More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?

Go down 
+12
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
bondfan06
saint mark
Hilly
bitchcraft
CJB
Tubes
Control
Perilagu Khan
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? Empty
PostSubject: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:27 am

To the best of my recollection, the Mel Brooks flick The Twelve Chairs was mine. My parents took me to see this probably in November of 1970. I would have been three at the time.

Last edited by Perilagu Khan on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:33 am

JURASSIC PARK in '93.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:56 am

BATMAN FOREVER

Nostalgia is the only reason why I like that movie.

Movies I remember the most from the 90's are Batman Forever, the Star Wars Special Editions, and Prince of Egypt.

Particularly Prince of Egypt, which is the only Dreamworks film to ever beat the best Disney has to offer.

Pretty sure I saw The Iron Giant in theaters, but I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:04 am

Men In Black when I was around 7. Seems a bit late, but I don't think they had any movie theatres where I lived during my tot years.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:16 am

I remember the Living Daylights when I was about 6. Was too small to understand plots but liked action. According to my parents, it's the first time I didn't fall asleep during a movie. :face:
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:49 am

I do believe it was Star Trek Generations, February 1995

trailers and ads went on forever, popcorn spilt....guess I'd be 9.

Cinema's closed since then.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:54 am

Winnetou and the Treasure of the Silverlake (Der Schatz in Silbersee). A what they call "Sauerkraut-western" and till today I still can enjoy it, and the soundtrack of it is easily Epic.
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:02 am

Titanic in 97... I fell asleep and missed the ending and to be honest I didn't care.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:11 am

saint mark wrote:
Winnetou and the Treasure of the Silverlake (Der Schatz in Silbersee). A what they call "Sauerkraut-western" and till today I still can enjoy it, and the soundtrack of it is easily Epic.

Sauerkraut Western--I love it.

And Hilly, the theater in which I saw The Twelve Chairs was long ago closed and repurposed.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:13 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:

And Hilly, the theater in which I saw The Twelve Chairs was long ago closed and repurposed.

that's a shame. What's worse about our one is that though we got a brand spanking new multiplex thing (at which TWINE was my first film) the old one just sits there empty, full of abestos apparently. Has a bit of a 1930's look to it. Bit of nostalgia right there.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:17 am

If it's architecturally significant, perhaps it will be restored, Hilly. That sometimes happens to old movie houses in the States.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:19 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
If it's architecturally significant, perhaps it will be restored, Hilly. That sometimes happens to old movie houses in the States.

well you never know. Though knowing my council and government there's greater chance of hell freezing over. :) Been abandoned since...1998/99 now. Sure something will happen to it soon, probably demolished. Supermarket needs expansion.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:33 am

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE8jgG6cCbA

True story.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:46 am

Can't say for sure, but my earliest memory of being in a theater was BEAUTY AND THE BEAST when I was 4 years old. I don't I've seen that since I was 6.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:38 am

bondfan06 wrote:
Titanic in 97... I fell asleep and missed the ending

It sinks.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:47 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
JURASSIC PARK in '93.

Ditto. The Spielberg Curse.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:07 am

GOLDFINGER, just before I turned 4. Have no idea what my mom was thinking taking a kid that young to GF, but it was definitely larger than life. Except for 2001, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS and PATTON, GF is probably the most moviegoing experienced I have had.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Not entirely sure, my cinemagoing started around 1972 ish and it was probably a Bond film (they toured in double bills i get the impression FRWL/GF were oddly together despite leaving Dr No on its own) - my brother was already a big fan of the series, the only other film I can definitely recall watching so very early on was the 1966 Batman - I recall it acutely because while we waited the cinema played 'Long Haired Lover from Liverpool' for what seemed an age before the projector rolled.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:07 am

One of the Star Wars re-releases in the 90s. I only have vague memories of it.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 4:22 pm

Probably THE ARISTOCATS.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 1:00 pm

GF, just before age 4. Traumatized me for life with Shirley Eaton's death. Also, my then-stepfather looked like a cross between Gert Frobe and Theo Marcuse (equally traumatic.)
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 3:47 pm

Phantom Commander wrote:
Probably THE ARISTOCATS.

They don't make 'em like that anymore. Did you see it when it first hit the screens? How old were you?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 3:50 pm

trevanian wrote:
GF, just before age 4. Traumatized me for life with Shirley Eaton's death. Also, my then-stepfather looked like a cross between Gert Frobe and Theo Marcuse (equally traumatic.)

I saw GF on the telly when I was a very young spark, and Eaton's death is the only thing I remember about it. Something exquisitely horrific about that scene.

Marcuse would have made the hellofa Le Chiffre. Too bad he died so young.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 4:26 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Phantom Commander wrote:
Probably THE ARISTOCATS.

They don't make 'em like that anymore. Did you see it when it first hit the screens? How old were you?
It came out a year later here. I must have been four or five. I can still remember the thrill, and I think I saw it three or four times.
Back to top Go down
Safari Suit

Safari Suit

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 1:16 am

Mine might also have been The Aristocats - I do have a vague memory of watching it but I also remember going to see Watch Out We're Mad in about '74
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?   What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Was the First Film You Saw in a Theater?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: