More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Last television show you watched - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:04 pm

REVOLUTION (NBC) :3*:

The show is produced by Bad Robot, which is run by J.J. Abrams, so you know the ideas are going to be big and interesting. The show is set 15 years after power went out to the entire world. The show teases with the possibilities of what life would be like in a world without energy as we know it, and none of it is good. If you like apocalyptic themes or alternate universes (as do I), this show may be worth watching. The show chronicles the struggles of a diverse group of people trying to cope in a world without power. There's a suggestion that the lack of power may be man-caused, and since this is a J.J.Abrams production, we shouldn't expect the resolution to that lingering question any time soon. Pilot episode is a decent set-up for what looks to be a show of promise. Still, I'm really, really looking forward to LAST RESORT this week. It has all the makings of a blockbuster new show.

PARTNERS (CBS) :3*:
In all honesty, I came for Brandon Routh, but I may stick around for the laughs. I wanted to see how Brandon was doing, since basically none of the projects he has been in since SUPERMAN RETURNS were really anything I watched. He's in a supporting role on this show, playing something of an airhead. I'd say he did a good job. It was the pilot episode, so everything is still a work in progress, but overall I found some fairly big laughs. I think the producers also produced WILL AND GRACE, because this show feels almost like a carbon copy. The show is centered around a life-long friendship between a straight guy and a gay guy, but they are also business partners. Brandon Routh plays the boyfriend of the gay guy, and Sophia Bush plays the girlfriend of the straight guy. In the real world Brandon and Sophia would be a couple, as both of them are hotter looking (by far) than the partner they are coupled with on the show, but this is Hollywood, so you know a certain sense of reality is going to be thrown out the window.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 12:27 am

Monday Night RAW...(wrestling)

I can see why it was one of the least-watched episodes this year and ratings dropped.

Cannot stand CM Punk as WWE Champion and always turn off the tv when I see losers like Alberto Del Rio and Santino Marella.

Gone is the attitude era...when 15 minutes of RAW had all the greats. The new crop pales in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 1:36 am

Aside from being a massive fan of THE SOPRANOS and the British version of THE OFFICE, I'm not much into TV shows. I did enjoy THE WIRE and some of 24 and THE WEST WING but that's about all I've checked out in terms of widely-praised shows of recent years (never saw LOST, MAD MEN, etc.).

However, I'm now rediscovering the joys of getting up to make tea during commercial breaks, for I'm two episodes into HOMELAND and getting hooked.

Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 1:32 am

About halfway through the most recent season of DEXTER, which is giving the lead even more of a showcase for his range as well as the sister character.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 pm

ALASKA: The Last Frontier on The Discovery Channel.

Excellent reality show about a small family of people choosing to live off the land in deep, rural Alaska. It's an interesting way of life. Not sure I could do it, but I'd be willing to give it a try. Turns out the family in this show are related to pop/folk singer Jewel.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:10 pm

SOUTH PARK

Suddenly this show is good again. It's been in a real slump the past season or two, but the last two episodes have been grand-slams. Last week's episode, which in part spoofed Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, was a solid episode; a 7/10, even if it faltered a bit towards the end with too many stories running.

But last nights episode, IN-SECURITY, was simply the best I've seen in a while. A solid 10/10. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES "Bane" was used, and the dialogue and accent was spot-on and pitch-perfect. Clearly Trey and Matt have some affection for that villain. UPS delivery men, the old guy from PET CEMETERY, and jokes about only white criminals being shown in those ADT Home Security commercials were all used to great effect.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Michael Palin & Terry Jones' Ripping Yarns

Tomkinson's Schooldays and The Testing of Eric Oldthwaite

a second immersion into this series after the recent assimilation of the Palin Diaries (Vol1). Palin excels both in a writing sense and acting sense (like Flying Circus, often multiple roles in a single episode). Typical wit and flare. Don't always need Herr Cleese und Idle for sure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:08 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Love Curb Your Enthusiasm. American cable is now so far ahead of British comedy and drama it hurts.

Fearfully so. Reminded of it most times I watch Spiral or even Homeland. Things like The Hunted or Good Cop don't seem all that against those.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:14 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:51 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
With the Jimmy Savile omnishambles overshadowing all at the BBC, The Thick of It ended without fanfare with Malcolm Tucker taking the long walk and the odious Ollie Reeder unwittingly sowing the seeds of his own destruction. Easily the bleakest and best-written TV show to come out of Britain in the last 10 years, The Thick of It's influence will be long lasting, which can only be a good thing. It’s certainly given my own writing a kick up the arse.

Final episode’s best line, Tucker to taxi driver:
"Drive off like that again and I'll stick the meter so far down your throat that you'll be able to tell the price of your next shit."

Here’s cum in your eye.

I also very much enjoyed 'I'm busier than a two-tw*tted hooker', 'I'm not taking advice from someone who styles his hair by sticking his head up a cow's vagina', 'It's just another day at the fuck-office' and 'Police waiting rooms are busier than the hedgehog carvery at a gypsy wedding'.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:20 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
BTW, what's a two-twitted hooker?

Variation on tw@t, which is of course slang for vagina.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:36 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 am

Don't know how it happened but I seem to have grown a third one.

This morning I watched the Top Gear Bond car special. It was mildly interesting, nothing groundbreaking but some pretty shots of cars. I had to fast forward through quite a lot towards the end to avoid the SkyFall sections as I don't get to see it for a few weeks yet and am avoiding spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Watched that last night, enjoyed it a great deal. Some little bits I didn't know, such as how the CEO of Lotus ensured that an Espirit would end up in TSWLM (parking one with all its logos covered up outside where he knew the producers were having a meeting, then came back and drove off without saying a word when they were stood around admiring it. Bingo, their interest was piqued) and the rather charming revelation that the bubbles coming from the model of the car when it was 'underwater' were achieved with Alka-Seltzer tablets.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 1:59 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 3:54 pm

He wasn't in it. It was Hammond, who irritates the hell out of me.

And yes, that was a very cute little story about the Lotus.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Watched that last night, enjoyed it a great deal. Some little bits I didn't know, such as how the CEO of Lotus ensured that an Espirit would end up in TSWLM (parking one with all its logos covered up outside where he knew the producers were having a meeting, then came back and drove off without saying a word when they were stood around admiring it. Bingo, their interest was piqued) and the rather charming revelation that the bubbles coming from the model of the car when it was 'underwater' were achieved with Alka-Seltzer tablets.

loved Hammond and the former (disgraced) Stig. "Like the T-shirt...nice touch..."

The Roger Moore/Guy Hamilton moments weren't bad.

Thus we move onto the repeated BAFTA tribute. Lazenby never lost the swagger.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:32 am

The latest episode of HARRY & PAUL has the most honest take on QT I've ever seen.

'If all the Eton tories that went to Harrow had gone to comprehensives then perhaps we'd still have the grammar schools actually'
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:35 pm

Had the pleasure of seeing Frankie Boyle live last night, his description of Milliband as looking like 'something you get free with a fucking Happy Meal' is hard to disagree with.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:05 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:36 pm

laugh
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Homeland - Season 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 16 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next