More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Coming soon to a theater near you

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Coming soon to a theater near you Empty
PostSubject: Coming soon to a theater near you   Coming soon to a theater near you EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:11 pm

I'll get us started....

.....first official trailer for the Alex Cross "reboot" starring Tyler Perry:

I like Tyler Perry, I like Matthew Fox, I kind of like a few of Rob Cohen's movies for what they are, but.....something is way off about this trailer. It feels very rote...very "by-the-numbers". It ticks off all the boxes on a serial killer movie list, gives away practically the entire plot, and I'm not buying Perry as Cross or Fox as a serial killer. So far from what they're showing, it feels like we've seen everything this movie has to offer in other movies, but only done better.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon to a theater near you   Coming soon to a theater near you EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Tyler Perry trying to be serious?

Coming soon to a theater near you 1329179424_mj-laughing1

Looks like the comedy of the year.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon to a theater near you   Coming soon to a theater near you EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:56 pm

"You are sick and twisted..."

Brilliant line.

Coming soon to a theater near you Tomcruisecrazylaughx
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon to a theater near you   Coming soon to a theater near you EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:27 am

Poor Matthew Fox, he can only get work with Rob Cohen and Tyler Perry? laugh
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon to a theater near you   Coming soon to a theater near you EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:22 pm

This is the second trailer for JACK THE GIANT SLAYER. The first one was for JACK THE GIANT KILLER and was due to be released in June 2012. Then the studio moved the release date to March of 2013 and changed the name to JACK THE GIANT SLAYER. Clearly something happened between the first trailer and the decision to move the release date back; maybe screen tests were terrible; maybe focus groups hated it. I thought the first trailer was a 2-star effort; basically I was waiting to see more. I like Nicholas Hoult, I like Bryan Singer. But this latest trailer, which appears to try and put more focus on Ewan McGregor (which gives me a clue as to what the focus groups said about the problems with the film...i.e. a weak lead) and add a bit more odd, unfunny humor, works even less.

What I once thought may have been a potentially good or decent flick now has all the markings of an absolutely horrific, steaming pile of bull shiz coming down the road. It's unmistakeable. The scent of failure is wafting its way from this movie. It's an accident not merely waiting to happen, but has already occurred. In fact, it looks so bad that you can almost hear the thudding impact as studio executives' heads begin to roll.

It's one thing to cause people to suspect that your movie is not going to be any good; it's another thing to confirm it with a weaker second trailer, a pushed-back release date and a new title. It's a shame that this is going to be a huge turkey, because I do like Bryan Singer and Nicholas Hoult, but this is going to be a huge, huge bomb for them. Good thing they're already hard at work together on the X-Men sequel, because it'll be much harder to get work after this turkey is unleashed.

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon to a theater near you   Coming soon to a theater near you EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 pm

OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN (2013)

Nice to see Rick Yune getting a big role (cue cries from Asian-American activists groups claiming "Racism!" in 4.....3......2.......1), but I'm not buying this movie. In fact, this looks so bad that Channing Tatum's version of this movie (due in theaters 10-12 weeks later and called WHITE HOUSE DOWN) will probably be better. Gerard Butler looks awful in this....the trailer gives away practically the entire film (allegedly), but I wouldn't be shocked one bit if we find out the First Lady is behind the take-over of the White House and that she faked her death...but worst of all????? AWFUL SPECIAL EFFECTS!!!

Obviously we can't run fly a real cargo plane into the Washington Monument, but geez! Couldn't someone employ some model work or 2012 effects work? The bullets coming out of that cargo plane looked like they were generated using a Commodore 64. This crap looks like it was put together back in 1987! It's an embarassment that a major motion picture can't come up with more realistic f/x work. So sick of these action flicks that choose to just green-screen everything. Have they learned nothing from DIE ANOTHER DAY?

And in what universe is Gerard Butler a big box office draw? I'd be more interested in the movie if Rick Yune had been the lead; at least they'd be casting against type. :roll:
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon to a theater near you   Coming soon to a theater near you EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:27 am

This should be called DIE HARD IN THE WHITE HOUSE with BAD CGI!

I 100% agree wholeheartedly with everything that Gravity's Silhouette said about this movie.

It looks absolutely positively horrible!

CGI has ruined special effects forever!

Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon to a theater near you   Coming soon to a theater near you EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:40 pm

Usually, I am all for a movie with women in bikini but I don't really know what to make of this one!

:scratch:

Spring Breakers

Cast:

James Franco, Ashley Benson, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Rachel Korine, Heather Morris, Cait Taylor, Lauren Vera, Emma Holzer, Gucci Mane.

The Film

Brit, Candy, Cotty, and Faith have been best friends since grade school. They live together in a boring college dorm and are hungry for adventure. All they have to do is save enough money for spring break to get their shot at having some real fun. A serendipitous encounter with rapper "Alien" promises to provide the girls with all the thrill and excitement they could hope for. With the encouragement of their new friend, it soon becomes unclear how far the girls are willing to go to experience a spring break they will never forget.

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon to a theater near you   Coming soon to a theater near you EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:49 pm

j7wild wrote:
Usually, I am all for a movie with women in bikini but I don't really know what to make of this one!

:scratch:

Would not normally be a movie I would want to see (in the tradition of movies where women "find themselves" in such films as Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Fried Green Tomatoes, Steel Magnolias.....anything on Lifetime), but with James Franco basically playing a white-trash, gangsta-thug, this MIIIIIGHT be worth a look see.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon to a theater near you   Coming soon to a theater near you EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:27 am

I agree with this movie's premise.

Organic used to be reserved to a few small farmers who were truly growing organic food.

Now it's just another big corporate scam to get your money.

I bet 3/4 of the stuff out there that's labeled organic is not even organic.

How are you going to check it anyway?

My brother's wife is crazy about organic.

Everything in her refrigerator and pantry is organic: meat, salad, fruit, veggies, eggs, juices, butter, milk, ragu', pasta, butter, potato chips, canned goods even down to organic canned tuna (no way, tuna is wild caught, not farm raised - I had an argument with her about that).

if it can be slapped an organic label on it, she has it.

Just think of all the money they would have saved by not buying organic and paying the premium mark up for it:

I would say $10,000 a year easy!

p.s. I've tasted organic food - it doesn't taste any different than regular food.

http://vimeo.com/53038507
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming soon to a theater near you   Coming soon to a theater near you Empty

Back to top Go down

Coming soon to a theater near you
Page 1 of 1