay it on a bit thick to be sure, but he never really bothered me.

Still would have liked to have seen him die in ROTS. A special edition change I'd like to see is a quick shot inserted in ANH of Jar Jar on Alderaan as it explodes.

"Oh mesa!"

Speaking of defiling the originals, a friend of mine is ripping his original version DVDs for me. I'll hopefully get them some time this week and plow through the trilogy. I vow NEVER to see another version ever again.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:53 pm

Haven't watched the SE dvds ever since I got the AVI files of the originals. Only time I ever pop them in is to check out specific bits, see where they changed things such as the overhaul of the hangar deck in the original STAR WARS. Cuz I'm a nerd. I'm not really that eager to Netflix the blu-rays either.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:57 pm

I've said before that I am totally unopposed to SE's on two conditions: that the originals remain available in the highest quality, and that the changes are tasteful. Currently, neither is happening.

Revamping the Battle of Yavin would be my #1 priority for a SE, as it does pale effects-wise even to EMPIRE and JEDI.

But putting rocks in front of R2, and turning Obi-Wan into Mr. Wint?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:00 pm

The only SE I agree with for the most part is 1997 version of ROTJ primarily because of the new John Williams track made for the ending and because Sebastain Shaw is still in it. But that's only on VHS and Laserdisc.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:02 pm

I never got the hate for the victory celebration music. As with the Naboo celebration music it's a spin on the Sith theme, right?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Is there hate for the new JEDI music? I thought that was only Lazenby. laugh I do LOATHE "Jedi Rocks". And yeah, I kinda dig the Naboo celebration, and it is a spin on the Emperor's theme, which adds to how twisted the film comes off when you know everyone celebrating peace in the final shot is gonna die. Except Jar Jar.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Jedi Rocks......... :x

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 Swbrdfixes_05
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:

A whore makes her money pleasuring a customer. GL does not seem to pleasure you on any level so he is an absolute awefull whore of something completely else.

The man loves tinkering with his creations, which is his good right imho.

I'll be seeing TPM 3D next week with my kids, they want to see the movie on the big screen. And they love the prequels, have threatened them with releasing them for adoption but they still like them. Kids make you pay for all the certainties you invoked upon your own parents I think.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:34 pm

saint mark wrote:

But he should make available the films that won him his fortune and that people love.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:35 pm

saint mark wrote:
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:

A whore makes her money pleasuring a customer. GL does not seem to pleasure you on any level so he is an absolute awefull whore of something completely else.

So a woman is a whore but a man is a gigolo? There need not be any pleasure for a transaction to take place. Lucas has whored his creation out and slapped it on every cereal box and pair of underwear from Shanghai to Thunder Bay, Canada. I don't have a problem with that. My problem is that he will bend over backwards to make a mint off his movies and characters, but absolutely refuses to give/sell the fans dvd/blu-ray copies of the original trilogy. He thinks we're all a bunch of stupid, hick rubes who don't know what's good for us, and only he can tell us what we should like about his films and why. Unlike the hard core fans of Star Wars, I *CAN* walk away from Star Wars. I have walked away from Star Wars. I will continue staying away from Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:41 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
saint mark wrote:

But he should make available the films that won him his fortune and that people love.

He did that if I remember correctly and then the fans were complaining about how basic they were and how he didn't spend any money on it. I did not care because I still have de video's/ :cheers: (and have never watched them again after the first decent dvd set)

At the end of day he decides whether he wants to release something he considers better, as a fan I decide whether I spend money on it.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:48 pm

saint mark wrote:
He did that if I remember correctly and then the fans were complaining about how basic they were

They were low-quality, non-anamorphic laderdisc rips from 1993. It's an insult to the fans.

Lucas says that it's a director's right to continue altering a film. I'm not opposed to director's cuts and the like, but I think a film is a product of the time and conditions under which it was made and that the films should be preserved in their original forms. The Star Wars films don't exist in a vacuum.

Last edited by The White Tuxedo on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:49 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
saint mark wrote:
He did that if I remember correctly and then the fans were complaining about how basic they were

They were low-quality, non-anamorphic laderdisc rips from 1993. It's an insult to the fans.

It was the result of demanding fans that he should give them untouched youth sentiment, he did so.............Guess what they wanted him to spend money on something he did not feel was true to his artistic vision.

He gave what they wanted and still he couldn't win. They were an improvemnet over the video releases.

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:52 pm

saint mark wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
saint mark wrote:

It was the result of demanding fans that he should give them untouched youth sentiment, he did so.............Guess what they wanted him to spend money on something he did not feel was true to his artistic vision.

He gave what they wanted and still he couldn't win. They were an improvemnet over the video releases.

I've heard this before and it doesn't stand in my opinion. Lucasfilm has prided itself in being on the bleeding edge of home video quality and they treat the films that built Lucasfilm with such disrespect? It's not too much to ask for, or attacking George Lucas, to want the original, pre-special edition films, in a good quality presentation. It's not asking for the moon, it's just that I'd like to see the original films in the same quality that I could see virtually any other film released on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
Page 12 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next